+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
Just came back from my test/interview. got 18/20. Test was pretty easy, it took me less than 2 minutes to finish it. Interview went well too. The officer was really nice. He verified all the stamps on my passports and ask some general questions about work and family. He told me that I will get oath letter by email in 2 months or less.

Advice for Ottawa Residents: If you are driving to test center, plan to be there atleast 45 minutes before the actual time. It took me 30 minutes to find a parking spot. Downtown is a nightmare in morning peak hours with all the construction going on and traffic. Alternate solution, park your car in park n ride and take a bus. It's a 2 min walk from nearest bus stop.
Congratulations on passing the test.

Driving into any downtown in North America it is ill advised to drive. Park & Ride is always a better option. Or one should use a website or app like Parkopedia to look for a few parking lots before the arrival time and then set the GPS to the parking lot location.

Reactions: Nawazt and KK82

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
92 days in process and no test invite yet :-(
Not only u I am 108 days pple even more than that, so have patience
One way I like to think of it is perhaps our assigned officers prefer to do all their background checks before the test invite, so perhaps if we're lucky, once we do eventually get our test invites it could all be gravy and smooth sailing from there with faster times between test to DM and DM to oath. It does nothing to dwell and it's better to try and look at the positives. The positive is the fact that by the end of the year we should all be citizens and that after this, we won't have to go through any of this again.

ed2017

Dec 21, 2017
Hi Guys,

I just checked online and I see this:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 2, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 17, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 11, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 7, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Any idea what is this?

kash_01

Apr 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 2, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 17, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 7, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Any idea what is this?
No idea.. Test invite??? FP?? Please let us know when you receive the mail...

Reactions: ed2017

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi Guys,

Any idea what is this?
It is most probably finger print request. Other people also got the same with similar kind of wording. PPQ/QAE usually comes through snail mail.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
Hi Guys,

Any idea what is this?
It is a fingerprinting request. Head to your nearest Commissionaires fingerprinting office as soon as you receive the letter https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/service/individual/fingerprinting

Reactions: ed2017

kash_01

Apr 10, 2018
Hi potential citizenship applicants,
I finally received the test invitation today- literally few minutes ago..
My test data is on 11 June..
All the best for the ones who are patiently waiting like myself for the last 3.5 months...
Admin please update...
Regards,
Kash

css2011

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hi potential citizenship applicants,
I finally received the test invitation today- literally few minutes ago..
My test data is on 11 June..
All the best for the ones who are patiently waiting like myself for the last 3.5 months...
Admin please update...
Regards,
Kash
which city you are from ?

yingying1202000

Apr 3, 2014
Received test invitation this morning, test date will be May 24. But I won’t be in Canada on that date and I have emailed them back to reschedule it. Will update here once I receive a new test date. IP since Feb 8, Ottawa.

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.12.2013....3rd line 17/1/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15/Jan/2014 PPR1 & PPR2 24/Jan/2014. Decision made on 27.Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/Jan/2014....recieved 30/Jan/2014
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
Hello.
We had our test today at hamilton centre. I did not find the test easy or anything like vsoul.com .Questions were rephrased and kinda made me confused.Also there were fill in the blanks questions.We both passed the test.19/20 and 20/20
Interview was a breeze.Just stamp checking and one question what I have been doing during my unemployed period.
Office was very nice and polite .She told us oath would be between one month to 3 months.
The whole process took about 3 hours.