+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am in process since 8 months and 10 months since they received my application and no test invitation yet. Any suggestions? Mississauga office

Jul 25, 2018
My file has been "In Process" since the past seven months. No further updates since then . . . but I have been waiting patiently; watching updates on this forum. Going by recent developments with some of the other members on this forum with a similar timeline . . . I feel that I need to wait patiently till the beginning of October before I start thinking of making moves (if any!). Till then I am going to wait and watch. There are far too many applicants starting October-November and this extended time frame at CIC is understandable . . . it really isn't that bad at this time!!! Till then I would plan my cross border travels with caution and respond to any CIC queries diligently . . . like I have with renewing my passport that was expiring in two months without even CIC asking for it . . . I was being proactive!!! I sent it to them and they promptly acknowledged that they have sent it to the concerned processing office :)

Jul 23, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello Guys,

I am in process since 8 months and 10 months since they received my application and no test invitation yet. Any suggestions? Mississauga office
Same here. I called one month ago and the guy on the phone said everything looked okay and that mine was in a folder reaady to be sent out soon...one month later I have nothing. So I called again and this time the guy said my file is actually in Sauga and is still going through regular process - no issues. So we just have to wait. He did say though, that we should have been done with everything: test, oath etc WITHIN the 1yr period, which is great. So maximum by Nov we are done. Just have to hang in there...

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Same here. I called one month ago and the guy on the phone said everything looked okay and that mine was in a folder reaady to be sent out soon...one month later I have nothing. So I called again and this time the guy said my file is actually in Sauga and is still going through regular process - no issues. So we just have to wait. He did say though, that we should have been done with everything: test, oath etc WITHIN the 1yr period, which is great. So maximum by Nov we are done. Just have to hang in there...
Sure, let us keep each other posted. I think the same and we should be finalized everything within one year.

trickycat

Feb 18, 2015
hi - please update tracker - line 355 - Received test invite (Email with attachment) on Aug 2nd. Test is on Aug 27th at Scarborough. Thanks!

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
I took the Oath of Citizenship today. Thank you to all the admins for your hard work and to everyone in this forum for your support, and best of luck to everyone else still waiting.

The notice to attend the oath ceremony was dated July 12th.