+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Is this 30-40 days after AOR or after MEP?
After AOR.

Almost 95% of applications I have seen were rejected within the 40 day period. I noticed a few were rejected even before they cleared medicals like within 20 days or something.

There was 1 case which was rejected after 72 days and that was because of a typo mistake in the work experience letter. This was a very rare case!!!

So the general rule what I've noticed is that if you clear 40 days or to be on the same side 2 months then the chances of rejection are very low.

gandalf019283

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
So,what happens when the NOC is determined not suited to your work experience? Do you raise a CSE?
Yes, I plan to raise a CSE with an elaborate experience letter that matches the existing NOC. Asking to change the NOC will leave the ball in CIC court.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
In my opinion, it is too harsh especially taking about NOC rejection. Before sibmitting I had problems with determinng my NOC, as other people I think. And after I have calmed downed, he or she gives me a reason to worry again.
A very bad person he or she is. VERY.
Yeah, he or she created a sense of confusion at least in me.

Could you guys help me out and evaluate if the duties in my reference letter satisfy the NOC requirement?
My boss is not aware of what NOC means, nor she is aware about the whole Canadian immigration system, so she just gave me this letter. Now, considering that this dude was rejected due to NOC mismatch, I started worrying.

Here is my NOC 4163 Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants:

Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Develop policies and administer programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas
  • Design market research questionnaires
  • Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional or national areas to assess development potential and future trends
  • Plan development projects and co-ordinate activities with representatives of a wide variety of industrial and commercial enterprises, community and business associations and government agencies
  • Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital
  • Respond to enquiries from members of the business community and general public concerning development opportunities
  • Review and evaluate commercial or industrial development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval
  • Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale or retail consumers
  • Evaluate customer service and store environments
  • Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products
  • Develop social and economic profiles of urban and rural areas to encourage industrial and commercial investment and development.
  • Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles
  • Plan and develop E-commerce strategies
  • Provide consultation on planning and starting of new businesses.

Those are the duties in the reference letter:
· Plan, develop and conduct primary and secondary market research projects on domestic and foreign markets
· Develop surveys, research questionnaires and qualitative research guides
· Travel domestically to personally oversee and/or perform primary market research
· Communicate and partner with domestic and international marketing agencies to plan, develop and perform market research projects
· Perform analysis of internal and external market and industry data to translate consumer insights into actionable recommendations
· Prepare reports with conclusions and recommendations regarding company’s marketing strategy
· Oversee the preparation of reports with relevant industry news and trends

It would be amazing if you guys provide your feedback

Arsalanullah1122

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
What a sick joke that guy pulled over all those people. I was researching on the NOC mismatch and stumbled upon something you guys should see and maybe this can help calm you guys down.

"Just to give my opinion on this

I have given three reference letter and fingers crossed, I am assuming everything is going fine as File is with NDVO.

I worked as Biological Scientist and honestly I didn't put 60% of Responsibilities as Molecular Biologist does only 3-4 mentioned in NOC Code 2121 compared to Pharmacologist who only do 4-5 mentioned in NOC Code 2121. Now CIC is putting this immense pressure on you to ask companies to put around 60% on paper, I don't think so! Therefore when people say to put at least 50-60% of your responsibilities, how could that be true, you can be 60% of all job titles mentioned in the NOC Code. I went to CIIP Session in Hyderabad where I had the opportunity to ask this question to Visa Officer / Case Analyst (at least that what they said they have experience of handling applications, so I assumed they are VOs or Case Analysts) and they say...they do not expect even 50% of responsibilities on Reference Letter (If you get this is obviously great)....They check Company - R&D, Awesome (Company Profile Fits) >> They are ok with 20-30% as long as company's profile show this. One of them mentioned all they want to assure that what you are saying is genuine!

Now I have also worked in Consulting...and CIC has put this again Broad Remit of NOC Code 4163 (Market Researcher, Consultants, and Business Development Officers)...how could you expect that consultant do work of Market Researcher if you want to fill that 60% thing...(In my opinion, this usually comes from people working in IT, my opinion do not take anything against me on this)....but this doesn't work for other NOC Codes

Now here I tell I showed Three Employers

Employer 1 (UK): Worked for 2 years. Big Pharma R&D - Wasn't able to get Reference Letter, just a letter from HR mentioning Salary, Hours, Position and she also mentioned due to EU Guidelines they are not able to issue such letters. I attached Payslips, Awards, Contract Letter, Promotion Letter along with Reference from Mentor in Big Pharma R&D on simple paper (Not even got it Notarized as she gave her Business Card and to show authenticity I even scanned Courier Package showing that she sent from the UK to India)

Employer 2 (Switzerland): Worked for a year to be precise 10 months. Known Pharma Consulting firm, however very brief reference letter which states my Roles within 4 lines. Attached Pay Slips + Income Tax Documents and luckily HR here also mentioned due to EU Guidelines on Data Protection they cannot give out detailed letters. Made my case even more strong. Thye mentioned Hours of Work, Salary, psotion too!

Employer 3 (India): Worked for a year to be precise 10 months. Start Up (Pharma Analytics) Ended on a bad note, never showed reference letter. Explained the reason company is not willing to give reference letter. Still attached Payslips, Promotion Letter, Resignation Letter, Form 16 and Income Tax Documents.

