+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

run-Man

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
You sure, ECAS is typically always updated a day after the actual action. So the email is sent first, and then ECAS gets updated. Did you check your spam folder? I would be surprised if ECAS got updated before, but stranger things have happened.
I got the email a week after my ECAS updated.. so, it happens...

shengyenho

Sep 16, 2013
I got a question hope someone in the same situation can help.

For a family application of 1 adult and 2 children under 18. Do the children need to attend the interview with the parent? My friend said her children didn't go to interview with her when she did the test and interview.
Furthermore, when she got the test invitation letter, it was only for her, not for her and both children.
I thought all applicant should attend interview at least. Am I wrong about the family application?

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
Just got the good news a minute ago. Please update the tracking sheet. I was hoping to do it on Canada Day....but August 3rd is still fine.

Ceremony invite: 6th June 2018
Oath Ceremony: 3rd August.
Congrats!!! Finally!

Reactions: Kamal.Aly

Angel38d

Jun 6, 2018
Category........
CEC
Hi, My application details were as the following :

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 29, 2018.
On April 18th I received the RQ request from Vancouver immigration office, has anyone run into a similar situation ? should I expect a delay in my application? How long?

I replied to all requirement by May 15th except the medical history which should take around 6 - 8 weeks to be ready!

Thanks

sopranotb

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Did you have a similar experience? I am from Brampton and there is a probability for Mississauga office.
What I read from different people here that Scarborough sends email test invite while Mississauga sends mail test invite.. but I am not sure if this is 100% guarantee.. Do you mind update us once you know your test location office? Thank you :)

Nawazt

Oct 8, 2017

For a family application of 1 adult and 2 children under 18. Do the children need to attend the interview with the parent? My friend said her children didn't go to interview with her when she did the test and interview.
Furthermore, when she got the test invitation letter, it was only for her, not for her and both children.
I thought all applicant should attend interview at least. Am I wrong about the family application?
Children under 14 are not required to attend test, interview and even oath ceremony. Oath ceremony is option for children under 14. My daughter who is 10 is not required to attend oath ceremony.

mia.tx.00

Nov 25, 2017
I did not take my kids for the interview today and there were no issues ( kids are under 10) . I did take all relevant documents for my kids though.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Got oath invite for august 3 wonder why mine is exactly two months from today