+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

shafu

Nov 22, 2013
That sucks - five months for a FP request.

I won't be surprised if I receive one as well as others.
Hey, my application was IP since January 9,

Today it updated as:

"We sent you correspondence on June 6, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required"

I have not received the letter in hard form (though too early) or thru email, though my official correspondence with them was thru email.

I am wondering what they may be asking now after five months? Any idea?

I saw the same update to although dated May 31st. I quickly went out to check my Canada Post mailbox and the letter was there asking for FPs.
So give it few days as your status is changed on June 6th.....the letter would be in there and the deadline would be 30 days from the date of letter i.e. July 6th.
All the best!

leo1971

Apr 9, 2018
I saw the same update to although dated May 31st. I quickly went out to check my Canada Post mailbox and the letter was there asking for FPs.
So give it few days as your status is changed on June 6th.....the letter would be in there and the deadline would be 30 days from the date of letter i.e. July 6th.
All the best!
Brilliant.
All the best!
Thanks to all who replied. I checked the letter box and got FP letter.

ramo11

Oct 19, 2017
Hi guys, I'd like someone to confirm something please. My oath ceremony is tomorrow but it I can't bring my mother because she has a citizenship application in process? Is that correct? Thanks!

ivid

Nov 29, 2017
What I read from different people here that Scarborough sends email test invite while Mississauga sends mail test invite.. but I am not sure if this is 100% guarantee.. Do you mind update us once you know your test location office? Thank you :)
Received the mail test invite today and as most of you said the test centre is Mississauga..

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Just came back from my Oath. A process that started 11 years ago (from first PR papers till today) has finally come to an end.

The process takes time but at the end of it, its all worth it when you read the Oath & the beautiful national anthem :)

Good luck to everyone here ! You will all one day hold a Canadian passport and be proud citizens of this beautiful country !

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I'd like someone to confirm something please. My oath ceremony is tomorrow but it I can't bring my mother because she has a citizenship application in process? Is that correct? Thanks!
You can take your mother to be a guest in your Oath ceremony.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, just got confused with the "accompanying person". Thought they were referring to guests.
You cannot take a person as interpreter for citizenship interview, if interpreter has citizenship application in-process. I was asked the same when I went as an interpreter for my father during the citizenship interview. However, during Oath they do not ask for this question or any question from guests.

Reactions: ramo11

pisces09

Dec 6, 2017
Hey guys... I'm in process since February 4th. I'm in Vancouver... anyone else in van with the same situation? I'm getting worried.
Please any status that you can share I would really appreciate

Nawazt

Oct 8, 2017
You cannot take a person as interpreter for citizenship interview, if interpreter has citizenship application in-process. I was asked the same when I went as an interpreter for my father during the citizenship interview. However, during Oath they do not ask for this question or any question from guests.
How many guests one can take to the oath ceremony?