+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

prk245

Jun 5, 2019
Did you get the email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca?

More often than not, they state in the PPR email to not respond/email back to that email.

For instance, mine was from Edmonton email address and it specifically stated NOT to respond to it.
'This message is sent via an inbox that does not receive messages, please do not reply to this email.'

I think the best would be to raise a CSE and also give IRCC a call to ask for further instructions on how to proceed.

Maybe someone else can weigh in on this.
The PPR email was from IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

The weird thing is, with the standard message that says if anything in your application changes, contact us immediately... there is no contact email mentioned. I wrote to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca based on the info on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-ottawa-ontario.html

However I think you are right. May be the best way is to use the web-form to ask them for instructions to send passport from USA.

Also how do you call IRCC from outside of canada. I live in USA, whenever I dial the number, the system just hangs up on me.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

The weird thing is, with the standard message that says if anything in your application changes, contact us immediately... there is no contact email mentioned. I wrote to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca based on the info on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-ottawa-ontario.html

However I think you are right. May be the best way is to use the web-form to ask them for instructions to send passport from USA.

Also how do you call IRCC from outside of canada. I live in USA, whenever I dial the number, the system just hangs up on me.
Webform or directly emailing CPC-Ottawa is the best way to make your request

Reactions: prk245

Max_Rimon

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018

I have 3 months to file my application so plenty of time. In meantime, let's see where Canada takes me :)
No, you are not alone, I am Nov 2 AOR too.

All my applications to IRCC (e.g., study permit, PGWP) were processed much longer than stated on the IRCC website and I am not surprised that my PR application is taking longer.

I am just disappointed that during my stay in Canada I paid so much taxes and IRCC gives me really hard time, although they have all my information from last 5 years, nothing changed and they probably perform the same checks each time I apply.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

All my applications to IRCC (e.g., study permit, PGWP) were processed much longer then stated on the IRCC website and I am not surprised that my PR application is taking longer.

I am just disappointed that during my stay in Canada I paid so much taxes and IRCC gives me really hard time, although they have all my information from last 5 years, nothing changed and they probably perform the same checks each time I apply.
That's actually pretty sad that even after 5 year stay and all the checks they performed on your previous applications they're still taking it this long :(

Reactions: Max_Rimon

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Guys, I received Australian State Nomination from Canberra . Didn't see that coming :D:D:D:D The email was in my spam folder for past 3 days ::):)

I got nominated with 65 points, lowest score to receive nomination in recent draws.

Last year, I rejected EOI from Australia when I got Canada ITA, a decision I regretted even more in the last few weeks. Now I am going to think about this over the weekend and decide whether or not to pursue on this journey since I am really getting tired of this Canada nonsense :):):):):)

Very happy and thankful that life has given me another opportunity :):):)
Lol great opportunity to spend more money to get yourself into another 1-2 year trip where you will never have any idea about the next stage and processing time. I think after one year of waiting you will dream about Canadian SS lol :D

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018

All my applications to IRCC (e.g., study permit, PGWP) were processed much longer than stated on the IRCC website and I am not surprised that my PR application is taking longer.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
November 12 AOR. I have been in Canada for the past 8 years and they even refused my first application. IRCC doesn't give a sh** about us. I even think they give us more hard time than others. lol

Max_Rimon

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
:D:D:D:D:D:D
November 12 AOR. I have been in Canada for the past 8 years and they even refused my first application. IRCC doesn't give a sh** about us. I even think they give us more hard time than others. lol
I understand you exactly and hope for the brighter future for us, CEC applicants.

Recently I spoke to some of my friends, who are CEC applicants too and we really don't understand why our processing time is so long, especially when we have an extensive application history with countless amount of documents submitted and approved in the past?

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I understand you exactly and hope for the brighter future for us, CEC applicants.

Recently I spoke to some of my friends, who are CEC applicants too and we really don't understand why our processing time is so long, especially when we have an extensive application history with countless amount of documents submitted and approved in the past?
Say and say again. I wonder what at all they are doing. I have made 6 different applications to IRCC over the past 8 years, given them several documents, and none of these applications have been refused before. Now that I want PR, they are doing concert....lol

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017

Ah okay.

I would still call them up and try to contact an agent ASAP. Here are instructions on calling from outside Canada.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/guidelines-to-call-ircc-cic-from-us.584666/

A lot of others here have called from outside Canada. Can someone instruct on the procedure? I have only called from inside Canada.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Max_Rimon

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I absolutely have no problem with Canadian immigration system. Infact, I have also said this dozens of time that they have the most fair and outstanding system for anyone looking to start a new life in Canada.

I understand that some EE applications take longer than promised 6 months, now how long this takes no one knows. Now you can't keep putting up your life on hold forever? Maybe some can.

I am just saying that I have been given a different opportunity and it's not end of the world for me if Canada PR doesn't come anytime soon. Although I would like it to come soon but I'm no longer stressed about it. I have made peace with it. Maybe that's why I was shown a different door? I don't know, I just see positivity in everything. This exhausting wait for Canadian PR has taught me great life lessons :)
You are absolutely right that putting our lives on hold while waiting for PR is unbearable, which reminds me of an article recently circulated in the blog.

Speaking from a perspective of an CEC applicant, at the moment, while waiting PR endless processing time:

First, I cannot start my PhD studies w/o PR, because it's very expensive (despite financial assistance from the university)

Second, I cannot apply for government related jobs (BTW, these are the majority of jobs I can apply after my Master's degree), because for some weird reason all my applications (w/o having PR) are turning out to be unsuccessful :(

However, it is worth mentioning that Canadian immigration system is probably the most efficient in the world

Reactions: SithLord

ShrSrd

May 7, 2019
d
Thanks for replying
I was just worried because I know when you send an email directly to Ottawa, you get an automated response acknowledging that they received the email. I haven't received one yet. That's why I was thinking if something has changed and I should may be use the web form just to be sure.
Don't worry about the acknowledgement. That's the last thing on your priority list right now.
Email Ottawa or whichever email ID is mentioned in the email (multiple departments is fine, as long as someone responds to your query). I was in a similar situation and I sent emails to Ottawa, Sydney, raised queries through 2 webforms and in the end it was Ottawa (my Primary Office) that provided a confirmation to submit my passports in a different VAC. This is Ottawa's email in case you don't already have it - CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

prk245

Jun 5, 2019
d

Don't worry about the acknowledgement. That's the last thing on your priority list right now.
Email Ottawa or whichever email ID is mentioned in the email (multiple departments is fine, as long as someone responds to your query). I was in a similar situation and I sent emails to Ottawa, Sydney, raised queries through 2 webforms and in the end it was Ottawa (my Primary Office) that provided a confirmation to submit my passports in a different VAC. This is Ottawa's email in case you don't already have it - CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Thanks a lot for replying. The email mentions that the primary office is CPC-Ottawa. I sent the email on the email id you mentioned in your post above (The PPR email itself didn't mention any email id). I also raised a query through a web form. I think this should cover it.

Thanks again :)

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Lol great opportunity to spend more money to get yourself into another 1-2 year trip where you will never have any idea about the next stage and processing time. I think after one year of waiting you will dream about Canadian SS lol :D
Brother it is just another option, I haven't decided on anything further. I had the same opportunity last year and rejected it, besides my Canadian application will still continue processing.

As others have already mentioned my application is in final stages so will have to assess my future and make the right decision :)

Yes, Australian PR is expensive but it is economic immigration so it's understandable.

I was just happy to see the email since I didn't expect it, so wanted to share it with others since I was getting very frustrated with the wait.

Reactions: whiterabbit