Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
none - Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
Well, today I am exactly at six months since I sent my packet (Nov. 17th), I do not have a test invite yet and if you look at the different spreadsheets Montreal hasn't scheduled one for about six weeks. Let's say I get my test invite and test taken by the end of July. A couple weeks for decision made, and then two months for oath to letter. That takes me to sometime in October. I applied in mid-Nov., yeah lots of drama there.
In the same boat as you, except I applied one month earlier (app received Oct 23). No test invite either. I didn't even notice that Montreal didn't schedule any test in the past six weeks, which is kind of a WTF, but also phew, I am not the only one waiting for a test invite forever.

Hang in there!

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
In the same boat as you, except I applied one month earlier (app received Oct 23). No test invite either. I didn't even notice that Montreal didn't schedule any test in the past six weeks, which is kind of a WTF, but also phew, I am not the only one waiting for a test invite forever.

Hang in there!
Thanks, you too. I think they are just swamped with all the applications and trying to work through the Oct/Nov wave. They are doing regular oath ceremonies, just seems to be fewer people working on the earlier stages of the process.

Reactions: lilzz

LoganWick

Jun 17, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me how to navigate through the cic help line to inquire status of citizenship application i.e. skipping the auto instructions and enter the correct options in one go.

Thanks

ivid

Nov 29, 2017
My location is Brampton and IP since Feb 2.
I was curious about the office where my file is going to be processed (Mississauga/Scarborough) and managed to call CIC today. The agent told me tat my file is still in Syndey awaiting dispatch to Mississauga. :confused::confused: Not sure if anyone else in the same scenario.
Looks like the wait for test invite is yet to begin....

Last edited:

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me how to navigate through the cic help line to inquire status of citizenship application i.e. skipping the auto instructions and enter the correct options in one go.

Thanks
it is 4 and then 0. But you cant skip them all - you need to wait until it starts with the listing.

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
My location is Brampton and IP since Feb 2.
I was curious about the office where my file is going to be processed (Mississauga/Scarborough) and managed to call CIC today. The agent told me tat my file is still in Syndey awaiting dispatch to Mississauga. :confused::confused: Not sure if anyone else in the same scenario.
Looks like the wait for test invite is yet to begin....
I am Feb. 2 also, but my file is Montreal. One thing I know, wherever it is they aren't doing anything with it.

Reactions: ivid

Ashnik

Sep 17, 2014
Well, today I am exactly at six months since I sent my packet (Nov. 17th), I do not have a test invite yet and if you look at the different spreadsheets Montreal hasn't scheduled one for about six weeks. Let's say I get my test invite and test taken by the end of July. A couple weeks for decision made, and then two months for oath to letter. That takes me to sometime in October. I applied in mid-Nov., yeah lots of drama there.
Same here. October 13th applicant from Montreal. At least it's good that we are not alone. :)

Last edited:

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Happy News. Got my Oath Invitation email from CIC. Oath ceremony is scheduled on 15-Jun-2018 at 8:30 AM.

Please update the spreadsheet.

ID: jithucan123
Row: 44

Thanks

Reactions: thegentleman

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
My friend got DM today, HE applied in Nov 2017 and wrote test in April 12 2018. We bought have vacation plans to travel in August, any idea what he can do to get called for oath quickly? Why is all offices so slow these days.