+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

USA2CA

Feb 12, 2019
No personal experience but would advice to submit bank statements of all banks. Better to give more info than required rather than less. You should be able to download them all for Indian banks via net banking, no?
Thank you. I haven't been operating my bank accounts in India since 2014. The letter states ALL (underlined) so looks like I need to go back and reset the online banking credentials. I have all the statements for my accounts in USA, but getting the statements from Indian accounts, which are most likely deactivated (for not using it from years) might be a tough task - that too by 03/27 including a weekend!

soliloquy

Nov 3, 2016
I just did my landing this morning so I thought I'd share my experience.

Stream: CEC-Inland
VO: Vancouver
NOC: 2121
AOR: 9th November 2018
MEP: 11th December 2018
Criminality passed: 11th December 2018
Eligibility passed: 14th December 2018
PPR: 27th February 2019
RPRF paid: 1st March 2019
Landing: 21st March 2019

The interview went for about half an hour as the lady had to fix up some dates on our profile (they were in the wrong format). She was very nice and chatty, she said straight away that everything was approved and this was just the final step. The only thing involved was answering some questions (have you been arrested since applying, have you ever been asked to leave Canada, etc). We made sure the details on the COPR was correct, signed everything and that was it. She said the PR cards will arrive hopefully within 2 months. Gave us an informational sheet about SIN, MSP, etc (we already have that organised so it wasn't a big deal).

We were chatting about the process and how long and frustrating it can be. She said that they know about these forums as it is part of their training. The call centres have a very high turnaround which makes her feel sorry for the clients because they are often given wrong information. Apparently the training is not very thorough sometimes and the agents can give wrong information. She said the worst CPC is Montreal because as they are bilingual there, many of the applicants get frustrated because often they speak very little English so they don't understand the accent and it can make communication very hard. Maybe that's why Montreal takes longer than the other places.

I can't believe this process is done now! What a relief!

ikilledcupidxo

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I just did my landing this morning so I thought I'd share my experience.

Stream: CEC-Inland
VO: Vancouver
NOC: 2121
AOR: 9th November 2018
MEP: 11th December 2018
Criminality passed: 11th December 2018
Eligibility passed: 14th December 2018
PPR: 27th February 2019
RPRF paid: 1st March 2019
Landing: 21st March 2019

The interview went for about half an hour as the lady had to fix up some dates on our profile (they were in the wrong format). She was very nice and chatty, she said straight away that everything was approved and this was just the final step. The only thing involved was answering some questions (have you been arrested since applying, have you ever been asked to leave Canada, etc). We made sure the details on the COPR was correct, signed everything and that was it. She said the PR cards will arrive hopefully within 2 months. Gave us an informational sheet about SIN, MSP, etc (we already have that organised so it wasn't a big deal).

We were chatting about the process and how long and frustrating it can be. She said that they know about these forums as it is part of their training. The call centres have a very high turnaround which makes her feel sorry for the clients because they are often given wrong information. Apparently the training is not very thorough sometimes and the agents can give wrong information. She said the worst CPC is Montreal because as they are bilingual there, many of the applicants get frustrated because often they speak very little English so they don't understand the accent and it can make communication very hard. Maybe that's why Montreal takes longer than the other places.

I can't believe this process is done now! What a relief!
Thanks for providing this info! Good read.

And good that most of us don't use our real names here, hey? Just in case they are snooping around.
Or they probably read about all of us panicking or making wrong assumptions and having a good laugh at their computers. :rolleyes:

soliloquy

Nov 3, 2016
Thanks for providing this info! Good read.

And good that most of us don't use our real names here, hey? Just in case they are snooping around.
Or they probably read about all of us panicking or making wrong assumptions and having a good laugh at their computers. :rolleyes:
I don't even use the username I use for everything else on this forum. That's how much I want to protect as much private info as possible! I have a career that requires me to be pretty exposed online.

