waived
Passport Req..
03rd June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 14th Feb, DM 16th Feb..ppts received 19 feb
LANDED..........
march 15
guys need some information

they started processing my application on January 25 , 2018 . I am expecting to receive test invitation letter soon .

my question is

Do they post the letter or send through an email . In both cases do they update ecas status.

Regards
Hi I got the letter by email and the ecas is updated.

olivec

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 th April 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
14th May 2013
Med's Done....
15th March 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03rd June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
march 15
Question -

My application was for me and my son, I have a test invite but nothing yet for my son he is 16 yrs . Does he have to appear for a interview? or do I carry his documents. Does he need to come with me?

Reactions: qorax

akitanatural

Mar 2, 2016
Oakville
Category........
Visa Office......
Hamilton
Hello All Members,
We started that journey 2010 as a Entrepreneur (Catagory EN2).
Our journey is over. We are now Canadian.
We are very happy. Thank you for your all support. Best wishes good luck to all.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 19, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 28, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 5, 2018 at 8:52 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 1, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 11, 2018 at 1:10 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on September 11, 2018.

Saadi Hussein

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018

they started processing my application on January 25 , 2018 . I am expecting to receive test invitation letter soon .

my question is

Do they post the letter or send through an email . In both cases do they update ecas status.

Regards
By email

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Even few pple they transfer their files to Scarborough from Mississauga they have called them for test, what’s Mississauga problem 10 months that have submitted nothing yet...this is crazy, I think we need to write petition to the federal government about this it’s so frustrating

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi Every One

Yesterday I took Oath and became Canadian citizen
It was a Long journey started from PR process and now ended . :)
This group was very helpful during my PR and Citizenship journey

I wish you all good Luck and remember Best is on your way ......
keep faith and all will be fine

I will keep log in to this group (not that frequent) , in case I can help any of you from my experience ,
Good Luck

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015

my question is

Regards
If you gave Email id with you application , chances are you will get Email invitation,

Good Luck

flordz

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mind me asking how they notify you for the invitation of oath?
Email ? Mail ? Or you check ur status on their web site ?
I received it by email first and then when I checked on my ecas today. There's additional line for the oath ceremony invitation as well.

ChadC

Aug 31, 2018
Hello everyone, I checked ECAS and got my Oath invite:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 23, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 25, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 15, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 27, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
* Application type: Single
* Test done at Scarborough
* Total Physical Presence: 1566 days
* Oath will be at Mississauga

PS: I have not received the letter for some reason, I called IRCC and they mentioned it was emailed to me on September 6, yet I have nothing in my inbox/junk folder. But the lady from IRCC mentioned I do not need it and I can go as I am listed, I should bring some pieces of ID, passports, PR Card and Landing document.

I am extremely happy, my Journey started in 2006 as a international student. Then Work Permit. Then PR and soon, even though by now I am 100% Canadian at heart, I will be able to finally and officially say that I am Canadian!

Thank you all for this blog, it helps a lot!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Question -

My application was for me and my son, I have a test invite but nothing yet for my son he is 16 yrs . Does he have to appear for a interview? or do I carry his documents. Does he need to come with me?
I recently went thru the same process. Minors (under 18) are not required to appear for the test or interview. The kids do not need to come with you also. I carried all their docs tho (PR cards, COPRs, Passports, School Docs, all the jing-bang, just in case) ~ but they were not asked by the IO.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016

my question is

Regards
My test invitation came initially by a phone call from IRCC, and then appeared on eCAS a few days later, along with an official email invitation.

olivec

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 th April 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
14th May 2013
Med's Done....
15th March 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03rd June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
march 15
I recently went thru the same process. Minors (under 18) are not required to appear for the test or interview. The kids do not need to come with you also. I carried all their docs tho (PR cards, COPRs, Passports, School Docs, all the jing-bang, just in case) ~ but they were not asked by the IO.
Thanks! will do too... Any chance we can change the location of the test center I live in Mississauga and I got Scarborough center at 8.20 am. :(

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thanks! will do too... Any chance we can change the location of the test center I live in Mississauga and I got Scarborough center at 8.20 am. :(
You can* but caution, this could delay your case drastically.

*By using the webform or calling the IRCC helpline. It is mentioned in the letter.

olivec

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 th April 2013
Doc's Request.
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
14th May 2013
Med's Done....
15th March 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03rd June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
march 15
Ya no point in delaying it. Thanks so much!

You can* but caution, this could delay your case drastically.

*By using the webform or calling the IRCC helpline. It is mentioned in the letter.