+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

pisces09

Dec 6, 2017
I think trying not to go against the averages once you fall outside those times is best (for your mental health anyway) IE; I'm at 88 days since I went to IP and still no test invite. The average showing for my area right now is 59 and someone who went into process a few days after I did got their test invite a few weeks back and another one who went into process the day before me got there's the first week of April, and still nothing for me. I don't want to be that person that calls unnecessarily and there really is nothing we can do as the stated processing times from start to finish is a year. Sucks pretty badly to see a bunch of December and even Jan applicants now getting their test invites but that's all part of this awesome process. Spending less time on this forum since then has helped my frustration.
92 days in process and no test invite yet :-(

jojik

Dec 6, 2012
Sorry for the late update...

Test Invite: April 16th
Test Date: May 8th (Scarborough,ON)
DM: May 9th

Thanks.

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
Decision made. Kindly update. Thanks

leo1971

Apr 9, 2018
i called CIC just now. They said my file is with Scarborough office. I am in IP since Jan 9. So my question is Scarborough office is slow? or OK. They received my application on 2 Nov and AOR is Dec 14

Manc123

Mar 12, 2018
I have my test on Friday but haven't receive the test letter by mail yet. Can i bring a copy of the email?
Test went well, got 20 out of 20 and the interview lasted only about 5 mins. I didn't ask about next steps and hope to hear from them soon :)

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
I think trying not to go against the averages once you fall outside those times is best (for your mental health anyway) IE; I'm at 88 days since I went to IP and still no test invite. The average showing for my area right now is 59 and someone who went into process a few days after I did got their test invite a few weeks back and another one who went into process the day before me got there's the first week of April, and still nothing for me. I don't want to be that person that calls unnecessarily and there really is nothing we can do as the stated processing times from start to finish is a year. Sucks pretty badly to see a bunch of December and even Jan applicants now getting their test invites but that's all part of this awesome process. Spending less time on this forum since then has helped my frustration.
This reply is 100!!

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Just came back from my test/interview. got 18/20. Test was pretty easy, it took me less than 2 minutes to finish it. Interview went well too. The officer was really nice. He verified all the stamps on my passports and ask some general questions about work and family. He told me that I will get oath letter by email in 2 months or less.

Advice for Ottawa Residents: If you are driving to test center, plan to be there atleast 45 minutes before the actual time. It took me 30 minutes to find a parking spot. Downtown is a nightmare in morning peak hours with all the construction going on and traffic. Alternate solution, park your car in park n ride and take a bus. It's a 2 min walk from nearest bus stop.