+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Jan 8, 2019
Legally speaking- you are not married. Even if you get the COPR before 7th December also, legally you are not married.
If you get your remedical done in another 4-5 working days, am sure you would get your PPR any end of October and passport stamping will happen in 5-6 working days.
So, by 1st or 2nd week of November 2019, you would have Visa stamped and COPR in hand.
At this point of time you are not married and legally you can enter Canada as single and apply for PR card. There is no need to tell anything to immigration agents at airport, as you are not married yet(if you land before 7th December).
Post your marriage, you can process a different application for your spouse.
I completely get what you're saying. I thought exactly like this at first, but there were a few things that don't support this idea. Like:
1. If I get the stamping by mid november, i will have less than 15 days to enter Canada and come back. So from india I will be spending 2-3 full days just for flying. And also over INR 1lac on the tickets.
2. I will have only 2-3 weeks for the wedding and I can't spend that on going to Canada cause I'm assuming this will be my first and last marriage and I want to enjoy a little :p
3. I am currently working and I'm fine with it if adding my spouse will take another 6 months extra.

Hence my only concern is that, since they have sent a remedical request, should I inform them about the scheduled wedding right now? Or should I inform only after the wedding? Of course I Understand that after the wedding I obviously have to inform them, but wanted the advise of you folks if it is okay to inform them now?

P.S. Thank you for answering

Jan 8, 2019
As @Kashveer mentioned, if you can land before your marriage then no issue.

If you are not planning to go anytime soon, then I don't think that there is any harm in informing them that you are scheduled to get married in December and want to add your partner to the application. Then IRCC will guide you in terms of how that is to be done. But be prepared to wait for a few months to get all this done.
Thank you. I raised a webform and informed them about the same. Now let's see what happens :)

Kashveer

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I completely get what you're saying. I thought exactly like this at first, but there were a few things that don't support this idea. Like:
1. If I get the stamping by mid november, i will have less than 15 days to enter Canada and come back. So from india I will be spending 2-3 full days just for flying. And also over INR 1lac on the tickets.
2. I will have only 2-3 weeks for the wedding and I can't spend that on going to Canada cause I'm assuming this will be my first and last marriage and I want to enjoy a little :p
3. I am currently working and I'm fine with it if adding my spouse will take another 6 months extra.

Hence my only concern is that, since they have sent a remedical request, should I inform them about the scheduled wedding right now? Or should I inform only after the wedding? Of course I Understand that after the wedding I obviously have to inform them, but wanted the advise of you folks if it is okay to inform them now?

P.S. Thank you for answering
I can understand your concerns and they are genuine.
I would suggest the following:
1) go ahead with your re medical now, your Visa validity would be 1 year from the date of medicals.
2) there is no point informing IRCC now, as you dont have any legal documents I.e marriage certificate
3) post your marriage inform IRCC and submit all the docs of your spouse.

Maziar

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
I finally got an update in my profile,which is kinda strange. My medicals will expire in 10 days but still I got this message
"Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)"
I was wondering if anyone else have received this message and what should I do? Raise a webform to tell them that i have already done it before ?

Asher7

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
My Medicals expired on the 9th of Oct and I still havent received any update or re-medical email. I don’t know what to make of it...

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
I finally got an update in my profile,which is kinda strange. My medicals will expire in 10 days but still I got this message
I was wondering if anyone else have received this message and what should I do? Raise a webform to tell them that i have already done it before ?
It is a request to do your medical again. Since your medical will expire in 10 days, they have asked you to take the exam again.

Reactions: Maziar
Jan 8, 2019
I can understand your concerns and they are genuine.
I would suggest the following:
1) go ahead with your re medical now, your Visa validity would be 1 year from the date of medicals.
2) there is no point informing IRCC now, as you dont have any legal documents I.e marriage certificate
3) post your marriage inform IRCC and submit all the docs of your spouse.
Yup you are right in point 2. But I already sent them a webform telling them about the scheduled date. It's fine if they delay the process due to this, I really don't care anymore. They have taken 10 months for an update, and it really affected me so much that I stopped caring. Now I don't care if they take another 10 months but just don't want to misrepresent any fact. I am going ahead with my re medical next week and we will see if they will put my application on hold after that. Anyway they have it on hold for 10 months so another 2 wouldn't make a difference :p

Maziar

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
It is a request to do your medical again. Since your medical will expire in 10 days, they have asked you to take the exam again.
Thanks but I have heard from others in this forum that they had raised a web form to inform them that they've done it, should I do it before taking the exam again ?

