+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my oath invite today- oath cermony on 20th at Mississauga. Could the spreadsheet pls be update with this info?

I am a Mississauga applicant with the following timelines-
1. App received on Nov 10th 2017
2. Test Date August 30th 2018 at scarborough
3. DM on August 31st 2018
4. Oath letter date Date Dec 6th 2018
5. Oath Date Dec 20th 2018 at Mississauga.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application November 23rd 2017, had my test in scarborough on September 12th. Have decision made but still waiting for an oath invite? I think i am the only one left from November 2017.
Did you call them and inform that you are application is past the 12 month timeline?

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have called them twice after that and I have also sent a webform. I have literaly no idea what can i do now.
Did the call centre rep agree to send a message to the office advising that your application is past the 12 months deadline? Also- did you send the webform after your 12 month deadline or before?

At this point you can only be patient and hope it happens sooner than later. Maybe apply for GCMS just to ensure everything is ok?

In my case- I had applied for my GCMS on Nov 11th 2018, and i got my oath invite before I am scheduled to receive the GCMS notes (Dec 10th 2018). Good luck on getting your oath invite really soon.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Did the call centre rep agree to send a message to the office advising that your application is past the 12 months deadline? Also- did you send the webform after your 12 month deadline or before?

At this point you can only be patient and hope it happens sooner than later. Maybe apply for GCMS just to ensure everything is ok?

In my case- I had applied for my GCMS on Nov 11th 2018, and i got my oath invite before I am scheduled to receive the GCMS notes (Dec 10th 2018). Good luck on getting your oath invite really soon.
I already have a decision made, and the agent told me that my file say its ready for cermony .I havent heard anything about oath yet.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already have a decision made, and the agent told me that my file say its ready for cermony .I havent heard anything about oath yet.
I understand that you have DM, but did you insist that the call centre rep communicate to the officer that your file is past the 12 month deadline- there is no concrete evidence, but at least in my case and in a few others- oath invite has been issued within a month of the message being transmitted from the call centre rep to the office. (I reiterate, its only anecdotal, no concrete evidence)

aabid101

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2009
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 - 04-10-2012 PPR2 - 02-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2012
Admin Please update:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on October 17, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 5, 2018 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on November 13, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 5, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  7. You became a Canadian citizen on December 5, 2018.

Rotaneelbuj

Nov 30, 2018
Admin Please update:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on October 17, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 5, 2018 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on November 13, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 5, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  7. You became a Canadian citizen on December 5, 2018.
congratulations

Samlia

Aug 29, 2014
Hi Guys, 12 months have been passed and my application is still in process after test and interview (May 2018). I called agent last week( after passing 12 months) and he mentioned things are looking good in your application and they will send a message to my local office. Did anyone has the same experience? After how long we hear from local office after CIC agent sends a message/reminder? Please comment

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hi Guys, 12 months have been passed and my application is still in process after test and interview (May 2018). I called agent last week( after passing 12 months) and he mentioned things are looking good in your application and they will send a message to my local office. Did anyone has the same experience? After how long we hear from local office after CIC agent sends a message/reminder? Please comment
It is not only you. I find it they reflect the questions.
My application is received in November 2017 and still in process (background check by external partner still pending). I called the CIC and told the agent I have communicated with the local office and I specifically asked the agent how much longer I have to wait and she said she didn't know.

Olosbaba

Nov 7, 2018
I sent my application November 23rd 2017, had my test in scarborough on September 12th. Have decision made but still waiting for an oath invite? I think i am the only one left from November 2017.
When you sent your app doesn't matter but when your app was received. You start calculating from when your app was received. Call them when its 12months already, they will speed up your app and get you oath date

Olosbaba

Nov 7, 2018
Most cases I think they schedule you with the next available date when agent message your local office. It's always helpful and fast.

Samlia

Aug 29, 2014
It is not only you. I find it they reflect the questions.
My application is received in November 2017 and still in process (background check by external partner still pending). I called the CIC and told the agent I have communicated with the local office and I specifically asked the agent how much longer I have to wait and she said she didn't know.
Brother Background checks are different. They take time. My case is fully completed and there is nothing pending. My question was if a message sent by CIC Call agent has an effect on the processing.

Olosbaba

Nov 7, 2018
Brother Background checks are different. They take time. My case is fully completed and there is nothing pending. My question was if a message sent by CIC Call agent has an effect on the processing.
I think it has an effect because people usually get oath invite almost immediately after agent send message to CIC, that is if your application is completed and you are over 12months already.

Subu75

Apr 30, 2013
BC, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
8-April-2014
LANDED..........
1-May-2014
Just received our passports. Applied on Nov 22 at surrrey passport office.