**November 2017** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

gnomer

Nov 17, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Have you received the Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services letter through email or GCK?
We received the invite through GCK. We received an email to check a new message in our online account with our linked application.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Schedule A has not yet requested but is mentioned in SA letter on 5th of February that the request will be sent in 5 business days, but nothing received so far.
Give them a call and explain your situation. It’s possible that they sent a request but you didn’t receive it due to some technical glitch and they are waiting for it. You can also submit your schedule A through webform with a note explaining that you have not received a request however it stated in the SA letter that they required it. As far as I know they will not forward the app to the appropriate VO until Schedule A received.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
HI All,
So my common law partner who I am sponsoring and myself just received the Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services letter. Does this mean we were successful with our application because our online account does not show decision made yet.
It means the eligibility passed and they believe in your relationship.

gnomer

Nov 17, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It means the eligibility passed and they believe in your relationship.
Thanks so much for this. Today we recieved our passport request and since my partner is Irish and Ireland is a visa exempt country this will be a very easy for us as we will not have to send his passport to immigrations.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Thanks so much for this. Today we recieved our passport request and since my partner is Irish and Ireland is a visa exempt country this will be a very easy for us as we will not have to send his passport to immigrations.
That’s awesome, congratulations!

gnomer

Nov 17, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Question for you all. In the Request for Passport and Appendix A they ask for 2 pictures of the applicant. We sent these in our initial application because we paid for the whole thing up front. Does this mean they are asking for a second set of pictures? Or is it safe to not send any more than the ones we submitted with our initial application?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Question for you all. In the Request for Passport and Appendix A they ask for 2 pictures of the applicant. We sent these in our initial application because we paid for the whole thing up front. Does this mean they are asking for a second set of pictures? Or is it safe to not send any more than the ones we submitted with our initial application?
If the letter specifically asks you to send photos, they're asking for a second set of photos. It could be that the ones initially sent are too old (can't be older than 6 months I believe), weren't forwarded to the visa office, or aren't acceptable.

Sometimes the PPR letter says you don't have to send photos in certain circumstances, but if these don't apply to you, or if the letter is specifically asking you for photos then I'd say it's best to just send new ones. It's also completely separate from payment, I believe.

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
did you include your right of permanent fee on your first payment?
Hi Jeah,
Today, I received a message asking me to submit my police certificate and birth registration/certificate. As they were ready I immediately did them. How about yours? Any progress?

Lela70

Apr 14, 2018
Give them a call and explain your situation. It’s possible that they sent a request but you didn’t receive it due to some technical glitch and they are waiting for it. You can also submit your schedule A through webform with a note explaining that you have not received a request however it stated in the SA letter that they required it. As far as I know they will not forward the app to the appropriate VO until Schedule A received.
Hi Ukrainian girl,
Does ECAS In Process mean something good? I didn’t check ECAS from the beginning, just few weeks ago so don’ t know what was previous stated.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi Ukrainian girl,
Does ECAS In Process mean something good? I didn’t check ECAS from the beginning, just few weeks ago so don’ t know what was previous stated.
If ECAS for principal applicant says “in process” and you got the line “We started processing your application on...” it usually means that the local VO received your application and opened it. If ECAS for sponsor says “in process” it means that they haven’t made a decision about the sponsor yet.

Lela70

Apr 14, 2018
If ECAS for principal applicant says “in process” and you got the line “We started processing your application on...” it usually means that the local VO received your application and opened it. If ECAS for sponsor says “in process” it means that they haven’t made a decision about the sponsor yet.
Just for PA it is stated ECAS “in process” , there is not yet the line “We started processing your application on...”

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Just for PA it is stated ECAS “in process” , there is not yet the line “We started processing your application on...”
I also had that status “in process” without an additional line that they started processing for about 10 days, then that line “We started processing your application on...” appeared. During that time my husband called to CIC and the agent told him that my application was in transit to local VO. So maybe your application is in transit to right now.

Lela70

Apr 14, 2018
I also had that status “in process” without an additional line that they started processing for about 10 days, then that line “We started processing your application on...” appeared. During that time my husband called to CIC and the agent told him that my application was in transit to local VO. So maybe your application is in transit to right now.
Thanks a lot!!!

Kev2x

Apr 17, 2018
ok. I think thats not pre arrival yet. But both are not mandatory. but i feel ppr coming soon. Hopefully..
UPDATE: My wife just received her Pre-Arrival invitation today.

How long till the PPR at this point?

EDIT: We did not received any email about background check being started. Are there any cases of them not doing background check?

Last edited:
Reactions: rochedd

rochedd

Mar 12, 2018
UPDATE: My wife just received her Pre-Arrival invitation today.

How long till the PPR at this point?

EDIT: We did not received any email about background check being started. Are there any cases of them not doing background check?
i hope we also received pre arrival . We have same timeline.

Reactions: Kev2x