Reactions: RR9187

ikilledcupidxo

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I don't even use the username I use for everything else on this forum. That's how much I want to protect as much private info as possible! I have a career that requires me to be pretty exposed online.
I hear you. Got two questions - How long did it take for you to get an appointment at the CIC office (or was this at a POE)? I ask because I read that a lot of people had to wait several weeks to get an appointment.
Also, did they happen to ask for your current work permit and/or did they take them away?

soliloquy

Nov 3, 2016
I hear you. Got two questions - How long did it take for you to get an appointment at the CIC office (or was this at a POE)? I ask because I read that a lot of people had to wait several weeks to get an appointment.
Also, did they happen to ask for your current work permit and/or did they take them away?
My PPR email was actually a request for landing interview with a date on it as I am inland. Not everyone gets these, I think if your VO happens to be in the city you live then they will just ask you for an interview rather than have you send away your passports and Annex A. The benefit to this is that you do your landing on the spot, so my PR is fully activated now. I have a friend who also applied from Vancouver and he received the standard PPR telling him to send his passport stuff to Ottawa (presumably where his application was processed). He will have to do landing either at an office or at POE.

I have also heard that people receive emails saying "we will contact you soon regarding an interview time." I don't know how long it takes in those instances as my specific email already had the date listed. My email was sent on the 27th Feb and the appointment was listed for 21 March.

This all happened at the CIC office.

soliloquy

Nov 3, 2016
I didn't see your second question!

Yes they asked us to bring all current and previous work permits. She didn't throw them away, she voided them and handed them back to us. She said we would need them for citizenship applications. I was worried because we got a new visitor record for my son at the border a year ago and the officers did take the old one away, but she said that was common and wasn't a problem at all.

Reactions: RR9187

ikilledcupidxo

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I didn't see your second question!

Yes they asked us to bring all current and previous work permits. She didn't throw them away, she voided them and handed them back to us. She said we would need them for citizenship applications. I was worried because we got a new visitor record for my son at the border and the officers did take the old one away, but she said that was common and wasn't a problem at all.
Happened with me for all my previous permits like study and work too. When asked, they said they only ever need the last/latest one since a new one will always void the old one.

ikilledcupidxo

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My PPR email was actually a request for landing interview with a date on it as I am inland. Not everyone gets these, I think if your VO happens to be in the city you live then they will just ask you for an interview rather than have you send away your passports and Annex A. The benefit to this is that you do your landing on the spot, so my PR is fully activated now. I have a friend who also applied from Vancouver and he received the standard PPR telling him to send his passport stuff to Ottawa (presumably where his application was processed). He will have to do landing either at an office or at POE.

I have also heard that people receive emails saying "we will contact you soon regarding an interview time." I don't know how long it takes in those instances as my specific email already had the date listed. My email was sent on the 27th Feb and the appointment was listed for 21 March.

This all happened at the CIC office.
Very informative. Thank you for that! Congratulations, and I wish you and yours the very best! :)

Babukumar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hi all.Can I travel to USA? I am planning to stay with my spouse for 3 months. 50 days ahead to complete 180 days. Is it advisable to travel now? if i update the address will process get delayed?. Awaiting for your suggestions.

gaganvirk07

Feb 6, 2019
Guys
Hang in there
Have been following the September and October thread
Apart from the lucky folks whose ppr came in early, all the people stuck in IP1 are changing to IP2 in the last week of 4th month or first week of 5th Month
PPR’s are arriving in the next 2 weeks
So keep ur fingers crossed as all of us seem to be on the same path

Shweta1289

Dec 11, 2018
Guys
Hang in there
Apart from the lucky folks whose ppr came in early, all the people stuck in IP1 are changing to IP2 in the last week of 4th month or first week of 5th Month
Positive message:) fingers crossed!!

Reactions: Shahanastar

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
Guys
Hang in there
Thanks mate! Since we see a month on month increase in their normal SLA, let's keep a week or two delay as buffer for Nov AORs in mind , just not to get disappointed if IP2 comes late.