+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

Max_Rimon

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I think background checks may already be over by now. They've been saying the same nonsense to me for months. The officer just hasn't picked up our cases.

My understanding is that there needs to be some kind of a big update for them to open our cares like medical expiry or addition of a spouse, dependent etc.
You are absolutely right, in my case medical expiry triggered the process.

Otherwise, I don't know how much longer I would have waited for the progress o_O

Max_Rimon

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Just received GCMS notes ordered mid July! :p
My case was marked "ready to finalize" by case analyst in May 2nd. That was the day I received a ghost update. Absolutely nothing happened after that until the notes were processed. My guess is that when I sent a change of address someone had to "open" the case and approved it because I got PPR approximately 2 weeks after that.
That's very sad and looks totally unprofessional!

Last edited:

dukenukem

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
New Delhi
So it’s been 314 days and I am still stuck in IP1, Ralph has not replied for a month and I am clueless as to what to do now ! Anyone else’s here who is still in IP 1 ?

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
I think background checks may already be over by now. They've been saying the same nonsense to me for months. The officer just hasn't picked up our cases.

My understanding is that there needs to be some kind of a big update for them to open our cares like medical expiry or addition of a spouse, dependent etc.
Backgrounds checks for me was over on 4th June, the day my husband got request for Re-medical. Post that the application was stuck for more than a month.
We received our PPR on July 23rd and I have been calling the whole of June and July and each day they would tell me Background is in process and there is RR.
The day our file got approved as we got got COPR (I submitted passport in India and my husband in Canada) all the dates were were visible on our application and there it showed BC was completed on 4th June!!
So basically, these agents are their statements are useless, they hardly check ur profile and give you an update on your status.

D

Deleted member 826724

I helped someone throughout their PNP nomination, they filed for their PR in April 2019 and got interview letter last week.

This is just pathetic now!! I do not even know anymore what to expect!! I'm seriously considering of taking Medicals like I did upfront. That's the only way I can see them opening my case. Honestly, I do not believe even medical expiry will trigger anything.
Ooo men! This is ridiculous indeed and it hurts even as we are happy for your friend. It means that their process has taken about 5 months. I am still hopeful