November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Just for information of members: I went for FP to York Regional Police, Richmond Hill. I though the FP goes directly to CIC but they said it will first go to RCMP and they will again sent to York Regional Police and that may take two to six week. Then they will call me and i have to collect the hard copy and sent to CIC.

I have few quesitions, appreciate if any one can answer:

- Is this everyone has experienced who got the FP request?
- And i understand that i will not get the test invite until and unless the FP reaches CIC office?
- My wife was not asked FP. So she will get the test invite before me or her application will also be on hold until my documents reach them?

thanks,
See my Answer below
1- FP result takes (assuming all is good) 5-6 days max to reach to you. There is two way for delivery of FP result to CIC
a) when you go for FP, Agency ask you where you want to deliver the result , if your say to your address it will come to your address and then you can put the result envelop inside another envelop and send to address mentioned in your FP request letter
b) you can ask agency directly send the result to CIC address mentioned in FP request letter.

Best bet is option a) which i also did during my PR time as well as citizenship time , Why ? because once you will send to cic via courier , you can track the delivery and will be assured yes it is delivered , 2nd benefit , you get an idea about FP result , if it comes to you in 10 days time frame it means all is ok if you have any criminal history , it take 12 to 20 weeks by RCMP. note: don't try to open the FP result envelop , just put inside another envelope and send to CIC. (To avide any kind of confusion that result is tampered )

2- Yes , without FP result you will not get test invite
3- no , since you send all the application in single packet (which i assume you did) you will be treated as family application , and she will also not get test invite until your result reach to CIC and all is OK

Hope this will help you

Thanks

Reactions: leo1971 and Nawazt

leo1971

Apr 9, 2018
See my Answer below
1- FP result takes (assuming all is good) 5-6 days max to reach to you. There is two way for delivery of FP result to CIC
a) when you go for FP, Agency ask you where you want to deliver the result , if your say to your address it will come to your address and then you can put the result envelop inside another envelop and send to address mentioned in your FP request letter
b) you can ask agency directly send the result to CIC address mentioned in FP request letter.

Best bet is option a) which i also did during my PR time as well as citizenship time , Why ? because once you will send to cic via courier , you can track the delivery and will be assured yes it is delivered , 2nd benefit , you get an idea about FP result , if it comes to you in 10 days time frame it means all is ok if you have any criminal history , it take 12 to 20 weeks by RCMP. note: don't try to open the FP result envelop , just put inside another envelope and send to CIC. (To avide any kind of confusion that result is tampered )

2- Yes , without FP result you will not get test invite
3- no , since you send all the application in single packet (which i assume you did) you will be treated as family application , and she will also not get test invite until your result reach to CIC and all is OK

Hope this will help you

Thanks
Thank you so much

PARS60

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
10-7-13
Admin,

Pl update sheet to change City-

My cousin = Stuartfab (AS PER xl) - Just spoke to Call Centre:
File is in transit to Mississauga (Pl change city in XL)
B.G -Sec. Crim - All passed

Test Date - Waiting

Cheers,
Lance
Sir I sent you a conversation please do reply

shuaibks

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
CALGARY
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
this is my timeline plz update Thx.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 2, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 13, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 4, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 29, 2018 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on June 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 3, 2018 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
It's frustrating I done the test&interview on 23 May until now no DM yet, I was told there's a background check global one in processing with no time frame, I need to travel on August, I was told as well if there's a plan to travel by July let us know, I don't know why they don't start this kind of background early??? btw I did also before test the FP which delay the application at least 2-3 months!!!
Want to trade places? I am in process since Feb. 2nd - no test invite to date.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is my timeline plz update Thx.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 2, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 13, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 4, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 29, 2018 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on June 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 3, 2018 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Updated. Congrats!!

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Thanks so much

So it means children status will be in process till oath day ?
it should be "decision made" at least some point of time

Please suggest
Other people have also reported that it stays the same till oath date and then changed to DM

GingerKat

Jan 15, 2018
Received Test Date on June 6 by mail, invitation letter was dated June 5, test date is on June 25 in Mississauga. I live in Toronto.
Finally!!! Mississauga is super slow.

Reactions: thegentleman

Kalcio10

May 15, 2018
Received Test Date on June 6 by mail, invitation letter was dated June 5, test date is on June 25 in Mississauga. I live in Toronto.
Finally!!! Mississauga is super slow.
Hi,
Mine received my app on Nov 3 rd.
Started processing my app on February 26Th... What a gap!! No test invite so far...
Sent the online message for updates to IRCC.
Replied: Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Mississauga.
The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test.
We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.
Should you need to travel during this time, please ensure to hold a valid permanent resident card.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Still waiting ‍♂...

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
I want to put the question again.. for interview they asked to bring copy of bio-data.. Can some one guide me what is this?
You need to bring everything you sent in with your application... and they need to be originals not copies.