+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Roxy04

Jul 18, 2016
Hi,

I'm currently on 434 points and I'm planning to do a Masters in Canada. If I do that and complete it in 2 years time, there is a chance my points would increase. However, the points for age would decrease by 10. Net impact would be an increase of 44 points (14 for the education, 25 for skills transfer ability and 15 for Education in Canada). Is that a good idea and what about the chances of getting an ITA by sitting above 460. Please advise.

Mark888

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Hi,

I'm currently on 434 points and I'm planning to do a Masters in Canada. If I do that and complete it in 2 years time, there is a chance my points would increase. However, the points for age would decrease by 10. Net impact would be an increase of 44 points (14 for the education, 25 for skills transfer ability and 15 for Education in Canada). Is that a good idea and what about the chances of getting an ITA by sitting above 460. Please advise.
If we're being reasonable here, there are no correct answers to your questions, since no one can predict the future. At the present time 460 is a good score, however, everything could change in 2 years. Who knows, maybe EE would even be terminated by then.
Though, in my opinion, there's one thing you can be certain about - getting Masters in Canada definitely wouldn't hurt in general. So I would say if you want to get good education, go for it. But if your sole purpose of enrollment to college is getting immigration points, then there are faster ways of achieving the latter.

Jul 14, 2018
I got a ghost update today as well. Also I received the "How to get a job in Canada email" on Jan 16th.
AOR Nov 5th and also saw someone else here with a ghost update today.
I'm wondering whether it is just a routine update that has nothing to do with the stage of our applications.
I am also Nov 5 AOR. I got how to find job message and email on December 19th. It doesn't indicate anything as far as I know.

SKay9189

Feb 4, 2019
Guys,

Quick queries regarding travel/employment.

November 14th AOR, obviously and absolutely no updates (ghost or otherwise) since Medical passed in December. Not even the "How to find a job".
FSW - Outland from India.

1. I recently made an international trip (first week of February) and was wondering if this was something I need to inform IRCC about. If yes, then what should be the mode of informing?

2. In all eventuality I will be quitting my job before PPR arrives, (scary but true and inevitable). I am sure I have to inform IRCC about this. Again, what should be the mode? And maybe a funny question, but will the fact of me being unemployed affect the file/processing in any way?

Congratulations to all who recently received PPR. All the best for a wonderful future.
Everyone else just hang in there, good things are coming! :)