+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Jul 23, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey all. I hope this info is useful for anyone about to write the test - wrote my test yesterday in Mississauga.

Very comfortable and relaxed setting. The people working at Service Canada were funny, relaxed and very respectful. Everything was organized and the test was straight forward IF you had studied for it. The questions were very similar to test questions that you can get access to online. If you do 10 tests of 20 questions each you should be okay. They provide you with a pencil and scantron sheet (the sheet with the dots you fill).

The test was scheduled for 3:45pm, we started around 3:55pm but I was done with the test in 7 mins and almost everyone was out after 15 mins. Again, very comfortable and chilled experience. People were mostly there in jeans + polo shirts some business casual. Only one person wore a suit. The Service Canada folks were also dressed quite relaxed and very friendly.

Once you are done the test you sit in the waiting room and those who came out sooner get called a bit sooner, I was called 10 mins after finishing my test. My interview lasted 5 mins, literally. The gentleman asked for my passport + my driving license + landing paper (the white paper when you become a PR) and my PR card. That's it. Very friendly, professional and quick. He said he has no other issues with my application and that I should hear from them between 4-8 weeks...

...this morning my CIC page says Decision Made! Very prompt. They received my docs Nov 6th 2017, started my application on Jan 2nd 2018 and Decision Made September 7th 2018. Next email I am waiting to receive is the OATH email...

Hope this info is useful for all.

SkorpionKing23

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
17-02-2014
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
Congratssssss, when did you sent your app, which day in November? Also what is your test office?
Test Site is Mississauga

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hi Just wanted to give everyone a headsup....

I accompanied my mom and dad for their interviews as they are both seniors.
They have been gone more than 183 days cumulative from their trips in the Philippines in the last 4 years.
The officer mentioned, that if that is the case, then they need to provide a police clearance from the same country.
The police clearance requirement is based on 183 days or more cumulative number in the last 4 years.

He provided a letter requesting for the same, and should you be able to provide it within 30days then it should be good. Else, you will need to call and notify them. Not sure if any body else encountered this before or this may only be subjective to the officer checking your documents.

sundie134

Jun 24, 2012
Hello there I’m from philippines as well and stayed there more than 183 days, I didn’t include any police clearance. I believe it’s NBI clearance in philippines, how did your parents apply for the clearance?. My test schedule will be 2 weeks from now. Should I wait until they ask me or just apply now?.tnx

Hi Just wanted to give everyone a headsup....

I accompanied my mom and dad for their interviews as they are both seniors.
They have been gone more than 183 days cumulative from their trips in the Philippines in the last 4 years.
The officer mentioned, that if that is the case, then they need to provide a police clearance from the same country.
The police clearance requirement is based on 183 days or more cumulative number in the last 4 years.

He provided a letter requesting for the same, and should you be able to provide it within 30days then it should be good. Else, you will need to call and notify them. Not sure if any body else encountered this before or this may only be subjective to the officer checking your documents.

Reactions: YumiMedina

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Just received my Oath Invite :D

Application Sent: Oct-29, 2017
Application Received: Nov-01, 2017
Interview Date: Aug-24, 2018
e-CAS Decision Made: Aug-25, 2018
--------------------------------------------------

Oath email received: Sep-07, 2018
Oath Date: Sep-26, 2018 (09:00 AM)
Oath Location: CIC-Mississauga

Good luck everyone!

Ps.: If anyone wants a free ride, pls PM me. I can carry additional 2pax.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Just received my Oath Invite :D

Application Sent: Oct-29, 2017
Application Received: Nov-01, 2017
Interview Date: Aug-24, 2018
e-CAS Decision Made: Aug-25, 2018
--------------------------------------------------

Oath email received: Sep-07, 2018
Oath Date: Sep-26, 2018 (09:00 AM)
Oath Location: CIC-Mississauga

Good luck everyone!

Ps.: If anyone wants a free ride, pls PM me. I can carry additional 2pax.
Congratulations! Happy beginnings. :)

Reactions: qorax

weneklek

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Hello there I’m from philippines as well and stayed there more than 183 days, I didn’t include any police clearance. I believe it’s NBI clearance in philippines, how did your parents apply for the clearance?. My test schedule will be 2 weeks from now. Should I wait until they ask me or just apply now?.tnx
Lucky your application didn’t get returned because of the missing NBI clearance. It should be included on the application since you spent 183 days in PH. Anyway go secure it now because it will take more than a month to get it.

Last edited:

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
Hi All,
I had two question.
1) If during our PR stay in Canada (i.e after landing and before applying Citizenship) , if someone has gone outside of Canada (like US ,India) for few days.
Here the US immigration dept puts entry stamp on the Passport ,but while returning to Canada, the Canadian immg dept does not do any stamping on our Passport.
Since Canada does not put any entry exit stamp, what to show to the Interview officer during Citizenship test/interview if he asks to show the stamps.

2) I forgot to keep a copy of my calculation sheet.Now i do not remember the exact reason I put for my travel abroad.Do they also ask the reason of travel along with the dates ?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
1) ...if he asks to show the stamps.
2) ...Do they also ask the reason of travel along with the dates ?
1. S/he will not. They rather would take your passport/s and check everything themselves.
2. They don't, usually. Even if they do, you can always say you don't specifically remember - maybe vacation, official, whatever. But would like to see the stamps once again and try to recollect.

Ps.: You most likely saved it online at canada.ca (viz. 'My Calculator"). Try logging-in.

Oakville

Jul 21, 2018
Hi Everyone!
(From :11/2017)
IP: 03/18
I received to write test yesterday to do on Oct.4.
They asked me to bring:
The notice,
2 pieces of personal identification,
PR card,
All original passports and
"All original documents that support my application"??? (ANYONE knows what kind of the documents are?)

Last edited:

Saadi Hussein

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Hi Everyone!
(From :11/2017)
IP: 03/18
I received to write test yesterday to do on Oct.4.
They asked me to bring:
The notice,
2 pieces of personal identification,
PR card,
All original passports and
All original documents that support my application. (Anyone knows what kind of the documents are?)
All document you but with your applcation just in case but for me the offcer ask for PR ..heIth cared and all passports and ask if you travel and the end you asign forme then tell you to wait for litter by mail or email just ten munit

meayman

Sep 19, 2012
Hello guys,
I have a question to those who took the test with their family.
If it is a family application, does husband and wife go for the interview together or separate??
Thanks!