+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
i don't think the assumption of people with dependents are prioritized versus singe applicants. My AOR is Aug 20, 2018 and it's been 7 months approaching 8th month mark. It all depends from case to case and there is no such discrimination. The lack of work force to process application is what makes all the difference.

zi2010

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Are these PPR emails sent at the same time? or can we expect them anytime of the day? Also, is everyone getting Ghost updates prior to PPR email?

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
i don't think the assumption of people with dependents are prioritized versus singe applicants. My AOR is Aug 20, 2018 and it's been 7 months approaching 8th month mark. It all depends from case to case and there is no such discrimination. The lack of work force to process application is what makes all the difference.
8 months? Did you get any update on any issues with the profile? Normally applications don't cross 6 months without having any issues as far as I have seen in trackers.

OVIE

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-12-2018
IELTS Request
21-04-2018
NOC 1112 and my signature :
Stream - FSW-O ; Residence - USA ; Nationality - India ; Principal applicants + Dependents - 2 ; RPRF - Paid Upfront ; VO - Sydney ; CRS - 482 ; AOR - Nov 16 ; MEP - Dec 19 ; BG InProgress + Email - Jan 22 ; Feb 28's call - Eligibility met ; Mar 11's call (8am) - Eligibility met, Criminality passed, Security not started ; Ghost Update 1 - Mar 11 (10am) ; GhostUpdate 2 - Mar 11 (3.15pm) ; PPR - Mar 12 ;
Congratulations bro. I can’t help but wonder How you guys track ghost updates. Is that you are constantly logged into your account?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
From what I have seen, the majority of early PPRs are definitely for dependents. Ofcourse, there are always exceptions. And I don't think I talked anything about discrimination here. It is just the way it is. There is nothing good or bad about it. It's their country and they have the right to prioritize as to who they give PPRs first.

2017 was definitely the best, PPRs used to rain within 3-4 months irrespective of whether a person had dependents or not. Sadly, we will not get to see that again!!!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
And why is it past 7 months for you? Have you checked your GCMS notes?

imeandwhat

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Yes even I don't agree completely with this. One other person who has the exact timeline, visa office and profile like me but without any dependents got his PPR today.

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Definitely, they are prioritizing dependents. It's same even in August, September, October threads and now even here.

Probably, they feel dependents are more beneficial to their economy than single applicants and hence they're prioritized. Imagine, a father, mother and 2 children landing means both the mother and father will work and pay taxes and their their children will go to schools. They will probably look towards investing in housing as well.

Whereas, a single applicant is much more flexible.
Majority of immigrants land in Vancouver or Toronto. Buying a house in Toronto and Vancouver for a new immigrant is practically impossible. You need to have full time jobs (good salaries) and 10% down payment on minimum 500k house. Also public schools have free education. Sorry mate your theory here is wrong unfortunately.

Reactions: Mark888 and hgunawa

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I feel our applications must be in a different dimension of Ottawa VO because not sure how the same VO is sending PPRs to the rest but our applications have a hit a wall with no movement :D

My BG still says, "We are reviewing the additional document you provided" since Dec 4? Shouldn't this have changed by now?

Maybe our Ottawa VO is closer to the black hole, so 1 minute in that VO feels like 7 years on Earth :D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh well, we march on :cool:
When I applied for my parents immigration and they even after issuing visa the online status is still saying "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided."

I guess it will remain the same for you as well forever.

Last edited:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Yes, it's strange how they're going about this. Some applications complete silence while rest they're sending out PPRs.

Also, I don't think it has anything to do with travel history. I have noticed in October AOR single applicants with 0 travel history are still waiting while a family of 4 with a long travel history got their PPRs.

So guess, having dependents seems to be an advantage in this case
My brother has a dependent and no update as of yet.