+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
So spoke to an agent today, I'm starting to think he could be drunk because it's Friday evening :eek:

He says passport request will be sent pending officer's final review :eek: I asked him if decision is made? He says no and officer's final review is required but that's what it says in the system :confused:

Apparently, he thinks whoever responded to my remainder on Monday must have marked it for final decision pending. Also, they are aware about my medicals but there is no indication of re-med.

I am super confused:confused: This is the first time in months I have heard something different :confused:

The agent also added many cases are now going past 9/10 months which is normal because they received a lot of applications. The case officers are working overtime to clear most of them before they head for winter break
:eek:
Sith - looks like some movement in your file as long as the info the agent shared remains correct..
I would say write to Mr.Goodale's office and call them once more on monday to confirm the same..
If the file is waiting for final decision - could be a good thing..
Good luck

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So spoke to an agent today, I'm starting to think he could be drunk because it's Friday evening :eek:

He says passport request will be sent pending officer's final review :eek: I asked him if decision is made? He says no and officer's final review is required but that's what it says in the system :confused:

Apparently, he thinks whoever responded to my remainder on Monday must have marked it for final decision pending. Also, they are aware about my medicals but there is no indication of re-med.

I am super confused:confused: This is the first time in months I have heard something different :confused:

The agent also added many cases are now going past 9/10 months which is normal because they received a lot of applications. The case officers are working overtime to clear most of them before they head for winter break
It's just August and they are thinking about winter break!!

I understand when they say they are overloaded. Yes, the applications have increased compared to past and it is entirely possible their budget and headcount hasn't. It is also possible they are doing overtime. Having said all that it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they do have a broken process which can be fixed with a little bit of focus and will help not only the applicants but the officers as well. They need to find out a way to prioritize cases which have been waiting for a final review for a long time and have no RR. It would also decrease the traffic of webforms, phone calls and GCMS notes and not to mention the anxiety and excruciating wait time for so many people.

Everything is online for them. I'm sure it is not entirely impossible to generate a report for such cases which are final stages of approval and have been way over the expected finish date.

Reactions: SithLord and bc92

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019

But if the agent is correct...... Then the coming week could be urs.....
Perhaps they are really working on the first week Nov applicants....
When I called on July 3rd , agent said, it would take one and a half month to make a decision.....
And when I called in 6 th August..... Agent said..... Have patience.... It can even take up-to an year....
Whom to trust??

Reactions: bc92

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
But if the agent is correct...... Then the coming week could be urs.....
Perhaps they are really working on the first week Nov applicants....
When I called on July 3rd , agent said, it would take one and a half month to make a decision.....
And when I called on 6 th August..... Agent said..... Have patience.... It can even take up-to an year....
Whom to trust??

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
I had one more question..... What is the date of expiry of medicals? Is it the date on which medicals were done or the date the medicals were passed?

Pak 7625

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-11-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Hey guys got my PR :)

AOR: 7th Nov 2018
MEP: 7th Dec 2018
Biometrics: 13 Dec 2018
Eligibility Recommended passed: January end
1st Ghost update: February 21 2019
2nd Ghost update: 7th August 2019
3rd Ghost update 7th August 2019
PPR: 9th August 2019

All thanks to Allah and my husband, Alhumdulilah

shege45

Nov 29, 2018

How do you notice a ghost update?

Supshefu

Feb 23, 2019
Guys i am out of patience.. everything seems falling apart.. somedays i think to take back my application and just get back to my normal life.. why couldn’t be we as lucky as ppl who got dr ppr’s in time and are already working on dr new life

Reactions: Prabha22

Classicdude

Jun 6, 2019
Guys i am out of patience.. everything seems falling apart.. somedays i think to take back my application and just get back to my normal life.. why couldn’t be we as lucky as ppl who got dr ppr’s in time and are already working on dr new life
What is the status of eligibility?

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017

congrats.

seems like first week of November is moving.

Prabha22

Aug 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22 oct 2018
Hey!! Don’t lose hope. We all are here, frustrated but waiting. So, hold on
What’s the status of application?
Did you try calling, mailing ralph or ordering gcms

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
Has anyone ever tried to retake the exam proactively?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Sith - looks like some movement in your file as long as the info the agent shared remains correct..
I would say write to Mr.Goodale's office and call them once more on monday to confirm the same..
If the file is waiting for final decision - could be a good thing..
Good luck
I already wrote to his office back in May. Not sure if his office will reply second time.

Will call IRCC next week and see whether it matches again.

I would really like to believe there is a movement but can't trust them.

Medicals expiry is basically the last hope now.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
It's just August and they are thinking about winter break!!

I understand when they say they are overloaded. Yes, the applications have increased compared to past and it is entirely possible their budget and headcount hasn't. It is also possible they are doing overtime. Having said all that it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they do have a broken process which can be fixed with a little bit of focus and will help not only the applicants but the officers as well. They need to find out a way to prioritize cases which have been waiting for a final review for a long time and have no RR. It would also decrease the traffic of webforms, phone calls and GCMS notes and not to mention the anxiety and excruciating wait time for so many people.

Everything is online for them. I'm sure it is not entirely impossible to generate a report for such cases which are final stages of approval and have been way over the expected finish date.
Yes, even I was shocked to hear they're already thinking about winter break in August lol. Shows their level of commitment and professionalism