+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
is everyone stopped updating the spreadsheet here? or the test invitations are really stood at 42-44% for quite sometime?
Nope, it is obvious that they have been issuing a lot fewer test invites lately, at least to Nov. people. I have a feeling most people that are left will have to wait more than a year. They did a good job initially of handling the overload, but if you didn't make the first cut you are going to have to wait a while.

Reactions: run-Man

nani rocker

Sep 19, 2014
Hi

I have completed my citizenship test at Vancouver at 8.15 . The test was easy and I got 19. Most of them are from book and online practice quiz. In Vancouver there are using same booklet for morning & evening test. Interview was just checking dates on the passport, about your profession.

All the best for new test takers.

Reactions: thegentleman

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Nope, it is obvious that they have been issuing a lot fewer test invites lately, at least to Nov. people. I have a feeling most people that are left will have to wait more than a year. They did a good job initially of handling the overload, but if you didn't make the first cut you are going to have to wait a while.
More than a year? I think you’re being a little dramatic. Lol I think things will pick up soon.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I note from the spreadsheet that a lot of Scarborough DMs are posted from May, but no oath invites as yet. Has anyone from Scarborough received one?

I am travelling next month and my husband is travelling in July and neither of us are keen on changing the date for swearing-in if it is when we are going to be away. The officer didn't give a time frame at the interview; just said to "expect an invitation letter".
The first non-urgent October oath invitation happened just today, so probably another month to see the same of the November oath invites.

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Hello everyone
I receive my oath date today
1 June in Regina
I m so happy
Thanks God
Thanks everyone

Did you go to Saskatoon for the test?

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
More than a year? I think you’re being a little dramatic. Lol I think things will pick up soon.
Well, today I am exactly at six months since I sent my packet (Nov. 17th), I do not have a test invite yet and if you look at the different spreadsheets Montreal hasn't scheduled one for about six weeks. Let's say I get my test invite and test taken by the end of July. A couple weeks for decision made, and then two months for oath to letter. That takes me to sometime in October. I applied in mid-Nov., yeah lots of drama there.

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, today I am exactly at six months since I sent my packet (Nov. 17th), I do not have a test invite yet and if you look at the different spreadsheets Montreal hasn't scheduled one for about six weeks. Let's say I get my test invite and test taken by the end of July. A couple weeks for decision made, and then two months for oath to letter. That takes me to sometime in October. I applied in mid-Nov., yeah lots of drama there.
Well, maybe it ll not be like that. Maybe u ll have test invite the next week for 2weeks. DM the next day from the test. And then the oath is tricky, cause we r approaching the summer and waiting is 3-4 months. But u never really know.

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Well, maybe it ll not be like that. Maybe u ll have test invite the next week for 2weeks. DM the next day from the test. And then the oath is tricky, cause we r approaching the summer and waiting is 3-4 months. But u never really know.
Well, that would be nice. But as you know Montreal is not exactly burning it up and anyone that has lived in QC for a time knows it won't speed up when it warms up. My case is simple - 19 years in Canada, 16 years with same employer, same address, trusted traveler, no need for RQ or FP's. I had hoped to speed through, but for whatever reason that hasn't been my lot with CIC.

I hope your oath invite comes soon!

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
ECAS shows Decision Made today May 18. Test/Interview was on May 16. Strangely once I click on "Decision Made", it doesn't show test/interview info at all..

Reactions: thegentleman

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
It doesn't show the test invitation line anymore? That's weird.
Yes my last line is still "We started processing ...". For some people they get a line for the test invite, for others they don't. I guess it depends on how your case agent update their system.