+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Brother Background checks are different. They take time. My case is fully completed and there is nothing pending. My question was if a message sent by CIC Call agent has an effect on the processing.
If your application is complete and all background checks were done, CIC sending notice to local office works fine. You can also send an inquiry to your local office using the email address they sent you test invite. They would elaborate clearly what is going on about your application.

Cheers,

Phantom Warrior

Nov 14, 2017
If your application is complete and all background checks were done, CIC sending notice to local office works fine. You can also send an inquiry to your local office using the email address they sent you test invite. They would elaborate clearly what is going on about your application.

Cheers,
I submitted my application in late December 2017. I haven't receive a test invite yet. Can I email my local office? Is it permissible or just allowed after full 12 months have passed? I can get their email because all my family have did their test and oath. Thank you.

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
I submitted my application in late December 2017. I haven't receive a test invite yet. Can I email my local office? Is it permissible or just allowed after full 12 months have passed? I can get their email because all my family have did their test and oath. Thank you.
If I were in your shoes, I would have sent an email to the local office. They would respond to your email with some sort of explanation and you would know what has held back your application process.

Cheers,

Reactions: Phantom Warrior

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Brother Background checks are different. They take time. My case is fully completed and there is nothing pending. My question was if a message sent by CIC Call agent has an effect on the processing.
hey man I hope its different for you but I think it's not, since you're in IP, I did my test beginning of March and still IP and bg check is what's pending, they are few of us

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Does anyone have the e-mail address for Mississauga processing office? I've been extremely patient but my application has now gone over 13 month mark and still haven't received test invite; and it's been in processing since Feb. Last time I called CIC, I was told that only background checks are left and you'd receive an invite sooner rather than later; however, that was 2 month ago.

IceMaple

Mar 13, 2018
Admins please update:

Test and Interview done - Nov 23, 2018
Oath done - Dec 10, 2018

Many thanks to everyone on this thread for their relentless support and advice which worked wonders during the waiting months

Abe2184

Nov 18, 2017
finally got our oath invitation, please update in Nov 2017 spread sheet
Decision made : 14-Nov-2018
Oath Invitation received Date : 11-Dec-2018
Oath date : 10-Jan-2019
Thanks,

Chintu1988

May 6, 2014
Become Citizen on December 5/2018, applied for the passport on 10th December, 2018.
Congratulation to those who are already Citizen and Good luck to the upcoming Citizens !!

Reactions: MrWalido

Subu75

Apr 30, 2013
BC, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
8-April-2014
LANDED..........
1-May-2014
Can anyone tell me what is the current timeline to get passport after you apply?Thanks
10 business days if you apply at a passport office. 20 if you apply at service Canada or by post.

MrWalido

Nov 19, 2017
Toronto
Hi Admins, I received my oath ceremony letter today. Can you please update?
DM: Nov 20th 2018
Oath Letter: Dec 12th 2018
Oath Ceremony: Jan 03 2019

Samlia

Aug 29, 2014

Cheers,
Hey I sent an inquiry to my local office after few weeks the CIC agent sent them a message. Looks like there is no response from CIC Local office yet. The next course of action would be involving MP or Send online Inquiry Form. Do you guys think it is beneficial bombarding them with these status update queries or wait for few more days?