+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**November 2017** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

rochedd

Mar 12, 2018
Hi all,

First time posting here, not sure how I should give my timeline so I'll just copy paste what's in the ECAS and GCkey.

Our Application was forwarded to Manila, Philippines on Feb. 16, 2017

Notes in ECAS:
  • We received your application for permanent residence on November 24, 2017.
  • We started processing your application on February 27, 2018.
  • We sent you correspondence on January 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • Medical results have been received. (this contradicts the one in GCkey which shows passed)

Notes in GCkey:
  • Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
  • Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
  • Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

1. Can anyone let me know what stage are we in?
  2. How long till we get the Passport Request? I'm just concerned since we have not received any update after Started processing file.
  3. My wife received an email about an Online virtual career fair. Is this mandatory?

Side question: My wife is a public school teacher and her colleague told her that she cannot quit right away, so she already informed the school Principal that she will quit in June because apparently they also cannot quit during summer vacation. Is this is the right decision since we are just hoping to get the PPR before June 2018? (someone told us that our application won't take too long)
hi. We have the same timeline. Also manila is my VO. now still waiting for ppr. do ur wife receive pre arrival service email? And when does she receive the career fair email? Thank u. Goodluck to us.

Reactions: Kev2x

rochedd

Mar 12, 2018
Hi all,

First time posting here, not sure how I should give my timeline so I'll just copy paste what's in the ECAS and GCkey.

Notes in ECAS:
  • We sent you correspondence on January 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • Medical results have been received. (this contradicts the one in GCkey which shows passed)

Notes in GCkey:
  • Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
  • Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
  • Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

2. How long till we get the Passport Request? I'm just concerned since we have not received any update after Started processing file.
  3. My wife received an email about an Online virtual career fair. Is this mandatory?

Side question: My wife is a public school teacher and her colleague told her that she cannot quit right away, so she already informed the school Principal that she will quit in June because apparently they also cannot quit during summer vacation. Is this is the right decision since we are just hoping to get the PPR before June 2018? (someone told us that our application won't take too long)
i think we are on the same batch when they transferred our app to manila. Same as mine feb 16 forwarded and feb 27 started processing in ecas.

erica14

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hi all,

Notes in ECAS:

Notes in GCkey:

MVO started to process our all jan 8,2018 and medical passed January 19 but still no update after that.

Kev2x

Apr 17, 2018
hi. We have the same timeline. Also manila is my VO. now still waiting for ppr. do ur wife receive pre arrival service email? And when does she receive the career fair email? Thank u. Goodluck to us.
Hi,
My wife got the email on March 19, 2018

It reads
The Immigration Section of the Embassy is proud to participate in this virtual career online fair funded by the Government of Canada. The fair is open to applicants currently in the Express Entry Pool or those who currently have an application in process to migrate to Canada through one of our Permanent Resident Programs. This is your chance to connect with hiring employers in Canada. For more information please visit https://www.in-tac-expo.com/

Im not sure if this is considered the pre-arrival because it does not look like mandatory to do and it might not work for some profession.

Thank you

rochedd

Mar 12, 2018
Hi,
My wife got the email on March 19, 2018

It reads
The Immigration Section of the Embassy is proud to participate in this virtual career online fair funded by the Government of Canada. The fair is open to applicants currently in the Express Entry Pool or those who currently have an application in process to migrate to Canada through one of our Permanent Resident Programs. This is your chance to connect with hiring employers in Canada. For more information please visit https://www.in-tac-expo.com/

Im not sure if this is considered the pre-arrival because it does not look like mandatory to do and it might not work for some profession.

Thank you
ok. I think thats not pre arrival yet. But both are not mandatory. but i feel ppr coming soon. Hopefully..

Kev2x

Apr 17, 2018
Thank
ok. I think thats not pre arrival yet. But both are not mandatory. but i feel ppr coming soon. Hopefully..
I hope so too.
Goodluck to us.

Also if someone can give us an estimate for PPR request date or even when they will start the background check that would be great.

Thank you all.

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Hi everyone !
Me and my two children are being sponsored by my husband who is a PR in Canada.
Our application had been received on November 2, 2017. We were asked for Schedule A and Medical in February, 2018. We had immediately sent the Schedule A form and had the medical. We have passed the medical as it's updated on my CIC account. However, there's no update regarding Schedule A. And we haven't been asked for Police Certificate yet. My account says that an additional document is required which I believe is Police Certificate. They have mentioned that they would send an email or a letter with detail. That's what I've been seeing but haven't received any letters or emails yet.
Can anyone tell me if this is normal or something isn't right?
Thank u and good luck to all of u!

Reactions: Jeah

Jeah

Feb 24, 2018
Hi everyone !
Me and my two children are being sponsored by my husband who is a PR in Canada.
Our application had been received on November 2, 2017. We were asked for Schedule A and Medical in February, 2018. We had immediately sent the Schedule A form and had the medical. We have passed the medical as it's updated on my CIC account. However, there's no update regarding Schedule A. And we haven't been asked for Police Certificate yet. My account says that an additional document is required which I believe is Police Certificate. They have mentioned that they would send an email or a letter with detail. That's what I've been seeing but haven't received any letters or emails yet.
Can anyone tell me if this is normal or something isn't right?
Thank u and good luck to all of u!
Same as mine!

Reactions: Kanchan

erik76

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
App. Filed.......
04-11-2017
AOR Received.
23-01-2018
IELTS Request
No, sent it with the application
File Transfer...
06-02-2018
Med's Request
29-01-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
never received
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2018
Anyone in November applicant have already landed to Canada?
Not landed yet, but already got my COPR. Landing will be in October.

Reactions: Zeb786 and Kanchan

Jeah

Feb 24, 2018
Hi to all,

Are there anyone from early November applicants that didn’t receive Schedule A request ever?

Application sent on 21st of November
AOR was 17th of January
Medical exam passed on 22nd of February

Thank you in advance!
hi. did you already got ur Schedule A request?

Jeah

Feb 24, 2018
Below is my time line so far....
Application Received: 11/28/2017
Request to Link: 03/30/2018
AOR1 : 04/01/2018
Application Linked: 04/03/2018
Medical Requested: 04/04/2018
Sponshorship Approval: 04/07/2018
Medical exam : 04/10/2018
Medical passed: 04/20/2018
Schedule A and PCC not yet requested but is mentioned in SA letter that will be sending the request in 5 business days but nothing received till now

anyone here can tell me if i am nearing the end? were not supposed to enroll our child in kindergarten this school year thinking we will be flying to CA few months from now. (for us to save money for the enrollment and tuition fees)
who could tell me if this will take so long so we could make the right decision about our childs schooling. Thanks everyone.