+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Today I hit 180 days and called CIC.
After 6 months, my Eligibility has changed from "Not Started" to "Review Required". It might not be a big deal but it's so unfair to wait for 6 months with the file not being looked at and get this status eventually
Did you find out why RR is mentioned?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Did you find out why RR is mentioned?
The agent refused to look at the notes but she said that it's a part of the regular process when the status changes to "review required" before an actual person looks at Eligibility

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
The agent refused to look at the notes but she said that it's a part of the regular process when the status changes to "review required" before an actual person looks at Eligibility
In some cases pof go for RR but then later it is changed. So I guess, this maybe one of those things. They will surely ask for ADR if that is the case.

That must be hard after all these months they open it now and BOOM RR :mad::mad::mad:

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
In some cases pof go for RR but then later it is changed. So I guess, this maybe one of those things. They will surely ask for ADR if that is the case.

That must be hard after all these months they open it now and BOOM RR :mad::mad::mad:
Exactly. The process doesn't seem fair at all when many applications go through the assessment early on but we have to wait till the end of the average processing time for no apparent reason.

The only thing that gives me some relief is my friend's notes who has never had "RR" put by an analyst but his Eligibility changed to "RR" right before an analyst looked at it. His Eligibility went through automatic recalculations, then "RR", then analyst looked at it and put "Met" and then an Officer looked at it and put "Passed".

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Exactly. The process doesn't seem fair at all when many applications go through the assessment early on but we have to wait till the end of the average processing time for no apparent reason.

The only thing that gives me some relief is my friend's notes who has never had "RR" put by an analyst but his Eligibility changed to "RR" right before an analyst looked at it. His Eligibility went through automatic recalculations, then "RR", then analyst looked at it and put "Met" and then an Officer looked at it and put "Passed".
So your case will be similar too

Don't worry :) Hopefully all goes through in a breeze.

PrashantNishna

Feb 14, 2019
#ShitLord

Do you have any idea about how long can cic delay an application applied under EE programme I know it’s a silly question but there must be some deadline

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
So your case will be similar too

Don't worry :) Hopefully all goes through in a breeze.
I hope it will be over soon for all of us. What a frustrating process

Reactions: SithLord

SingYeah

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Monday: Called IRCC, told them my 180-day timeline is up. The representative says the file "looks good" and we should hear from CIC soon.

Wednesday: Received GCMS notes. Surprisingly, nothing had started. Eligibility/Security/Criminality - None (Status as of April 2019)

Friday: Called IRCC again about the GCMS notes. Representative says the notes may not be updated. The file "looks really good" and we should hear from CIC anytime now.

Don't know what to believe now. The way I see it now, ignorance is bliss..!

Reactions: zafontana

priya93

Apr 27, 2019
Same number. However u can give ur number and request a call back. An agent would get to u within the time mentioned. My husband did it yesterday.
every time I am calling the line says they cannot connect me to agent as they are overloaded with calls..when i am calling they do not provide any option where i can give them my number

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Today I called to IRCC and was told that my application will be processed a little longer but eligibility is still recommenced pass.
My 6 month period will end tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ven_sus

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
08-12-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
every time I am calling the line says they cannot connect me to agent as they are overloaded with calls..when i am calling they do not provide any option where i can give them my number
Try morning 8-10 their time. We got the same message at 9.30, kept trying and got connected after 16 mins wait time

Reactions: priya93

Ven_sus

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
08-12-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
I have same AOR. Last time my husband called CIC, the agent just told that the file looks okay. And nothing in detail. Would calling CIC be of any help ? Only 4 days left for 6 months completion time
I think you should jus wait for 4 days and try. My guess is a phone call serves as a reminder. Multiple calls isn't goin to move the file. Since you made a call and followed up with GCMS notes as well, they might have pushed your file ahead now. So don't worry.

Ven_sus

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
Doc's Request.
08-12-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
This is exactly what they answered to our call yesterday!
Everything is in progress, nothing completed (though no update on the application)
We did not believe him honestly, so my husband politely but directly asked him..if our file has actually been picked up or not..to which he again said our application is being worked upon.
I don't know if I am correct or not, but my instinct says that they do not say directly that the file has not been picked but gives a generic response that everything is in progress. (anybody has any experience on this??? I would be the happiest if someone proves me wrong...!!:p:p)

But he did mention that everything seems fine in our application and there is no red flag. (Some relief..!!!:rolleyes:)

Lastly, said we can expect to hear a decision by the end of our 6 months, but there is always a probability that it might cross the timeline.

AOR 28th Nov. No update in our application since MEP and a basic ADR on the 1st week of Jan.
Yup. True.
Many ppl post here with similar message. Unless it's completely bad - where they haven't even started or the file has been sent to some other center, I think the standard response is , still in progress. We asked specific questions to each parameter. But answer was always, in progress.
And the agent was patient and helpful. Since this was our first call, he seemed ok with our questions. And this whole disclaimer "all is good, call back in July" is also to make sure we don't keep bugging them. Lol.

Reactions: greenboymx