+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018- 1 day successful- landing in Canada- Peace Bridge

chinky87

Oct 22, 2018
Hi All,

First of all thank you all of you for answering the questions on this forum. It really helped us.

We started driving around 3:30 in the morning from NJ and came back in NJ at 10:30 PM with Canada PR :) ( 1 day successful trip)

We started driving on Thursday around 3:30 AM from NJ and we reached at Peace bridge around 10:30 AM. It was not too many cars from Canada side and we got our number within 2 mins.

Window officer just asked our passport and gave us yellow paper and told us to park gate number 3 and go the immigration building to complete the landing process.

There were only few people in Canada immigranarion office and our number came within 30 mins. They asked COPR and passport only. They didn’t ask any documentation except the goods to follow lists . We made two copies with jewelry and car pictures.

Just FYI- we travelled with our anothet car (not renteted) which we didn’t plan to bring with us when we move to Canada. They didn’t ask any documentation for our car. I didn’t mention in my good to follow list either.

Within one hour, we completed our landing process and we got our PR. (Happy moment). After that we went to Service Canada office for SIN Number( No fees). It was only 8-10 mins far from the peace bridge. We got our SIN number in 10 mins and we done with that too by 12:45 PM.

Then we started driving back to US and we reached at border around 1:00 PM. It was little traffics on the US side but it was moving fast.
Around 1:30 PM, we reached at the window and we gave our passport and my husband I797 and we told them we want to Enter using AVR for my husband ( as he doesn’t have any stamping and he has an expired student visa)

US Officer asked why did you go to CA and where you’re going ?
- we answered to complete our PR landing process and we are going to NJ.

Office asked- you came this morning and you’re going back already?
- we said YES

Office asked my husband- is he working and which position?
- my husband gave answer according

Office asked to roll down the passnage window so I did.

After that he just scanned our passport and return all documentation and let us enter to US it was 5 mins conversation.

We stopped by at Niagrafalls for 30 mins and we started driving from NY to NJ and we reached at NJ around 10:30 PM.

Notes-
- Keep all documents next to you not in your car trunck.
- no need to bring any Canadian currency.
- my husband has valid I797 from employer A and employer A was acquired by employer B. Employer B i797 has not approved yet. He just has the employer B receipt with him. We just gave employer A i797 ( which has I94) to US officer. We didn’t give employer B i797 receipts as there no i94 in there. We entered in US without any issues.

Please let me know if you have any questions, if someone is planning for one day trip hope this experience help them.

Thanks and good luck!