+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

akitanatural

Mar 2, 2016
Oakville
Category........
Visa Office......
Hamilton
Had my Oath Ceremony yesterday at Scarborough and became a Canadian Citizen. The whole process took around 9 months, which I feel is not bad considering Scarborough's backlog. The only hiccup in the ceremony was to sing the National Anthem in French even though the Clerk informed that the ceremony will be done in English as everyone preferred it.
Congratulations

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Had my Oath Ceremony yesterday at Scarborough and became a Canadian Citizen. The whole process took around 9 months, which I feel is not bad considering Scarborough's backlog. The only hiccup in the ceremony was to sing the National Anthem in French even though the Clerk informed that the ceremony will be done in English as everyone preferred it.
In my ceremony we sang a bilingual version of the anthem (I never knew that existed until that day), which has some sentences in French and some in English...

JCG19

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Hi Seniors,
What is average time taken to get oath invitation after Decision Made.....my office is
Ottawa
Thanks in advance...!!

itslulutime

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Montreal
LANDED..........
01-12-2013
good day everyone!
i received my oath ceremony invitation 2 days ago (july 17th)... the ceremony will be august 2nd :)
Admin can you update my info?
thanks

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
I applied November 30th, wrote test May 14th and still waiting for oath swearing date even though my status is showing as 'decision made'. Anyone else experience this delay? It's 2 months now since I wrote the test. I live in Toronto - downtown. I wrote the test in Scarborough. Below are my details for the excel file...
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 6, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 26, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 14, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I applied November 30th, wrote test May 14th and still waiting for oath swearing date even though my status is showing as 'decision made'. Anyone else experience this delay? It's 2 months now since I wrote the test. I live in Toronto - downtown. I wrote the test in Scarborough. Below are my details for the excel file...
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 6, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 26, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 14, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Similar to my timeline, still waiting for oath, I live in downtown but wrote the test in Scarborough. The interviewer said everything is fine in my file still no update on the oath invitation.

Application received November 17
AOR January 23
IP Feb 26
Test invite email April 20
Test date May 7(passed with 20/20)
Decision made May 7

I am not sure what's holding this up for this long!

braindead

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Kitchener, ON
Hi everyone. I have a question. I received my test invite by email, but not by regular mail. Can I use the email invite as my official confirmation for the test appointment?

On ECAS, it says that:
"We sent you a notice on July 10, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 26, 2018 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"

Reactions: thegentleman

bevthebeaver

Jul 11, 2018
Hey, I think you receive the invitation either by mail OR by email. I only received mine via email, printed it out and took it to my test. No physical mail. Hope that helps!

Reactions: braindead