bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
@bc92 @ashokacca as well

Are you planning to send them a web form with the eMedical acknowledgement? As far as I know, it is not required and I don't want to send them any message now that may further delay my application.
What do you mean by 'send a webform with the eMedical acknowledgement'? What I'm gonna do is send a webform saying I can land before the expiration of my current exam, so if they're done with my application and they're only pending re-medical I can get going. Thing is they're probably not going to say yes, so I'm gonna make an appointment and buy the tickets to go get the re-medical anyway and if by a miracle they reply saying yeah dont worry about it, I'll run to get my passport stamped instead.

I'm scared they'll take months still after the re-medical results, as we have seen happen to lots of people already. So if there's any chance I can speed it up, and save lots of money on tickets and medical fee, I really want to at east try.

bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
I have got into a big trouble. Any information would be helpful and appreciated. I am in toronto as of now with all my documents seized at immigrations. It's because IRCC could update my status from single to married. I got married after I received my COPR and informed CIC through mail and even raised web form but haven't heard anything from them until today. According to my COPR I had to land before 7th Oct 2019. And I landed on 2nd Oct with my same old COPR. And at the Canada immigration office in Toronto airport, I informed the officer about change in my status. Now my passport has been cease and they have given me a date on which I will have to visit them again to check with new decision which they make on my application.
I had no clue that I couldn't travel with my old COPR and moreover my spouse had no plans to accompany me anytime soon. So I have decided to go about with my old COPR and now have no clue what's next.
Do you guys got anything further?
Wow, I didn't know this would be wrong either! If I were you, I'd seek legal advice from a professional in Toronto. I never heard of such situation before and I wouldn't know what to tell you about it... But hopefully things will turn out just fine!

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
What do you mean by 'send a webform with the eMedical acknowledgement'? What I'm gonna do is send a webform saying I can land before the expiration of my current exam, so if they're done with my application and they're only pending re-medical I can get going. Thing is they're probably not going to say yes, so I'm gonna make an appointment and buy the tickets to go get the re-medical anyway and if by a miracle they reply saying yeah dont worry about it, I'll run to get my passport stamped instead.

I'm scared they'll take months still after the re-medical results, as we have seen happen to lots of people already. So if there's any chance I can speed it up, and save lots of money on tickets and medical fee, I really want to at east try.
Yea, that makes sense for you. Medical in India is not that expensive so it's fine.

Even I had written to them a few days ago stating that I could land before the medical expiry. However, I don't think that message was forwarded to Ottawa because I got a standard reply from a CIC agent and not from Ottawa. But I hope that they entertain your request. It reduces their work as well.

Reactions: kzeed12 and bc92

bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Yea, that makes sense for you. Medical in India is not that expensive so it's fine.

Even I had written to them a few days ago stating that I could land before the medical expiry. However, I don't think that message was forwarded to Ottawa because I got a standard reply from a CIC agent and not from Ottawa. But I hope that they entertain your request. It reduces their work as well.
Yeah I wrote to them saying that too! Like a month ago. But never got a response haha (shock) :mad:
I was actually thinking about sending the request to the CPC Ottawa email address... might reach them faster. I dont have much time to send the passport/get it stamped and all though, so I'm scared they could say yes and then I dont make it because of the passport stamping. If you think you can complete the landing still, try emailing them too! I mean its not like it could harm us...

warpeduniverse

Apr 28, 2019
Yeah I wrote to them saying that too! Like a month ago. But never got a response haha (shock) :mad:
I was actually thinking about sending the request to the CPC Ottawa email address... might reach them faster. I dont have much time to send the passport/get it stamped and all though, so I'm scared they could say yes and then I dont make it because of the passport stamping. If you think you can complete the landing still, try emailing them too! I mean its not like it could harm us...
I completed my medical exam today. I don't have enough time now to land before the expiry. Even if I try, it will be dangerously close. I don't want to risk it now.

bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
I completed my medical exam today. I don't have enough time now to land before the expiry. Even if I try, it will be dangerously close. I don't want to risk it now.
Oh ok... when does it expire?

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hey! Sorry to hear this. You should not have traveled with the old CoPR. But what is done is done.

If you want, then I can connect you to an immigration law firm in Toronto. This guy is just an acquaintance so I don't know how much money he will charge. Let me know if you want the number.

Let's hope that this gets sorted out without further trouble.
Yeah please share his number, I will check if I can afford them.

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Wow, I didn't know this would be wrong either! If I were you, I'd seek legal advice from a professional in Toronto. I never heard of such situation before and I wouldn't know what to tell you about it... But hopefully things will turn out just fine!
It's super expensive.. Still let's see how it goes.. Max I will have to go back to India and reapply with additional documents

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
I had no idea that I can't travel with my COPR after I get married. I did seek info on this from my consultancy and they said it shouldn't be an issue as he is not accompanying me. All I need to do is inform them about your status change which I did.

Does anyone come across any such case? What would be the possible outcome?

there you go, these consultancy firms knows nothing or too little, they are focused on extorting money, nothing else.

in case of addition in the family, IRCC cancels old PPR and COPR, and application considered as fresh or atleast 50% fresh, since you are already processed and cleared, you husband is still require to go through all stages, medical, security, eligibility etc etc, plus there is burden of proof to the prove the marriage, legal issues.

I don't want to scare you, just try to understand the issue, If somebody asks, then tell them you did not know, and made the honest mistake, let them process your husband,

plus, its good thing you informed them, otherwise these things leads to misrepresentation, and other problems.

hope for best. IRCC is working super slow for some people, so don't expect them to complete it in few weeks, like they used to do it before, expect 4-5 or 7-8 months, who-knows,

good luck.

Reactions: ruchikathakur16

Kashveer

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Yes, even my BG changed to IP2. I just checked it. Yea, I guess that we are with the same officer. Status change to IP2 is a good sign.

I don't think that they would have asked us to do a remedical if they hadn't approved our file. Let's hope for the best!
How can we make our whi is the officer working on our file