+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Wooot woot!!

Received the email yesterday for my parent's oath taking.

We sent you a notice on October 2, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 30, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
My Complete Timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on July 27, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 29, 2018 at 8:34 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 17, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 4, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on October 4, 2018.
I hope my journey is finally over! Thank you all for your wonderful advises and looking forward to help with any questions!! I will be an active member!!

Reactions: SPMH and YumiMedina

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Wooot woot!!

Received the email yesterday for my parent's oath taking.

We sent you a notice on October 2, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 30, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
where is ur Oath Centre?

Reactions: YumiMedina

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hey guys I just passed the test and wanted to update here so you guys update the spreadsheet. I got 18 out of 20 and the officer said that my application was good. Still waiting on the official email about OATH date, however, ecas says decision made/

By the way, I lost my PR card and now I'm freaking out - I still have my COPR however. I literally turned my entire house upside down and back downside up and then upside down again and can't find the dam thing!! Will my oath be delayed now?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 10, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 3, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 14, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 15, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 26, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 3, 2018 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Kitchener applicant
Hi admin please update on tracker... Thank you

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
My Complete Timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on July 27, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 29, 2018 at 8:34 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 17, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 4, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on October 4, 2018.
I hope my journey is finally over! Thank you all for your wonderful advises and looking forward to help with any questions!! I will be an active member!!
Congratulations dude! Happy thanksgiving.

Joe2013

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Updated. Congrats!!
The test went well 20/20.
Quick documents verifications, and I signed I believe a paper that I have no charges or ever convicted by immigration.

Please update.

When I should receive the invitation for the Oath?
And is there anything else I should know?

Joe2013

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
They updated the "my application" on line, I guess the 4th of october with Decision Made.

Update Spreadsheet please.

Did anyone tested in Scarborough on Oct 3rd received Oath letter?

Chintu1988

May 6, 2014
Hi

Finished my test on SEP 24th 2018 in Scarborough got 19/20, still waiting on DECISION MADE on my application, I've seen people get DM in 1 or 2 days in this forum, not sure why is it taking so long, I am novermber application, application received date was NOV 28/2018. Should I be calling them to follow up ?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi

Finished my test on SEP 24th 2018 in Scarborough got 19/20, still waiting on DECISION MADE on my application, I've seen people get DM in 1 or 2 days in this forum, not sure why is it taking so long, I am novermber application, application received date was NOV 28/2018. Should I be calling them to follow up ?
There is probably no use, when you call them you are taking to the agents in Montreal, but the arrangement for oath is made in local office