+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Nawazt

Oct 8, 2017
They will ask for all prolonged absences on your residency calculator form that you submitted and frame questions and potential RQ based on your reply. As for prolonged absences after application, they will ask you your current occupation and have a way of confirming your absences, so have a clear and honest answer for any prolonged absences even after the application has been filed. PCC is a separate beast altogether and you need not worry in comparison to RQ.
Do you have copy of RQ, i just want to see it?

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
Status changed to Decision Made on June 3 (for spouse) and June 6 (for me). Please update the spreadsheet. Thanks.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
Got my in-process email on Feb 13. No word since then and it's almost 4 months now. Apparently the file was transferred to Mississauga on Feb 13 and all the security clearing has been done (was told that by the agent on the phone). Do you guys think it makes sense to send them a fax at this point and inquire about the status?
I've been in processing since Feb 14 and my sister has been in processing since Feb 9 with no updates. Surrey, BC location.

My brother with Feb 4 in processing already has decision made a week ago!

I guess, wait 1 more month?

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Got my oath ceremony email today. Set for July 1st in Hamilton.

ivid

Nov 29, 2017
Guys.. Checked ECAS update just now.. got test invite on June 4 for test on June 21.. Finally :):)
have not received the email yet so not sure of the test center..
@admin: Please update...
All the best to all those who are waiting..

Reactions: John P. and qjzhou

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Guys.. Checked ECAS update just now.. got test invite on June 4 for test on June 21.. Finally :):)
You sure, ECAS is typically always updated a day after the actual action. So the email is sent first, and then ECAS gets updated. Did you check your spam folder? I would be surprised if ECAS got updated before, but stranger things have happened.

ivid

Nov 29, 2017
You sure, ECAS is typically always updated a day after the actual action. So the email is sent first, and then ECAS gets updated. Did you check your spam folder? I would be surprised if ECAS got updated before, but stranger things have happened.
Yeah.. I could not believe it either.. checked everywhere in my email before posting my message in this thread.. Planning to wait till tomorrow and call them up for the invite..

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Do you have copy of RQ, i just want to see it?
I never received it. I was asked questions based on those lines asking my prolonged absences to my home country that only lasted 4 weeks. I answered them honestly and explained and was never asked for an RQ. Two of my friends on the other hand applied and left Canada and were issued RQs (complicated cases too) and the process took them two years to solve. Safest option is to leave after interview if you have to, but the point is, CIC tries to eliminate Canadians of convenience. So just keep your response ready if they ask with logic and paperwork if tending to a family emergency. Four months to me seems business or a job. I was asked the same questions and told them I was there for family emergencies and was then asked which job gives you 4 weeks off. I said I can work online and provided medical documents of the emergency, the claims I had made in my physical presence calculator. They confirm and match the days of absence with the stamps on your passport and match with CBSA report.

Btw, no one will share any govt. documents served to them.

Reactions: Nawazt

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
As per CIC agent, if you have an update in eCAS, you will get the letter in mail. For email correspondences, they do not update eCAS. So keep an eye out for the mail, if not received, contact asap in middle of next week. My two cents worth of personal experience and advice. Best of luck for your test.

Reactions: ivid

ivid

Nov 29, 2017
As per CIC agent, if you have an update in eCAS, you will get the letter in mail. For email correspondences, they do not update eCAS. So keep an eye out for the mail, if not received, contact asap in middle of next week. My two cents worth of personal experience and advice. Best of luck for your test.
Ohh that is something new. I will do that. thanks @YYZ2017!!

sopranotb

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Since it is not an email invite then test location is probably Mississauga office..

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Ohh that is something new. I will do that. thanks @YYZ2017!!
I had the same dilema as half of my stuff gets updated and rest comes as email, so one fine day I called CIC to allay my concerns of missing any important document or communication, the above mentioned answer is what I received. Just waiting for any update to come through to test the statement.

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Just got the good news a minute ago. Please update the tracking sheet. I was hoping to do it on Canada Day....but August 3rd is still fine.

Ceremony invite: 6th June 2018
Oath Ceremony: 3rd August.

Reactions: qjzhou