+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Roxy04

Jul 18, 2016
If we're being reasonable here, there are no correct answers to your questions, since no one can predict the future. At the present time 460 is a good score, however, everything could change in 2 years. Who knows, maybe EE would even be terminated by then.
Though, in my opinion, there's one thing you can be certain about - getting Masters in Canada definitely wouldn't hurt in general. So I would say if you want to get good education, go for it. But if your sole purpose of enrollment to college is getting immigration points, then there are faster ways of achieving the latter.
Thanks for the response! Can you please let me know better / faster ways to improve the score! My IELTS are already CLB 9 (Speaking & Writing) & rest 2 CLB 10. Spouse education & IELTS are already added. Please let me know the possible ways to increase the score!! Thanks in advance

xycan

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Looks PPR rains heavily for Sep AORs in this week, especially on you India FSW outland guys...
I guess the majority of us should expect 2 months.
Finger crossed.

Reactions: RR9187

Roxy04

Jul 18, 2016
I'm married but I want to apply as spouse not accompanying which will give some boost to my score. If I do, that will they allow to bring my kids along with me? Kindly let me know the pros and cons applying as spouse not accompanying.

And how long will it take to sponsor the spouse in case if I get the PR and land in Canada? Just experimenting on the options to boost my score! Tired of waiting in the pool. :(

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
So I decided to watch Sports yesterday to get my mind off this, since my favourites were all playing

In Cricket, India lost to Australia
In Football, Tottenham Hotspur lost to Chelsea and Real Madrid lost to Barcelona
In Tennis, Nadal lost to Kyrgios

My life looks great now :D

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Guys,

Quick queries regarding travel/employment.

November 14th AOR, obviously and absolutely no updates (ghost or otherwise) since Medical passed in December. Not even the "How to find a job".
FSW - Outland from India.

1. I recently made an international trip (first week of February) and was wondering if this was something I need to inform IRCC about. If yes, then what should be the mode of informing?

2. In all eventuality I will be quitting my job before PPR arrives, (scary but true and inevitable). I am sure I have to inform IRCC about this. Again, what should be the mode? And maybe a funny question, but will the fact of me being unemployed affect the file/processing in any way?

Congratulations to all who recently received PPR. All the best for a wonderful future.
Everyone else just hang in there, good things are coming! :)
1. No need to update IRCC on travel post-AOR.
2. Raise a CSE.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
So is verifying work experience part of eligibility check, or security and criminality?
I would assume it is part of eligibility since the others have to do with Police certificates, INTERPOL, etc... I would also assume security and criminality are what is the actual BG check...
Verifying work experience is a part of the eligibility check.

Criminality is not a part of the background check. Criminality just involves verifying the police certificates you have provided.

Security is essentially the background check. Since it is done by CBSA, not IRCC... there is no visibility on the background check process and, therefore, no notes are added related to it until its done.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
I'm married but I want to apply as spouse not accompanying which will give some boost to my score. If I do, that will they allow to bring my kids along with me? Kindly let me know the pros and cons applying as spouse not accompanying.

And how long will it take to sponsor the spouse in case if I get the PR and land in Canada? Just experimenting on the options to boost my score! Tired of waiting in the pool. :(
Yes, for kids accompanying.

I've heard the sponsor process takes a year.