Employer 4 (India): Worked for 2 years to be precise 22.5 months. Small Start Up, however known in Pharma Market Research and Consulting. Gave 3 Page Detailed Letter (OMG this company went crazy)...on that and they even asked me if I am satisfied. They were the only one who actually mentioned 60-70% of responsibilities. Still attached Payslips, Promotion Letter, Resignation Letter, Form 16 and Income Tax Documents.

Since my file is at NDVO, I am assuming it passed A11.2 and R10 Review (Been 3.5 Months)...

In conclusion, I think company's core business should reflect what you are doing and please attach any documents you can for the employer. It just gives credibility and reliability to your work experience. Remember they want to establish you are genuine!

This is just my opinion.

I never showed my current job as I think I had documents to prove my 24 +10 + 10 + 22 = 66 Months Work Ex (5.5 Years) which gives me maximum points. Yes I do wake up in middle of night thinking that my AOR was in Nov End and mostly 40-50% have got PPRs, however, I have immense travel history and I do keep contemplating that what I have provided is more than sufficient to tell that I am genuine

I hope this helps people that it's not all matching duties. Think in shoes of VOs"

Source https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/noc-rejection-anyone.479113/

Reactions: pizzaboy99

yjjhzxl

Mar 30, 2018
Hi
I received AOR on 12 Nov and today my medical got updated i.e "you passed the medical exam". dont't worry you should see update in 1-2 days.
Thanks for the info, me AOR on Nov 23, guess I will probably have to wait until January..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I know a case where a rejection happened after 6 months :). Some guy thought he did not have to show POF amount and so did not provide bank letter and it took six months to reject for incomplete documentation.

Anything that can happen in this process.
What was the exact scenario regarding pof?

Villegas Family

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
Anyone applying with their family? I am principal applicant with my spouse and two children currently ages 11 months and 3 years old. I am wondering if this affects the processing time. Side note, I have a provincial nomination from Nova Scotia and am coming from the USA.

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Anyone applying with their family? I am principal applicant with my spouse and two children currently ages 11 months and 3 years old. I am wondering if this affects the processing time. Side note, I have a provincial nomination from Nova Scotia and am coming from the USA.
The family, no. Provincial, yes.

jbj274

Jun 29, 2018
In the form it says that this is not the same as a representative:

Complete this form if you authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to release information from your case file to someone other than yourself

However, he or she will not be a representative who can conduct business with CIC and CBSA On Your Behalf. If you wish to pray
represented, you must complete and submit form Use of a Representative (IMM 5476).

How can I find out if I am assigned a case officer and if so how to contact them?
I got MEP. applied 14th of November. the issue I was having with IMM5475 was that I should have filled it out to give my wife the possibility to get updates regarding our application. Anyhow, I guess my MEP was available on 14th of December the day I got the request to fill in the form.

pratikmoon

May 13, 2018
AOR dated: 15th Nov

MEP dated: 18th Nov

BG changed from ‘Not Applicable’ to ‘Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check’.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hi, I got a bad news today. The application status says Cancelled.
For my spouse, the Hungarian embassy in USA provided English Translation + true copy of the original Electronic certificate. We took a color scan of the document as was received from the embassy. Embassy never provided us anything else.
So the document by IRCC says the application is incomplete and hence cancelled. Fees will be refunded.

The question I have is:
Can I resubmit the application using same profile? Or by creating a new profile?
Or even if I submit my profile again, it will be cancelled?
My CRS is around 465+ so I expect an invite if profile is submitted again

Meanwhile we will check with Hungarian embassy if they can provide the original electronic document

Last edited:

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
After AOR.

Almost 95% of applications I have seen were rejected within the 40 day period. I noticed a few were rejected even before they cleared medicals like within 20 days or something.

There was 1 case which was rejected after 72 days and that was because of a typo mistake in the work experience letter. This was a very rare case!!!

So the general rule what I've noticed is that if you clear 40 days or to be on the same side 2 months then the chances of rejection are very low.
That is only in case of incomplete documentation. For things such as NOC code not matching, POF not adequate, reference letter not adequate etc, the rejection comes much later in the process.

jaySil

Nov 30, 2018
For my spouse, the Hungarian embassy in USA provided English Translation + true copy of the original Electronic certificate. We took a color scan of the document as was received from the embassy. Embassy never provided us anything else.
So the document by IRCC says the application is incomplete and hence cancelled. Fees will be refunded.

The question I have is:
Can I resubmit the application using same profile? Or by creating a new profile?

Meanwhile we will check with Hungarian embassy if they can provide the original electronic document

So sorry to hear that.
My previous application was cancelled for a similar reason (Forgot to attach the original document in native language).

You have to start a new profile and wait for an ITA.
(You can access your previous profile, but the information on that profile cannot be imported to the new profile. I manually saved each page of the old profile and used it as a guide to start the new profile)
Make sure to start and submit the profile ASAP as new rounds of ITAs may be issued at anytime.
(I waited an additional day to submit the profile assuming that they only send ITAs on Wednesdays. But that week they sent the ITAs on Monday. So I had to wait another two weeks to get an ITA again)

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018

The question I have is:
My CRS is around 465+ so I expect an invite if profile is submitted again

Sorry to hear about that :(. With a CRS of 465+, you will definitely get an invite again.

Check with a few successful Hungarian applicants to see what all they submitted exactly, to ensure that you have all the required documents. Good luck!