+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hi everyone, I am a November 2017 applicant (an Iranian), today at February 8th. at 9am was supposed to be my oath ceremony,but yesterday at 3:30 pm someone from IRCC office called me that your ceremony was cancelled.When I asked her the reason "she said you criminality letter not yet received".It is shame! Whenever I called the IRCC agent during the last 6 months they told me that everything is OK,but waiting for prohibition and residency checks.What is happening in IRCC after I finished my test and completed DECISION MADE and ceremony invitation, just 1/2 a day remaining for the oath,they are still waiting for my CRIMINALITY situation. Any comment!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 27, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 21, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
French2014,
Did you request ATIP before? If so, on the second page it says the status of your Criminality check.

French 2014

Oct 20, 2017
French2014,
Did you request ATIP before? If so, on the second page it says the status of your Criminality check.
No,I asked IRCC office on Feb.8th and I raised my objection , they said the subject will be followed by them and I was also told that my file is fine and nothing is pending.

olivec

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 th April 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
14th May 2013
Med's Done....
15th March 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03rd June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 14th Feb, DM 16th Feb..ppts received 19 feb
LANDED..........
march 15

osis

Jun 29, 2012
Hi everyone, I am a November 2017 applicant (an Iranian), today at February 8th. at 9am was supposed to be my oath ceremony,but yesterday at 3:30 pm someone from IRCC office called me that your ceremony was cancelled.When I asked her the reason "she said you criminality letter not yet received".It is shame! Whenever I called the IRCC agent during the last 6 months they told me that everything is OK,but waiting for prohibition and residency checks.What is happening in IRCC after I finished my test and completed DECISION MADE and ceremony invitation, just 1/2 a day remaining for the oath,they are still waiting for my CRIMINALITY situation. Any comment!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 27, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 21, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Are you serious? I am entering the 17th month of waiting in 5 days but what you have experienced is a whole new level of ridiculous service by IRCC...

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Hi,

I finally have a test date for February 13. live downtown Toronto, have to write the test in Mississauga.

date received February 5.

Please update spreadsheet

Last edited:
Reactions: amira041

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Application was received Nov 30, 2017, still NO NEWS about my test or anything at all. I'm starting to wonder if they've lost my documents. No one answers my questions. I feel like I'm the only one from Nov 2017 who hasn't even been invited to the test.
which office did your application went to? i now received my test date. two weeks before the actual date.

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Thanks for congrats. It was background check that hold back my application. (Test was 10May2018 and Background check was completed 21Jan2019).
I called IRCC on monthly basis and requested CSIS and IRCC ATIP. I can't make a case if it had push my application forward but it worth the try to request ATIP. May be it moves thing around and someone bothers to look at your file.

Cheers,
does requesting atip/gscm notes cause delay in application process?

amira041

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1mars2013
Med's Done....
10january2013
Interview........
14november2013
Passport Req..
02january2014
VISA ISSUED...
8/01/2014
LANDED..........
10february2014
Hi,

I finally have a test date for February 13. live downtown Toronto, have to write the test in Mississauga.

date received February 5.

Please update spreadsheet
Hi can I know your timeline.and what you do during your process (request atIP, Call ircc.Webform? )thanks

David2019

Feb 17, 2019
Hi friends
After 15 month of submitng of citizenship application (Nov2017) and passing the test,I got Notice to appear for phisically presence! Also I frequently had many business trip to overseas before, is anybody have this experiences? What is NTA for this time? They ask me to have a interview with citizenship officer and also ask me bring all documents! Let me know What happens in this interview? What is the purpose of this interview? Also after this interview how long take it for Oath level and final it?!
Please advice me if you a
Thank a lot for time

Reactions: MonzB