Med's Done....
01/11/2018
Passport Req..
01-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
14-10-2019
Statuses can often change, from Not Started, to In Progress, to Passed, to Not Started, and Passed Again.
It happens when your file gets moved around from VO to VO. Nothing to be concerned about.
But it hasn't moved.my file was still in CPC Ottawa

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I think it is security that goes for long in certain cases. I know someone from Qatar had stayed in security in 2 years.

Isn't criminality PCC? It usually tends to be faster
Yes, PCC is indeed Criminality. But the scope of checks has been expanded with biometrics, sometimes to other visited countries.
My biometrics-based criminality check, according to my notes, was made with the UK, US, Germany, and Netherlands.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
But it hasn't moved.my file was still in CPC Ottawa
At some point, it could have went back to CIO Sydney, and back to CPC Ottawa again. Happens. Files are often moved around many times to optimize workload.
You wouldn't have been able to constantly know where the file was through the whole processing (Edit for precision: At the time of phone call).

Last edited:
Reactions: Inabt

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes, PCC is indeed Criminality. But the scope of checks has been expanded with biometrics, sometimes to other visited countries.
My biometrics-based criminality check, according to my notes, was made with the UK, US, Germany, and Netherlands.
I read in another thread that now criminality checks are becoming faster because of biometrics

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes, it used to be faster. Recently, it has become much slower for a lot of people and they are being transferred to shady offices like Calgary, Edmonton etc.

On immitracker there are 2 people waiting 3.5+ years.
In another thread I read, Biometrics has made criminality checks faster. So these slower cases might be the ones before biometrics were made mandatory

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
At some point, it could have went back to CIO Sydney, and back to CPC Ottawa again. Happens. Files are often moved around many times to optimize workload.
You wouldn't have been able to constantly know where the file was through the whole processing.
It will show up in the subsequent notes.

Reactions: Inabt

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I read in another thread that now criminality checks are becoming faster because of biometrics
In theory, yes, it should be faster. Logical.
But from what I can see in many cases around me, it seems biometrics are used to expand the background checks rather than shorten processing time.
For sure they help at some level, as they prevent same-name hits when sharing info with other autorities (Interol, Europol, FBI, etc...)

Reactions: SithLord

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
No not really.
If they need FBI PCC from you, they'll ask for it no matter what.
You misunderstood me. Those inside Canada who submitted FBI PCC are not asked biometrics because CIC can just get their fingerprints from FBI database. This is my theory. It could be false.

Last edited:

vimalvgovind

Jan 17, 2019
Hey Guys, I am 124 days from AOR stuck in IP1 stage. Any idea how fast NDVO guys respond if we contact them directly? Some thread show they don't reply at all..

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
You misunderstood me. Those inside Canada who submitted FBI PCC are not asked biometrics because they can just get their fingerprints from FBI database. This is my theory. It could be false.
I see.
But actually, AFAIK the only reason why applicants inside Canada don't give biometrics is because of a temporary exemption, until a new biometrics collection system is setup for them. I'm not sure if it's setup yet.

Some applicants i know in this forum (sorry don't recall the names) submitted FBI PCC, but still required to submit biometrics even though they were inside Canada. But because the system was not in place yet, they were required to leave Canada and give biometrics elsewhere. Of course most of them went to the US.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hey Guys, I am 124 days from AOR stuck in IP1 stage. Any idea how fast NDVO guys respond if we contact them directly? Some thread show they don't reply at all..
Don't bother. They don't reply unless you have to explain some changes with your application

letsgo_canada

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have a small query. One of the employers reached out to me with an opportunity in Canada. But he is asking me to share the profile number with him.

Is it advisable to do so from a security stand point?? If not ,what else can I share to prove that my Visa is under processing?

Note: I am yet to get my copr. Received AOR on 16th Nov.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a small query. One of the employers reached out to me with an opportunity in Canada. But he is asking me to share the profile number with him.

Is it advisable to do so from a security stand point?? If not ,what else can I share to prove that my Visa is under processing?

Note: I am yet to get my copr. Received AOR on 16th Nov.
Who is the employer :eek: How did you find him?