+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Kiran2013

Jan 3, 2018
Hi everyone
I done my test and interview on 26 April in Saskatoon, my online status show IP,today I call citizenship office they said my requirement are complete but my interview desicion not showing any thing ,they said I write a letter to Saskatoon office , please give me advice what’s happening in my case

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
Wife and me passed the test today. Interview went well. The lady officer was super nice. Checked the docs., mainly ID's and passports, asked few general questions. She told everything were fine with our file and nothing else is required to be done.Total 10-15 minutes and we were done. We were told to wait for 3 -5 months to receive oath invite. May happen earlier as Winnipeg CIC is trying hard to clear the long queue faster and expedite the process. Good luck to all.
Congratulations ! Can you please share the list of document originals you took to the interview.

Thanks,

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Congratulations ! Can you please share the list of document originals you took to the interview.

Thanks,
Sure. Driving license, PR card, all current and expired passports, landing document, English test result. These should be in original. I also took photocopy of biographical pages of all passports, copy of air tickets and hotel bookings for our travels to US. The officer only checked IDs and passports for physical presence days. However, these may differ from officer to officer
The test invite letter tells you what to bring for the interview.

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
ould you please update my status. It changed to "Decision Made" today for me and my wife, but my children's status is still showing as In Process.

Reactions: thegentleman

CityZen11

May 7, 2018
I do not think it is concerning. The average of 58 days in 'Monthly Comparison' sheet is for applicants who have received test invite. If you take average # of days applicants have been waiting for test invite since IP date or date delivered, you may find yourself better off. Moreover, Ottawa is one of fastest offices in Canada.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, keeping my fingers crossed!

cdnfullmoon

Sep 29, 2013
My husband had his interview at Scarborough CIC this morning. It was scheduled for 10:15 a.m. and we arrived at approximately 9:50 a.m. The intake officer told me that I should leave as there were so many people and not enough chairs and to come back around noon.

I left and went downstairs to Service Canada and looked up some information on their computers (nothing relevant). My phone rang with a half-hour or so. My husband was in the lobby looking for me as he was finished.

We were back in the car and on the way home by 10:30 a.m.!

He said there were very few questions; i.e. where did he work and had he ever been arrested. The officer checked his citizenship photos against he and his passport photos (he had grown a small beard and moustache after the citizenship photos). The officer then said he would receive his invitation to the oath ceremony by mail. My husband said he really didn't remember most of what transpired as the meeting was very short and fast.

Anyway, will let you know once ECAS is changed to DM.

Reactions: thegentleman

rizwansadiq

Jan 7, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,

My fingerprint results were received by IRCC Scarborough Office on 29 March 2018 and all the background checks (including police and security clearance) were completed on 12 April 2018. I was wondering how long does it take to get the citizenship test invite after the file has been updated with FP results. I would appreciate your thoughts and/or experiences.

Thanks!

Nasser558

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Hi,

Just an update, had my test and interview yesterday.

I passed the test, and in the interview everything looked fine except i had few travels from before which wasn't clear to them.

The officer mentioned they will send an letter or request to send my itinerary or tickets for the dates they require. Does anyone have any idea how long this will take or is there a delay in the process??

My status in ecas still showing In Process.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
Hi,

Just an update, had my test and interview yesterday.

I passed the test, and in the interview everything looked fine except i had few travels from before which wasn't clear to them.

The officer mentioned they will send an letter or request to send my itinerary or tickets for the dates they require. Does anyone have any idea how long this will take or is there a delay in the process??

My status in ecas still showing In Process.
That is rather odd, aren't they supposed to verify it with CBSA as part of the citizenship application? Why would they put the onus of that processing work on you?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Guess what ; when you are the mercy of - trying to be sharp officer- you have no choice but to face music,

its a joke to me why an officer asks for air tickets etc. when CBSA records were accessed, B.G checks done, called for test,

Nasser558

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
That is rather odd, aren't they supposed to verify it with CBSA as part of the citizenship application? Why would they put the onus of that processing work on you?
I think there were some trips that they couldn't find the stamps in my passport. Not all the trips but few trips.

So that is the reason probably they require this. But I am concerned this will delay the process thats all.

No idea why they wouldn't check this from the CBSA for these records. Its little confusing to me.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
I think there were some trips that they couldn't find the stamps in my passport. Not all the trips but few trips.

So that is the reason probably they require this. But I am concerned this will delay the process thats all.

No idea why they wouldn't check this from the CBSA for these records. Its little confusing to me.
Times like these I wish it would be so much more easier if CBSA did exit and entry stamps on the passport whenever we exited and entered Canada. For entry I know we do the customs form which serves the same purpose but still.

Reactions: Nasser558