+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

OjideK

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Lots of Nov applicants moved to IP2 last week and got PPR today. I moved to IP2 today, hoping next Monday is my day :)
How do you know when the move has happened? Got my AOR Nov 29th, and biometrics submitted Jan 9th but nothing since then. I called but the times I spoke to agents they said all is going well which I am choosing to believe.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
This terminology doesn't work in my case .because they have started my backgroung check and also reviewing eligibility .
BG checks is also part of security. Government organizations can conduct background check while your eligibility is in progress.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
When does the analyst review the application? Does eligibility start mean review by case officer or analyst?
Case Analyst is the one who makes a detailed review for eligibility and recommends his decision. Only the case officer can officially pass the applicant.

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
This terminology doesn't work in my case .because they have started my backgroung check and also reviewing eligibility .
This will show reviewing until u get Ur passport stamped.
This status does not change after ip2

Reactions: sohamamin

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hey Guys.. this is going to be a long read
AOR 30th November (FSW O) India
I was so confident of getting the PR in 4 months as a few of my friends got it back in mid 2018. So back if February i booked my flight ticket to Toronto for 24th May. Then while we entered May i realized I have to cancel my tickets. But since Jet Airways shut down it's operations, I got a little lucky in not losing any money on cancellation. In fact I got an option to choose another date to fly and I chose 19th June without paying additional charges (I didn't cancel since I had booked the flight for dirt cheap price INR 47k for a return ticket).

Again, I'm working with Honeywell and since my initial plan was to fly on 24th May, i resigned on 8th March so that i finish my 2 months notice period by 7th may. And since I still haven't got the PPR I would have been jobless but fortunately honeywell has agreed to extend my notice period until 31st May.

Coming to my profile, I have submitted all documents as per their requirements, like on company letter heads, bank certificates, IT returns and so on.
Last update i got was on Jan 9th when i passed the medical and have no updates post that. Still shows we will let you know once we start background checks.

I have 9 days left as per the tracker and less than a month left for my scheduled flying date. Raised a query on webform last week and was informed VO is Ottawa, eligibility is in review and BG not started. Ordered notes on 1st May and awaiting.

I've been lucky so far with flight ticket change and even extending my stay in Honeywell and want to test my luck with the PPR now.

We all have our own stories and I hope the best for everyone. :)
Sorry, but people who leave jobs and sell properties, book flights before getting any results is beyond me...why are you doing this?

sohamamin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Visa Office......
ottava
AOR Received.
21 nov
Guys ,

Is there any other way to check whether they did ppr email or not to my agent without asking my agent ?

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
Sorry, but people who leave jobs and sell properties, book flights before getting any results is beyond me...why are you doing this?
Yes sorry to say this but leaving job so early and booking flight tickets without the visa is beyond my understanding too..but still hope @evan9160 you get your PPR mail soon! Also for your information there are few 1st wk AORs who are awaiting their golden mail,so you are really trying your luck here with tickets to Canada scheduled next month! All the best :) hope to hear good news from you soon!

Reactions: seantung

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Guys ,

Is there any other way to check whether they did ppr email or not to my agent without asking my agent ?
I think no. Mostly ppr will come as mail.
Sometimes in profile as message also.
And the agent on call must have read the online profile status to you coz in IP2 I think Ur eligibility will be recommended passed by now. Some agents just read what is there on profile.

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I just called an agent(didn't call and checked my application for few months)
The agent said the that the application appearing to be in order, and everything fine.

I am AOR Nov 24th, so my 6 months period going to end soon

As per the agent:

Eligibility - review required - what does it mean? is it good or bad?
Security - not started
Background Check - in progress
Office - Ottawa

Last edited:
Reactions: OjideK

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Assuming, but not conceding to your statement, if this was true, then the some applications from January 2019, and even March 2019 would not have received PPR. IRCC is understaffed, and some LVOs are more affected than others. London, Montreal, NDVO are glaring examples.

Also, each application is processed based on the documents, the complexity it poses. IRCC claims that 80% applications are processed within 6 months.

The 6 month processing time starts from the day the R10 is met and not the AoR. So start the 6 months processing from the R10 date.
I know you are a senior user and you probably know much more than me about this process, but I’m not sure about this fact. After all, they put a time bar in our profiles which go from AOR to 6 months later, after that they show the well-known message of “Your application is taking longer…” thus accepting that they didn’t meet the deadline with your case.

Also, here’s what is stated on the site: “We process most Express Entry applications in 6 months or less, after we get your complete application.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/how-we-assess.html

Perhaps their process has slowed down over time and it’s no longer 80% of people within the stipulated time (maybe that’s why they implemented biometrics after all), but it seems that the goal that they are aiming at is 6 months from AOR, not from R10.