+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

akitanatural

Mar 2, 2016
Oakville
Category........
Visa Office......
Hamilton
I picked up my passport yesterday guys. Took exactly 6 business days minus Monday which was obviously July 1 holiday (I applied the Wednesday before the holiday weekend). When I say picked up, I mean I had to go to the nearest post office to get it because I wasn't home when the mail man came for me to sign for it.

I applied for it in person at my nearest passport office. Was super quick, in and out in under 10 minutes.
:D
Congrats.

Reactions: thegentleman

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
apply for a Canadian passport whilst in India at the High Commission of Canada, hopefully you're going to a city which has the services and you won't have to travel. More info at:

email: india.consular@international.gc.ca
webite: http://international.gc.ca/world-monde/india-inde/index.aspx?lang=eng

complete passport requirements such as
I picked up my passport yesterday guys. Took exactly 6 business days minus Monday which was obviously July 1 holiday (I applied the Wednesday before the holiday weekend). When I say picked up, I mean I had to go to the nearest post office to get it because I wasn't home when the mail man came for me to sign for it.

I applied for it in person at my nearest passport office. Was super quick, in and out in under 10 minutes.
Congrats!! Was it a normal or, urgent application? Which passport office?

Reactions: thegentleman

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Reactions: dutts

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
apply for a Canadian passport whilst in India at the High Commission of Canada, hopefully you're going to a city which has the services and you won't have to travel. More info at:

email: india.consular@international.gc.ca
webite: http://international.gc.ca/world-monde/india-inde/index.aspx?lang=eng

complete passport requirements such as

Congrats!! Was it a normal or urgent application?
Normal app.. Gatineau.
Normal passport application taking only 6 days for issuance is pretty impressive. Website says 20 working days and in Winnipeg it's more than a month still no news for passport applicants. Congrats again.

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
If it is DM, most of the process is done and they are trying to schedule the oath date would be my guess. Scarborough is one of the slowest along side other GTA officies. So hang in there would be my suggestion. Someone who wrote the test at scarborogh in April just got Oath invite today - so there is hope!!

for GCMS notes, since your status is DM , you can see all the process which are complete such as security check, crimilanity check language level & physical presence elligibility.

It would not give you information about Oath dates i am afraid.

Hi Kan,

Thanks for the feedback. You mentioned someone who wrote the test in April got test invite now, is that Scarboroough ? but I had written mine mid of March 2018

Saimeet

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
Hello All,

I also noticed this in my GCMS notes which looked odd. Please can someone help decipher this for me.

FINALIZE APPLICATION

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE : 0

REFUSAL GROUNDS

REFUSAL GROUNDS : 1
Created Date : 2014/06/14 09:38:22
Created by : SADMIN
Updated Date: 2014/11/14 19:43:13
Updated by : SADMIN
Article of Act :
Article Description

aabid101

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2009
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 - 04-10-2012 PPR2 - 02-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2012
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 20, 2018.
Just got my Notes:
Criminality: 1
Created Date: 2018/01/09
Type: Criminality Clearance

Sub Activities: 1
Created Date: 2018/01/20
Type: CIT RCMP Screening

Will I get Fingerprint request instead of Test invite?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hello All,

I also noticed this in my GCMS notes which looked odd. Please can someone help decipher this for me.

FINALIZE APPLICATION

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE : 0

REFUSAL GROUNDS

REFUSAL GROUNDS : 1
Created Date : 2014/06/14 09:38:22
Created by : SADMIN
Updated Date: 2014/11/14 19:43:13
Updated by : SADMIN
Article of Act :
Article Description
Something was rejected in 2014??

Was an application for a permit refused?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 20, 2018.
Just got my Notes:
Criminality: 1
Created Date: 2018/01/09
Type: Criminality Clearance

Sub Activities: 1
Created Date: 2018/01/20
Type: CIT RCMP Screening

Will I get Fingerprint request instead of Test invite?
Do you want to give them a call and ask if they are going to ask you for fingerprint scans?

What’s your location?

aabid101

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2009
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 - 04-10-2012 PPR2 - 02-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2012
Do you want to give them a call and ask if they are going to ask you for fingerprint scans?

What’s your location?
Mississauga

subansina

Nov 24, 2014
Hi All,

I got my GCMS note where following comment were mentioned.

Assessment for knowledge, Residence, Language - Not Started
Prohibition - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Location - Test Pending Clearance Tagged
File was updated on 2018/06/01.

I am in IP since Jan 28. Could anyone help me to understand what stage my application in looking into above status and when should i expect to get an invitation for test.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi All,

I got my GCMS note where following comment were mentioned.

Assessment for knowledge, Residence, Language - Not Started
Prohibition - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Location - Test Pending Clearance Tagged
File was updated on 2018/06/01.

I am in IP since Jan 28. Could anyone help me to understand what stage my application in looking into above status and when should i expect to get an invitation for test.
Would you like to give them a call?

You might want to consider seeing your local MP.

Please note- it takes a month to receive notes; hopefully status of your file is looking super green.

Good luck.

subansina

Nov 24, 2014
Hi Jayson,

Many thanks for your response. My GCMS note was issued on the same day that i sent them follow up email on 31st day as they did not release note within their standard time frame of 30 days.

I am curious about Test Pending Clearance Tagged. What exactly does that means.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Jayson,

Many thanks for your response. My GCMS note was issued on the same day that i sent them follow up email on 31st day as they did not release note within their standard time frame of 30 days.

I am curious about Test Pending Clearance Tagged. What exactly does that means.
My dear, all I can say at the moment is, you will have your citizenship this year itself. Please prepare for celebrations. I am sure that you were meant to be in Canada and be a citizen of this lovely country.

Probably your office has received huge number of applications and I am confident that with the amount of resources they have, they will grant everyone who deserves their citizenship within the given 12 month time frame.

Each case is different and the officer assessing it is different too; at times due to a discrepancy they have to investigate some minor things which could take a little longer in some cases; depending on the resources and the person who is investigating; again how many cases are sitting on that desk.

Certainly, officers have targets to complete to keep the system consistent..

Good luck..