+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Ordering GCMS notes has zero impact on your application. It doesn't cause any delay or speed up your application process. It's a myth.

GCMS notes are generated by ATIP and your application is processed at CIC

The staff who are responsible to generate your GCMS notes obviously will not be authorized to work on your application.
ATIP notes are generated by CIC, just not by the officers working on files... I work for the federal gov and ppl can get notes from files I work on. Never had to freeze the account for it, but CiC may have different policy. That's why i wonder if anyone actually got PPR shortly after ordering notes

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
ATIP notes are generated by CIC, just not by the officers working on files... I work for the federal gov and ppl can get notes from files I work on. Never had to freeze the account for it, but CiC may have different policy. That's why i wonder if anyone actually got PPR shortly after ordering notes
I did .. not really shortly but within 10-15 days of ordering GCMS notes. GCMS notes came after PPR.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Many people on the forum have reported that they have received a PPR after they ordered note, or the application was not moving from many months, but when they ordered the notes, a movement was observed.
Perceptions can be different, but this is said so because when we order notes the CIC officer has to open the application to enter a note of GCMS request. That can be the reason for this belief.

Skr2510

May 15, 2019
AOR: 24 nov 2018

Just called call centre: my eligibility is met but BG check is left. They informed that final timeline extended to 18 july 2019 from 24 may 2019, due to delay.

What to expect as per your experience? Profile had last update on medical passed on 5 jan 2019. RPRF paid on 16 jan 2019.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR: 24 nov 2018

Just called call centre: my eligibility is met but BG check is left. They informed that final timeline extended to 18 july 2019 from 24 may 2019, due to delay.

What to expect as per your experience? Profile had last update on medical passed on 5 jan 2019. RPRF paid on 16 jan 2019.
Your Security will start now. You should have asked if BG has started or not.
Security takes 1-3 months time depending on the application, but as this is the last stage you can wait for the good news soon.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Generally, people believe that when GCMS notes are ordered they seem to find some movement on their cases.

In the notes, you will see that in the "incoming correspondence" a date is marked every time you order gcms. So the assumption is that an officer opens a case to make a note of it.

It's just people's perception.

Yes, I have seen many people mention they have got PPR after a week or two of ordering gcms notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Since you work for the federal government, the files you work on, before they are released, the person uncharge for them is asked to review before submitting them for a release.

In Ontario Public Service, this is the policy followed. Since these files are electronic files, and if there is an update, eg. a security report that came in, it will be updated, or if an ADR was requested, it will be approved and added to the file.

This is the only time the update will happen. Just by requesting GCMS notes by itself does not mean there will be a movement. Any movement seen after the GCMS could be because of the above, or just a mere coincidence.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Are all applications processed in that order?

My timeline is
FSW-O
AOR Feb 1, 2019
Med passed 16 mar
Biometrics completed 28 mar

No updates since.
Does it mean my criminality is passed? As I’m freaking out about my PCC, saw several casas got rejected. I submitted PCC issued before my last trip (got pcc is 2017, visited country for 3 weeks in 2018, AOR 2019).

I called IRCC and they said my application is processed outside of Canada (Paris VO I assume since I live in France), so the agent couldn’t tell me anything.

Should I be worried or at this point they could be nice and send an ADR instead of complete rejection ?
*ordered GCMS notes last week
Yes. There may be some variations, but most are processed in this order.

This is very logical too.

The first stage R10 (completeness check), if the application is incomplete, it will be rejected. This is why it is the first stage. Along with the R10, based on your PCC, the criminality is done, unless you are an inland applicant who need to submit the RCMP, which is requested later.

Around this time, the medicals is also done. Usually the eligibility will not start unless medicals are done, because if an applicant or a family member is medically inadmissible, there is no need to do the eligibility.

Then starts the eligibility, which is the comprehensive review of all your documents. It takes place in 2 stages and is time consuming, eating the most of the processing time.

Only after the eligibility is passed, the security will start. Since the security is done by agencies other than IRCC, like CBSA, CSIS and Public Safety, this is the last stage.

If your AoR is February 1, your R10 should be complete, and criminality passed by now.

But, since you have requested the notes, you should get a clear picture.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Since you work for the federal government, the files you work on, before they are released, the person uncharge for them is asked to review before submitting them for a release.

In Ontario Public Service, this is the policy followed. Since these files are electronic files, and if there is an update, eg. a security report that came in, it will be updated, or if an ADR was requested, it will be approved and added to the file.

This is the only time the update will happen. Just by requesting GCMS notes by itself does not mean there will be a movement. Any movement seen after the GCMS could be because of the above, or just a mere coincidence.
I agree with you, but
In my case with CIC, notes were requested on April 8 1pm PST, CA note on EE were done on April 10 at 10:57, notes generated April 10 at 11:37.
So it's not ADR or external correspondence...not sure what to think. In my line of work I wouldn't be putting notes on file assignment between receipt of request and releasing the notes...

dorakush

Jul 19, 2018
Thank you so much for this detailed reply, now I have a much better understanding of the eligibility process. ordered GCMS notes today and will wait to see what it says.
The stages of an application are:

R10 - completness check
Criminality - Based on your PCCs, and if your are inland, will be pending until RCMP is received
Medicals - Is done in the first 39-45 days, usually around R10
Eligibility - Only after Medicals and R10 will the eligibility start.
Security - Only after eligibility is conclusively passed by an officer, will the security commence.

When an agent says that the eligibility is under review, it merely means it is in progress.

The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First an assistant / analyst will review the documents and make a recommendation. This can be Recommended passed, Review Required, Met recommended Met etc. To know if you have a RR, you will need to see the GCMS notes.

Once the recommendation is done, the officer will review and make a final determination. This is when your eligibility is passed.

Under review can mean either it is in progress, or the first stage is done.

Also a RR by itself is not a reason to panic. I wrote an exhaustive post and posting it here.

Hope this helps!!
is

Reactions: legalfalcon

poojarmalhotra

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-11-2018
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-08-2019
Finally!!! The wait is over!!!

We received our Ready for Visa mail today:D with only 1 day left in our timeline

Thank you for the support and motivation when things didn’t seem to be heading right:D

All the best for those awaiting their PPR!!!

PS: my cic account remains unchanged....documents are still being reviewed and bg is still in process...

@SithLord ....you would be next :D
:D
Fabulous!!!