+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Navi0007

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Today I crossed 6 months and my application says your application takes More than usual time. Is this normal and automated message

kunal_agarwal

Nov 5, 2018
Hi Guys,
I need some help...I have received my stamped passport yesterday..I have a couple questions...
  • The COPR letters say "Not valid for Travel"... The visa one the passport says "Valid for 1 time travel"... Is it ok..??
  • In the COPR it says destination province - BC and city as Vancouver.. It also has a blanl column for Flight No..I assumed immigration officer will fill after I land...But the thing is, do I have to land only in Vancouver now..?? In my CIC application I did mention my intended desttination as BC..But now I want to land in Toronto first...?? Will it be possible...??

Abundance2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Today I crossed 6 months and my application says your application takes More than usual time. Is this normal and automated message
Yes it is an automated message that’s the same case as me and lots of others in the thread

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Nop, nothing yet. I'm getting worried now.. I was told everything passed but cases like this one make me think I'm not in the clear yet. I'm definitely gonna lose a promotion if I don't receive a decision by mid next week :(
Could not you tell them that your application is approved, you are just waiting for it to come? I read also that some people wrote to Ottawa and New Delhi (I know it's weird) and they got PPR email.

Ricky09

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi Guys,
I need some help...I have received my stamped passport yesterday..I have a couple questions...
  • The COPR letters say "Not valid for Travel"... The visa one the passport says "Valid for 1 time travel"... Is it ok..??
  • In the COPR it says destination province - BC and city as Vancouver.. It also has a blanl column for Flight No..I assumed immigration officer will fill after I land...But the thing is, do I have to land only in Vancouver now..?? In my CIC application I did mention my intended desttination as BC..But now I want to land in Toronto first...?? Will it be possible...??
# It is 1 time stamp, you will get the PR card in 2-3 month after landing that's why they issue 1 time stamp.
# Why you want take the risk by landing in different place than what you mentioned in the application initially. This is just for the first time, next time when you get the PR card, you can land anywhere in Canada. I won't recommend taking this risk, better keep things simple.

By the way, Congratulations !

Last edited:

star2019

Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
Doc's Request.
06-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Yes it is an automated message that’s the same case as me and lots of others in the thread
I also completed 6 months timeline today, same description on my application too. don't know when will we all receive PPRs.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Hi Guys,
You can land anywhere you want, even Québec (you just need to convince them that you won't stay in Québec).

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
People in India, anyone received PPR? You guys are so quiet. I was hoping to read some good news from you so applicants in Canada have some good news tomorrow morning

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,
1. The COPR is valid only after it is stamped. The visa is valid for first time, you will get a PR card in 2-3 months.
2. If you were under PNP you have to land in that particular province, or you can land anywhere in Canada. But if you showed your intend of moving to BC in the application you should first land in that province.
To know more about entry process you can read this blog https://getgcmsnotesbuddy.com/port-of-entry/

kunal_agarwal

Nov 5, 2018
1. The COPR is valid only after it is stamped. The visa is valid for first time, you will get a PR card in 2-3 months.
2. If you were under PNP you have to land in that particular province, or you can land anywhere in Canada. But if you showed your intend of moving to BC in the application you should first land in that province.
To know more about entry process you can read this blog https://getgcmsnotesbuddy.com/port-of-entry/
Thanks for replying...
I received it under FSW..not PNP...As I am reading in other threads...Even though I mentioned BC as my intended destination...I might be allowed to land in any other province except Quebec...
Are you sure I can't land in any other province..??

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks for replying...
I received it under FSW..not PNP...As I am reading in other threads...Even though I mentioned BC as my intended destination...I might be allowed to land in any other province except Quebec...
Yes, if you are not under PNP you can land anywhere.
Refer to this https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-inquiry-port-of-entry-and-proof-of-funds.506981/

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks for replying...
Ok i fund some official information, this states that you can enter anywhere but the CBSA officer might create some issues during the process.
You can read this in detail https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/landing-in-canada/do-i-have-to-go-to-the-city-of-destination-stated-on-my-copr/