+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Finn_75

Sep 19, 2017
We had the test today in Calgary, bit nervous as it had snowed over 30cm overnight, but we made it on time. They were nice and waited extra 15 mins as a lot of people were late. Both passed the test, interview was just validating the passport stamps with travel records we had disclosed earlier.

For the test, please read the book one or two times and you should be good.

Dimahq

Nov 22, 2012
Hello Guys,

I got citizenship test invite. I have a query , I saw someone mentioned the officer checked each and every stamp in the passport. I have my passport since 2010 and there are stamps in it before we came to Canada. Some of the stamps are in Danish and Flemish language. Also one of the trips i had mentioned in the absence does not have stamp as we reused the I-94 from previous trip as it is valid for 6 months. I wanted to know should i translate the stamps and get it notarized and should I worry about the stamp not there for the trip which we took using previous trip i-94 validity.

Thanks!

Regards
Ramprasad
Yes, We translated all the stamped in the passports that were used during eligibility period. Even stamps dates before, unless the date is written in English letter format (ours was in Arabic format, so the officer won't be able to recognize if the year is before or within eligibility)

Last edited:

Kinnu1982

Oct 14, 2017
I had to submit the same thing, they asked my exit entry report from us border agency . But since US border agency takes so long to process (they said 3 to 6 months) I sumbotted my i94 and it went ok and finally I received my oath letter today.
But just to be on a safe side I also submitted my request to us border agency and it took around 3 to 4 months to process it. So not that long comparing to 12 months waiting for Canada processing !!!
Hi,
You said you submitted your I94, is it the travel history or the I94 small card itself which is stapled in the passport

trickycat

Feb 18, 2015
Hello Admins, please update
Received Oath ceremony invite...
Oath ceremony date: Oct 26th (Mississauga location)
Invite received date : Oct 1st
Decision Made: Aug 31st

MostafaMantis

Jan 17, 2018
Hi all,
I have a serious problem.
Is it ok to attend the citizenship test next week without my passport?
My passport is in the UK embassy and I have been asking them to bring back my passport before the interview date.
Thanks.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Hi all,
My passport is in the UK embassy and I have been asking them to bring back my passport before the interview date.
Thanks.
It is important to bring it, yes that is why it is in the required documents.

It is your passport, simply tell them you need it

Reactions: MostafaMantis

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hi all,
Thanks.
Well, a lot of people who passed the test were invited to show the passport during the interview (made on the same day of the test).
You can explain that it is far away at the embassy and show the letter with their confirmation or a track number if you sent it by mail to prove what you are saying.

Reactions: MostafaMantis

MostafaMantis

Jan 17, 2018
Well, a lot of people who passed the test were invited to show the passport during the interview (made on the same day of the test).
You can explain that it is far away at the embassy and show the letter with their confirmation or a track number if you sent it by mail to prove what you are saying.
Thanks a lot. I will definitely do that.

Joynnss

Jun 28, 2018
Hello,

Please update the spreadsheet. My family took oath celebration on Sep 25, I applied emergency passport for myself on Sep 27, I got my 10yr passport on Sep 28. In the same day, I applied normally passport for my son, the passport officer told me they would send to my mailbox about Oct 12.
Thank you all so much! Good luck!

John P.

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Please update sheet:

Date of citizenship ceremony invite: 2018-10-03

Citizenship ceremony date: 2018-10-16

Thanks!

Ventorro

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi guys my ecas got updated to decision made, but I haven’t got Oath invite