+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Techbird

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Just Called CIC , They Said Security is not yet started in my profile (left only 45 Days) . He told me that it will definitely going to take more than 6 months for most of the application because the officers are loaded with tons of the applications.

The question i asked and answers are in Blue

1: Has my review started - officers yet to start the review
2; Has my criminality started- completed
3. has my security cleared - soon the criminality over they will start the security but this case that is missing .soon they start
4. is there any possible problem on documents- No. Documents looks good they never tried reach you out for additional documents
5: what is the average time its going to take - takes loner time as officers are working with lots off applications and for you its matter of time officers touches the file.

:(:(:(:(:(

Reactions: sumylili

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Just Called CIC , They Said Security is not yet started in my profile (left only 45 Days) . He told me that it will definitely going to take more than 6 months for most of the application because the officers are loaded with tons of the applications.

3. has my security cleared - soon the criminality over they will start the security but this case that is missing .soon they start
4. is there any possible problem on documents- No. Documents looks good they never tried reach you out for additional documents
5: what is the average time its going to take - takes loner time as officers are working with lots off applications and for you its matter of time officers touches the file.

What is your VO and stream?

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
VO details i am not aware and forgot to ask him, The Stream is CEC inland .. already called 5 time in 5 Months .. little scared (will that affect processing time )
I don't think the number of calls will affect your processing time, don't worry!. I don't understand what is wrong with IRCC officers, if you don't have any travel history why they are taking so long to pick up your file. I would rather process those faster and get them out of my way. Anyways, just sit tight and be patient..

moak091

May 25, 2018

Hello,
Could you please tell me the steps for calling the agent? Thanks.

Techbird

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
I don't think the number of calls will affect your processing time, don't worry!. I don't understand what is wrong with IRCC officers, if you don't have any travel history why they are taking so long to pick up your file. I would rather process those faster and get them out of my way. Anyways, just sit tight and be patient..
Yes , will hope for the best.. I am tired ...

Techbird

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Hello,
Could you please tell me the steps for calling the agent? Thanks.
I called CIC inside canada.

Call CiC number 18882422100 and then press 1 again 1 and press 2 again 2 then enter your application number and DOB . then press 1 once automated message over press 0 ..

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
I am assuming this is Cec and VO edmonton. You’ll get your PPR email in a week. Same case as me. You’ll see the email before next Friday. Good luck
Thanks!
Its VO Calgary. My nearest VO for landing interview is Vancouver. Not sure of they always do landing interview for CEC or they might just ask for passport to be sent...
I'm in process of getting new passport which I dont expect to get before end of next week or later...

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hmm, that's v interesting because I hadn't considered it could be red tape in India that is slowing down the authentication of PCCs or criminal background checks. My experience with acquiring the PCC in India was shockingly efficient: I was in and out of the PSK in 50 mins with my PCC in hand. And that made me wonder: Surely they couldn't have queried my name against a database in so little time to hand me a "No Trace" PCC. So was it simply a rubber-stamp babu-bureacracy formality, this Indian PCC? Do they issue PCCs to anyone applying to immigrate to Canada, NZ, AU, etc.? Is there truly a database in India that is live, useful and effective, I wondered. And if there is, and they were so efficient in issuing me with the PCC, then how does it figure that these same authorities are dragging their feet when it comes to handling queries from CBSA/CSIS.

I'm also an ex-resident of US. Since coming back from USA, I have been in India for 5 years. So, the US won't have background information on this period of time and therefore, CBSA/CSIS will have to investigate. I imagine it is the same case for you as an ex-resident. So the cases of a current and ex-resident of US are not the same!

We don't know exactly what this background investigation is. Maybe they have some partners in India from whom they get this information and therefore, the delay exists on India's side. We all know how slow Indian govt authorities are. My simple renewal of a passport took almost 3 months last year, with no change in address or any personal information.

I disagree that IRCC should reduce the standard deviation between PPR days for all candidates. All they should do is ensure that each candidate is processed as fast as possible. Again, I really doubt that Indian residents are intentionally being delayed. I have seen GCMS notes of US residents and Indian residents and seen their R10 checks and case analyst reviews are almost at the same timelines. MEPs come at the same timeline. So, by the process of elimination - it appears that background checks is the main culprit and again, we don't know exactly what goes on into this. Maybe US is much faster and more proactive in sharing info, so what can IRCC do?

Last edited:
Reactions: mumbaikar88

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
So just found out that my file has been transferred to Montreal VO in first week of April after 4.5 months in Calgary. LOL !!!!! Cant think should i curse or laugh at myself. Anyways need to grind it out.

AOR - Nov 14,2018
Single CEC Inland applicant.
Background check in progress since mid January and same today as well.

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
So just found out that my file has been transferred to Montreal VO in first week of April after 4.5 months in Calgary. LOL !!!!! Cant think should i curse or laugh at myself. Anyways need to grind it out.

AOR - Nov 14,2018
I feel the same pain...:(

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019

AOR - Nov 14,2018
Hey, if you are inland applicant, you can reach out to your MP case worker, they may can speed up the processing time :). Hope this helps