+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
I was also asked for RPRF last month and still checks are going on.

But I don't see the logic behind asking RPRF and rejecting the case. But then again you never what these people do.
I have uploaded adr in my cic account ... .. Any idea..... How much time it takes to review them

Diti21

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Hello,
Does anybody know how long will it take to get the passport back from the date the visa officer receives it?
Thank you
I submitted mine on May 8th at vfs Bangalore. It went to Delhi, got stamped on May 15th. Got it back to Bangalore today.

Diti21

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Hi,

Raised a status request last week for our case: Nov 28 AOR FSW-O-Indian (12 days to go when I received this: yesterday):

1. I am happy that my case is in Ottawa (and not in NDVO, which I assume is slower). I read here frequently that Ottawa processes app in a day or two if it touches the app. Is that a correct assumption?

2. Nobody has requested pending docs from us, since AOR. Ok to assume that sufficient docs are provided to IRCC for their decision making?

3. How to interpret the below IRCC message beyond the above two points?

4. Or things have gone real haywire and my file is somewhere in the dungeons under the IRCC castle where people go once a year to clean the sewers?

/*---start of message

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
· Your application was received via your account on November 28, 2018.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
· The responsible office has not begun verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you, your spouse and your dependent child.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

---end of message-----*/

Means you're in IP1. It's a generic message.
Also, if your documents are clean and your case specifics not complicated, then it gets processed super fast once they pick up your file. My BCG started on a Friday and I got my 'ready for VISA email' on Monday (Eastern time). And I know for sure they had not started anything the previous week because I had called and raised a CSE on the previous Monday.

Last edited:

LIZ1984

May 17, 2019
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME...my AOR is November 15 2018
..didn't contact ircc either....status changed to "we are doing your background check..will contact you if we need more informtion"on april 24
no updates so far.....crossed 6 month timeline on May 15 thwhat should i do .....

Diti21

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME...my AOR is November 15 2018
..didn't contact ircc either....status changed to "we are doing your background check..will contact you if we need more informtion"on april 24
no updates so far.....crossed 6 month timeline on May 15 thwhat should i do .....

Nothing much you can do apart from wait:) Most people from the FSW-O (India- single applicants) are crossing the 180 days mark these days. The trends is 180-200 days. You should get yours by the end of the month if your docs are all in.

Notes or raising CSEs don't expedite anything. But it helps with the anxiety to raise a CSE. Be polite in your query, you tend to get a less generic response from my experience.

Reactions: micomics

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I have uploaded adr in my cic account ... .. Any idea..... How much time it takes to review them
That totally depends on the case officer.

My WES ADR went from review to not applicable in a day. The employment proof ADR still shows in review for the past 3 weeks but I was told eligibility - recommended pass by the agent

faizamir

Star Member
May 1, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-12-2018
February AORs have started getting PPR.

Guess the faster processing times are thanks to biometrics.
I gave my biometrics in December and I’ve passed criminality since then. After that - total silence.

I don’t think it really makes that much of a difference.

Reactions: SithLord