+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello Guys,

I read in the forum that all November 2017 Mississauga applicants files transferred to Scarborough. Is that confirmed? and if so , is it for citizenship applicants? Thanks

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello Guys,

I read in the forum that all November 2017 Mississauga applicants files transferred to Scarborough. Is that confirmed? and if so , is it for citizenship applicants? Thanks
Check a few posts back in this thread and you'll see someone that received an oath invitation from Mississauga today.

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
I can confirm it. Spoke with the CIC representative yesterday.
Hi, thanks for sharing. So did you call CIC and did they tell you that ALL MISSISSAUGA APPLICANTS files transferred to Scarborough? And is this for citizenship applications? Thanks again

Pescatore

Feb 8, 2018
Hi,
my timeline is now complete. Best wishes to all those who have gone before and to those who are still on the path. Thanks also to the Vancouver CIC office.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 8, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 14, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 18, 2018 at 8:19 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 22, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 22, 2018 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on July 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 31, 2018 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  7. You became a Canadian citizen on July 31, 2018.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi,
my timeline is now complete. Best wishes to all those who have gone before and to those who are still on the path. Thanks also to the Vancouver CIC office.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 8, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 14, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 18, 2018 at 8:19 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 22, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 22, 2018 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on July 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 31, 2018 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Heartful congratulations to you! :)

Joynnss

Jun 28, 2018
Hi,
congratulations!

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
My wife's journey is also finally over. She became a citizen last week in Calgary and applied for her passport yesterday.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 9, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 30, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 2, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 22, 2018 at 1:02 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 31, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 27, 2018 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on July 27, 2018.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
My wife's journey is also finally over. She became a citizen last week in Calgary and applied for her passport yesterday.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 9, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 30, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 2, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 22, 2018 at 1:02 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 31, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 27, 2018 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on July 27, 2018.
Congrats, updated the sheet

akitanatural

Mar 2, 2016
Oakville
Category........
Visa Office......
Hamilton
Hi,
Congratulations!

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello Guys,

In process since Jan,9th,2018. I have not received test invitation yet. Any thoughts or suggestions. I am at Mississauga.

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
I had my test yesterday, Kitchener office, on Aug 1st, 2018,
a few notes about our experience:
- Test is way easier than any online websites that provide sample test, I have tried any website that google shows. I finished the test in like 5 mins and got 20/20.
- We have a family application, myself, my daughter, and my wife. So, we both went into the interview in the same time. officer asked few questions about my work, commute. we had the translations of our stamps, but the officer didn't ask to see them, neither our passports, nor any documents that we had with us.
- My status, online, was changed today Aug 2nd 2018,to decision made.

my timeline is below:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 4, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 16, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 7, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on July 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 1, 2018 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

good luck to everybody with their applications.

Reactions: akitanatural

pablo_cv4

Nov 24, 2014
I also had my test yesterday August 1st, I passed it with 19/20.

The officer mentioned that my background check was still in progress, and that they wanted to corroborate some of my travel history with the records of CBSA.

Good luck to all!

pablo_cv4

Nov 24, 2014
Hello Guys,

In process since Jan,9th,2018. I have not received test invitation yet. Any thoughts or suggestions. I am at Mississauga.
Ask for GCMS notes, that will give you an idea of what's going on with your application and it might trigger some movement.