+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Congrats, updated the sheet. Other who have passed through this situation may help
As advised earlier, me and my wife received test invite on 18th April. My daughter, who is a minor, has no update on her E-CAS and still in IP status. Is it normal?

Apr 19, 2018
I travel to the US for work, and also might have missed mentioning a few overnight trips in the application ( not more than 15 days in all, and they were back in 2012/2013, I don't even remember the exact dates). I have 1700 +days in my application, so I am way over the 1095 mark. Should I send a correction to them through a case specific enquiry/ webform, or leave it alone

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I travel to the US for work, and also might have missed mentioning a few overnight trips in the application ( not more than 15 days in all, and they were back in 2012/2013, I don't even remember the exact dates). I have 1700 +days in my application, so I am way over the 1095 mark. Should I send a correction to them through a case specific enquiry/ webform, or leave it alone
My suggestion is to provide information to the best of your knowledge. In my mind, that doesn't mean guess, so I would correct the record for what you can accurately remember via the webform.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014

Pescatore

Feb 8, 2018
I thought I would share my experience of the interview process in Vancouver yesterday. I am over 55, so I cannot comment on the test aspect.

My email invite said to attend at 08.19. When I arrived at about 0745 there was a long line up - the doors are not actually unlocked ‘till 8am - so don’t get there too early, although there is a Starbucks nearby.

Once inside there is a large reception area - there were probably about 80 people. The folks taking the test were then taken off to a different room. Us remaining oldies then had to hand in the printout of the email invite, and then we were called to a wicket (like in a bank) for the “interview”.

Not sure how they decided the order to call people. There were probably about 30-40 of us, but probably about ten of those included interpreters (family members). It looked like the folks who had interpreters were called first (but that was just my impression).

The interview itself is really confirming your ID - passport, PR card and provincial photo ID. I also highlighted some mistakes I had made on the physical presence calculator - they did not seem bothered! With the passport they check for stamps - mine had none because all my trips had been to Europe - again this did not seem to be an issue. The officer commented that they have a record of when you enter Canada but not when you leave - so there is quite an element of trust.

You then sign that no new prohibitions and that is it. The officer said the oath would be in two to three months. I am currently living outside of Canada and they put a note on the file to try and have the invite coincide with my next stay in Canada - not sure if that will happen.

The interview was ten minutes tops - after about 40 mins waiting.

Next day I got decision made - pretty cool.

Please add my timeline to the spreadsheet :

Vancouver

single applicant

1300 days

posted Nov 16

delivered Nov 20

AOR Jan 8

In process Feb 6

Test invite March 19

Test April 18

Decision made April 19

jorbe

Dec 13, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2010
Doc's Request.
July 14, 2010
AOR Received.
April 20, 2010 NDVO 2nd AOR: Dec 17, 2010
File Transfer...
Dec 17, 2010 In Process......: March 21, 2012
Med's Request
March 02,2013
Med's Done....
March 12,2013
Passport Req..
March 02,2013 Docs Reached.: March 21,2013 DD Encashed..: April 03,2013 Med Received.: June 08,2013 CSQ .: Nov 15,2013 Decision Made.:Dec 09,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2013 Visa Validity....: March 18,2014
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
You can get your US travel history from the following website.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
I thought I would share my experience of the interview process in Vancouver yesterday. I am over 55, so I cannot comment on the test aspect.

My email invite said to attend at 08.19. When I arrived at about 0745 there was a long line up - the doors are not actually unlocked ‘till 8am - so don’t get there too early, although there is a Starbucks nearby.

Once inside there is a large reception area - there were probably about 80 people. The folks taking the test were then taken off to a different room. Us remaining oldies then had to hand in the printout of the email invite, and then we were called to a wicket (like in a bank) for the “interview”.

Not sure how they decided the order to call people. There were probably about 30-40 of us, but probably about ten of those included interpreters (family members). It looked like the folks who had interpreters were called first (but that was just my impression).

The interview itself is really confirming your ID - passport, PR card and provincial photo ID. I also highlighted some mistakes I had made on the physical presence calculator - they did not seem bothered! With the passport they check for stamps - mine had none because all my trips had been to Europe - again this did not seem to be an issue. The officer commented that they have a record of when you enter Canada but not when you leave - so there is quite an element of trust.

You then sign that no new prohibitions and that is it. The officer said the oath would be in two to three months. I am currently living outside of Canada and they put a note on the file to try and have the invite coincide with my next stay in Canada - not sure if that will happen.

The interview was ten minutes tops - after about 40 mins waiting.

Next day I got decision made - pretty cool.

Please add my timeline to the spreadsheet :

Vancouver

single applicant

1300 days

posted Nov 16

delivered Nov 20

AOR Jan 8

In process Feb 6

Test invite March 19

Test April 18

Decision made April 19
That's a great timeline, my warmest congratulations to you, well done. Mine was also delivered on Nov.20th, but no progress after IP on Feb.20th out here on the prairie.