+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

flyerfan

May 15, 2012
Admins please update.

First of all, my correct test date was the 28th (I mistakenly wrote the 29th). I wrote the test in Scarborough, there were about 35 taking the test (and about 20 minutes later there was another group in a different room taking the test). The test was easy (scored 20/20) reading Discover Canada twice and you'll do just fine.

I finished the test one of the first but wasn't call in right away. At the interview, the officer asked for ID (no language docs or COPR), chatted about my job, family. lasted maybe 3 minutes, then says your file looks good (I think she wrote on the folder D.M.) and then asks "are you available to take the oath tomorrow the 29th here in Scarborough", and of course I said YES. Well, today I took the oath together with another 100 beautiful new Canadians. (they do need a new AC system there, it is bloody hot).

So from my notice to appear to take the test until after oath - less than a month!

I was a silent follower on this forum, visited almost every day, fascinated by ppl's stories, used ppl's advice, thank you all!

I wish everyone lot's of luck and the all the best in the future of this new great country of mine! the sky is the limit!!

I will post this on the Scarborough and Mississauga (My file was first there before being transferred) threads as well.

Signing off.

Reactions: Mandriva and Zacks

Endlescc

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Admins please update.

First of all, my correct test date was the 28th (I mistakenly wrote the 29th). I wrote the test in Scarborough, there were about 35 taking the test (and about 20 minutes later there was another group in a different room taking the test). The test was easy (scored 20/20) reading Discover Canada twice and you'll do just fine.

I finished the test one of the first but wasn't call in right away. At the interview, the officer asked for ID (no language docs or COPR), chatted about my job, family. lasted maybe 3 minutes, then says your file looks good (I think she wrote on the folder D.M.) and then asks "are you available to take the oath tomorrow the 29th here in Scarborough", and of course I said YES. Well, today I took the oath together with another 100 beautiful new Canadians. (they do need a new AC system there, it is bloody hot).

So from my notice to appear to take the test until after oath - less than a month!

I was a silent follower on this forum, visited almost every day, fascinated by ppl's stories, used ppl's advice, thank you all!

I wish everyone lot's of luck and the all the best in the future of this new great country of mine! the sky is the limit!!

I will post this on the Scarborough and Mississauga (My file was first there before being transferred) threads as well.

Signing off.
Congrats !!
That’s awesome you got to attend the Oath the very next day after the test !!
Hopefully I don’t have to wait for 4 months because that will really affect my trip ..

sopranotb

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Hi, my timeline is:
Doc sent Nov 23, in process since 19 of Jan and test invite on 27 Aug for Sep 17
Hi Zacks, Are your test in Scarborough or Mississauga? Where are you located (primary office).
You sent your application in 23 November but when CIC received it, do you remember from purolator?..
Are you single or family applicants?.. Thank Youuu:)

Last edited:

Saadi Hussein

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
I did my interview last two weeks and the offcer said it is very good and said we send to you email or by mail letter then i call CIC to check my file and said i passed the interview and said if we need some documents we call you what means please

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
Hello. I have good news :) I received an invitation to oath ceremony!
My test was in Scarborough in May but I moved to Mississauga in July. The oath is scheduled in Mississauga. So, I guess, my file was transfered.
I got an email on August 27 and the date when the oath will be is September 17.
Please update the timeline. Thank you!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Rajmalhothra,

I'm a November applicant, I received test invite on August 20, 2018 to appear on September 5, 2018. But I have requested to reschedule my test. My name is on line 347 in the spreadsheet. Im not sure how you would record it in the spreadsheet.
I have listed the dates for now. Once you have new dates, let us know. We'll update.

Reactions: HeroMember

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. I have good news :) I received an invitation to oath ceremony!
My test was in Scarborough in May but I moved to Mississauga in July. The oath is scheduled in Mississauga. So, I guess, my file was transfered.
I got an email on August 27 and the date when the oath will be is September 17.
Please update the timeline. Thank you!
Updated. Congrats!!

Zacks

Sep 18, 2017
Toronto
Hi Zacks, Are your test in Scarborough or Mississauga? Where are you located (primary office).
You sent your application in 23 November but when CIC received it, do you remember from purolator?..
Are you single or family applicants?.. Thank Youuu:)
Scarborough, moved from Mississauga. Located in Toronto and Family app. Thet received it 4-5 days later

Madtravel

Jun 4, 2013
Hi guys! Have been waiting for the test invite since late November. Many of you who passed a post test interview mentioned abt job - related questions e.g current work ... I have been out of work for quite some time and wandering if being an unemployed might cost me a DM from an officer? Having checked citizenship elegibility criterias I couldnt locate anything related to unemployment, though This is what officers tend to ask during an interview... thank you

Reactions: qorax

trunalgupte

Sep 10, 2011
Can you please put my timeline in the spreadsheet?
App type : Single
Physical presence: 1137 when applied (as of 13th Nov, 2017)
App recieved: 17th Nov, 2017
AOR: 24th Jan, 2018
In process: 20th Feb, 2018
Test invite: 23rd Aug, 2018
Test Date: 11th Sept, 2018