+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

CricDominion

Jan 20, 2018
Hi admin,
please update line#225
Decision made: July 23, 2018
Oath : July 23, 2018

Tip: The test is paper based, different sets of questions are distributed so there is no way you can look into your neighbor's answer sheet. You are not supposed to write anything on the questions booklet as it is brought in use in other tests, mark only answer sheet.

After the test, the score was told during the interview. Families were being interviewed as a whole, which was good to have both spouse and self to have things on the same page. Just make sure to remember the dates, duration and reasons of being outside Canada. Take certified translation (English or French) of all visa stamps if not in the official language. You only need to translate during your eligibility period, so don't need to pay more for extra translation.
Please update line#189 (circdom/Fort McMurray)
test/interview/oath: August 23, 2018

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Does submitting a webform enquiry delay the process of my citizenship application? And how about calling help centre? Thanks

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Does submitting a webform enquiry delay the process of my citizenship application? And how about calling help centre? Thanks
There is no point asking this again and again : nobody here works for IRCC and has no way of knowing. Some people got new movement after inquiry and speculated calling/sending webform was the reason, some people got no updates after webform and guessed doing so delayed their process - there is no concrete evidence or any published IRCC policies with regard to this

John P.

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Hi, I did it twice, and believed it had no effect on the application being processed.

Last edited:

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
I am hearing that all Nov 2017 Mississauga applications have been transferred to Scarborough office now.this was because the Mississauga office could not start on these applications till July.
Does anyone know about this ?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I am hearing that all Nov 2017 Mississauga applications have been transferred to Scarborough office now.this was because the Mississauga office could not start on these applications till July.
Does anyone know about this ?
Yes, we do now, as you have shared your awareness with US! Thank you :)

flyerfan

May 15, 2012
I'm a November applicant. On Aug 2 I got an email for a test invite for Aug 29 at Scarborough.

So in short I live minutes walk from the St Clair office , my file was sent to Mississauga and I'm getting the test in Scarborough , maybe they'll fly me out to Calgary for the oath -:).

Admins please update the SS.

Being a Mississauga file , I posted the above in the Mississauga thread as well.

Good luck to all.

Rockin2018

Aug 6, 2018
Hi guys

Applied : Nov2017
Citizenship test : April2018
Decision made : Aug2018

But didn’t see any letter or email for appointment date for Oath yet.I wonder how long it’s gona take more .

cdnfullmoon

Sep 29, 2013
I'm a November applicant. On Aug 2 I got an email for a test invite for Aug 29 at Scarborough.

So in short I live minutes walk from the St Clair office , my file was sent to Mississauga and I'm getting the test in Scarborough , maybe they'll fly me out to Calgary for the oath -:).

Admins please update the SS.

Being a Mississauga file , I posted the above in the Mississauga thread as well.

Good luck to all.
Things are very confusing now.

Mississauga has 17 or 18 ceremonies scheduled for this month. Scarborough no longer even appears on the website!

supadude

Feb 11, 2014
I am a little lost. What’s FT and why would he get RQ?
FT is for Foot Therapy, may be a massage.... Anyway, I meant FP - FingerPrint. And RQ stands for Residency Questionary. Last two options are extending your processing time for many months.

Mohbali31

Aug 7, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 25, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 24, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 3, 2018.
Can u please update my status in excel sheet and send me the link of excel sheet

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
FT is for Foot Therapy, may be a massage.... Anyway, I meant FP - FingerPrint. And RQ stands for Residency Questionary. Last two options are extending your processing time for many months.
Hahaha where are you getting the feet done? Vietnamese studio?

No one should get RQ, that is why I said I was lost. ;)

Selena009

Jan 20, 2018
Hi Guys,

Finally I received test invite via email today.
Test date - August 23 in Scarborough ( I am from North York).
Please update line 283 for Selena009

Thank you :)

Reactions: akitanatural