Jan 8, 2019
Open the pdf and you will have the details. You have to re-do your medicals and I'm guessing you will have 30 days time for it. But just confirm by reading the document

Reactions: Maziar

mpn0182

Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
18-10-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Hi Guys. Need your input/suggestion (Nov 30 AOR FSW-O)

Complete silence since Jan 9th when I passed medicals. Got a request for re-medicals today and they've given me 30 days time (moved to IP2 as well)
Now, I am getting married on the 8th of December and i was hoping the copr doesn't come until then since I will not be travelling before wedding and it will be invalid if i get it now and want to travel after wedding.
However, I wanted to know if i should inform IRCC about the marriage right away or wait until the actual date and inform them post 8th december irrespective of when the copr comes?
Hello..Please wait until you get COPR or your wedding, whichever happens first and then inform IRCC. Raising a webform to let them know about your marriage isn't going to have any impact in your current application. Hope it helps.

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Your consultant is right , you have to wait for the officer’s decision on your request first so don’t submit the passport for the time being , I suppose they will re issue a new PPR anyway & cancel this one. Good luck to you
No updates on my file , it has been 6 weeks since I submitted the request which was even before they made a move in my file but they haven’t added my child yet , so now I’m back to limbo again :(:(
Yep i gonna wait for that. I contacted with MP Ralph Goodale, and he told me " It might be impossible to add son as accompany once the final decision has made on file" but i am still optimistic and waiting for positive outcome.
As they already have all the data about my son.
It seems to me your case also delayed and still they are yet to send documents request for new born.
Ircc is not that organized as they pretend :mad:

Raj Brar 22

Jun 6, 2019
Its 14 months and counting for me. Spoke with an agent 2 days ago and was told my eligibility is now "review required". Has been recommended pass all the while. There was a note by the case analyst that he couldn't verify employer via web search as at August 2018. Didn't bother sending documents since it was recommended pass. Was advised in September 2019 to send documents proactively and I did. Agent confirmed VO opened them and still reviewing but no decision yet. I got a ghost update on Tuesday. Not sure what it will mean. Yesterday my MP sent an email saying my file has been transferred to the local office. Not sure what this means. My file has been in Edmonton since August 2018 after being transferred from Vancouver office.
Will local office be Vancouver again? I currently live in Vancouver.

Any thoughts please. Thank you.
Most Likely 4 a interview

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Its 14 months and counting for me. Spoke with an agent 2 days ago and was told my eligibility is now "review required". Has been recommended pass all the while. There was a note by the case analyst that he couldn't verify employer via web search as at August 2018. Didn't bother sending documents since it was recommended pass. Was advised in September 2019 to send documents proactively and I did. Agent confirmed VO opened them and still reviewing but no decision yet. I got a ghost update on Tuesday. Not sure what it will mean. Yesterday my MP sent an email saying my file has been transferred to the local office. Not sure what this means. My file has been in Edmonton since August 2018 after being transferred from Vancouver office.
Will local office be Vancouver again? I currently live in Vancouver.

Any thoughts please. Thank you.

Are you self employed?

My brother is self employed and his notes says "Could not verify employer". I am not sure why the notes would say this for a self employed person.
We have submitted all the required paperwork to proof his self employment but I am not sure what's going on. The eligibility states "Review Required"

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Are you self employed?

My brother is self employed and his notes says "Could not verify employer". I am not sure why the notes would say this for a self employed person.
We have submitted all the required paperwork to proof his self employment but I am not sure what's going on. The eligibility states "Review Required"
Am not self employed. Could not verify employer via web search was his note. When you do a direct google search of the company, it doesn't come up because the company name and domain name are different. Same company I used when I applied for my study permit. I have submitted the company registration documents and explained what happens when you search on google. I also sent a screen shot of the website with the link.