+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Mississauga really disappointed us, when we see pple getting their citizenship in few months and we jus stuck at one place, when they r jus sending me fingerprints after 6 months.

Gbenga262001

Dec 12, 2017
Hello All,

I did my test today at calgary center. I got 20/20. The interview went well. The stest started 1:02pm . Test completed less than 2 minutes and over all interview was completed for less than 5 minutes . In total, less than 10 minutes.

I'm on line 170 , November sheet. Please update. Thanks .

Reactions: ibry

mohantcd

Nov 19, 2011
Somebody give me update on the below, how to approach CIC. I applied under single, with 1191 days.
The below is the status of my file. Current im india for the last 4 months. Does it (present in India) affect my application in any way?
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 21, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 25, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 20, 2018.
I'm little nervous, your valuable feedback will help me.

Securitron

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Somebody give me update on the below, how to approach CIC. I applied under single, with 1191 days.
The below is the status of my file. Current im india for the last 4 months. Does it (present in India) affect my application in any way?
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 21, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 25, 2018.
As long as you return to Canada before six months passes, then you should be OK. It is possible they may ask you provide a Police Certificate from India at your interview.

I've been working in USA for almost 8 months and had to provide a police clearance to IRCC. It was not an issue and my application has already reached Decision Made and I am scheduled to take the Oath in about 2 weeks. All I can say is be prepared to have the police certificate ready, if you think you will be outside of Canada for more than 6 months.

Reactions: mohantcd

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hi All,
my wife has ielts general which is already expired and she didnt used it in PR process as she was dependent applicant to me.

Please share your thought if she can used for citizenship purpose.

Thanks,

Reactions: Kamal.Aly

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hello,

I am one of those winnipeg November,2017 applicant iped in Jan,2018 still waiting for an test invitation. Ordered couple of GCMS notes, 1s gsms showed security is in prigress, 2nd gsms showed "test ready(clearance pending), which was updated on Feb 26(as per gcms) no updates since then(last gcms dated april 30). Any suggestions??

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Hi All,
my wife has ielts general which is already expired and she didnt used it in PR process as she was dependent applicant to me.

Please share your thought if she can used for citizenship purpose.

Thanks,
Expired IELTS (general category) is a valid proof. She can use it for citizenship application.

Reactions: Kamal.Aly

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
My application has been in process since March 1st. No news. I'm in Toronto. Anyone else in the same boat here in Toronto?

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
They will ask for all prolonged absences on your residency calculator form that you submitted and frame questions and potential RQ based on your reply. As for prolonged absences after application, they will ask you your current occupation and have a way of confirming your absences, so have a clear and honest answer for any prolonged absences even after the application has been filed. PCC is a separate beast altogether and you need not worry in comparison to RQ.

Reactions: mohantcd