+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Go to your browser history and clear all the cookies. Or use a different browser. It's a common problem
Its an issue with backend of the website and has nothing to do with the browser. I have never had to change the browser and clear cookies etc. Once the backend issue is fixed, I can successfully login.

Aburleigh

Feb 5, 2019
I uploaded my document request last night and it’s already changed from additional docs uploaded to ‘not applicable’ what does this normally mean? A change due to the system update?

espresso

Dec 1, 2018
Could someone please tell me where exactly to look in the profile to know if I have received a ghost update or not ? I have followed the instructions posted previously , but , either I am looking at the wrong page or at the wrong place, thus if someone could share a screenshot , it will be helpful . Thanks in advance.

Durial321

Jul 8, 2018
AOR Nov. 8,

IP1: December 11, no updates since then. 41 days left and too much to do. What a long wait. Applying from Latin America.

How do I know my VO, and in what does that help?

Thanks and all the best to everybody waiting!

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
Could someone please tell me where exactly to look in the profile to know if I have received a ghost update or not ? I have followed the instructions posted previously , but , either I am looking at the wrong page or at the wrong place, thus if someone could share a screenshot , it will be helpful . Thanks in advance.
I don't have experience in seeing it in my profile. But from what I heard, the "submitted" under the "current status" just after you login turns to "updated". But you won't get any email notification.

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
AOR Nov. 8,

IP1: December 11, no updates since then. 41 days left and too much to do. What a long wait. Applying from Latin America.

How do I know my VO, and in what does that help?

Thanks and all the best to everybody waiting!
Nov 1st AOR with same status since Dec 4th. Raise a CSE to know your VO. It's not of any use, but just a satisfaction knowing where in the globe is our application lying covered with layers of virtual dust.

Reactions: seantung

Durial321

Jul 8, 2018
Nov 1st AOR with same status since Dec 4th. Raise a CSE to know your VO. It's not of any use, but just a satisfaction knowing where in the globe is our application lying covered with layers of virtual dust.
I raised a CSE for an update on my status, and got a confirmation email telling me to write any further updates to some Ottawa@cic address. So I'm guessing I'm at the Ottawa VO? Don't know what help that is for me but good to know! hehe

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Its an issue with backend of the website and has nothing to do with the browser. I have never had to change the browser and clear cookies etc. Once the backend issue is fixed, I can successfully login.
Doubt it. I just had the same problem, removed cookies, 30 seconds later I can access the profile. It's been like that since forever. When I removed cookies or changed the browser, I was always able to overcome the problem.

It's occurring quite frequently nowadays tho so who knows.

Last edited:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Doubt it. I just had the same problem, removed cookies, 30 seconds later I can access the profile. It's been like that since forever. When I removed cookies or changed the browser, I was always able to overcome the problem.

It's occurring quite frequently nowadays tho so who knows.
great it worked for you but I never had to delete the cookies and it works later after sometime for me.

PraveenKK

Jan 28, 2019
Aor n

Nov 6
Med pass dec 6
Ghost update jan6c

CEC inland
Aor Nov 6
Med Dec6
Ghost update Jan 6
After that no update hope will get update soon

my application dates are the same as yours, including the category type - CEC and current status is - background check is being processed.

pratikmoon

May 13, 2018
Hello All,

Ordered my first set of GCMS notes on 22 Feb 2019, received them today morning. Ordered through GETGCMS.

Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started

AOR: 15 Nov 2018
MEP: 17 Dec 2018
Current online status: BG saying 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check'.
Estimated remaining time: 50 days
No ghost updates till date.

Office: CPC, Ottawa

Just had a concern, in my notes the 'client information' is marked as review required. I have had refusal for my US and UK visitor visa once. Could that be the primary reason for the review required flag? Or do I have something more to worry about?