AThind

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 22, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

And Nothing after that. Been waiting since then.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 22, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
And Nothing after that. Been waiting since then.
It will come soon.. :)

zkazmi123

Aug 8, 2018
I sent my finger prints with my application when I initially submitted it (heard from a friend that they will ask for it later).

so far:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 1, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on June 7, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 4, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I took my test in Scarborough and passed. The lady said I should be contacted soon for oath.

My status says "Decision Made".

Anyone else waiting for an Oath Date ?

cdnfullmoon

Sep 29, 2013
I sent my finger prints with my application when I initially submitted it (heard from a friend that they will ask for it later).

so far:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 1, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on June 7, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 4, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I took my test in Scarborough and passed. The lady said I should be contacted soon for oath.

My status says "Decision Made".

Anyone else waiting for an Oath Date ?
There seem to be a lot of us waiting for Scarborough. My husband had his interview on May 8 and DM May 9. The officer also told him that he would receive his oath invitation "soon". Nothing since then. Patience seems to be the key here.

Last edited:

NG1983

Aug 8, 2018
Hi There, I applied for citizenship from Vancouver,BC for 2 of us. Havent heard anything except below. been waiting since Feb 15 , no status change after that ?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 15, 2018.
Anyone who ha similar status ? Any idea what is goin on?

NG1983

Aug 8, 2018
Actually no one knows whats going on here unless someone in this forum work for CIC and working on your file. Yes there any many people like in this situation. When you applied what you heard or know about your application processing time?
on website processing time comes as 1 yr .

Oakville

Jul 21, 2018
Hi There, I applied for citizenship from Vancouver,BC for 2 of us. Havent heard anything except below. been waiting since Feb 15 , no status change after that ?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 20, 2018.
We are in the same boat: Applied on November. On April completed the FP. After that, no news. Still waiting for the write test invitation.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016

Yours is virtually the same timeline as my own (11/20th; 01/15th; 02/20th), and I know for a fact that mine's held-up in the queue at CSIS, awaiting their security assessment/advice opinion.

So you're likely in the same boat as me. CSIS will likely have prioritised PRs' background checks for citizenship as less urgent/important than other people's (e.g., irregular-entrants / refugee claimants).