+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Some pple get their test b4 the background check, so basically they running ur background check
Do you know what they exactly check in the "background check"? CIC agent told me there are 3 stages / steps in background check. What are they exactly if you know.

Thanks

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Do you know what they exactly check in the "background check"? CIC agent told me there are 3 stages / steps in background check. What are they exactly if you know.

Thanks
This could be classified information. I mean the details of the check. If the call centre people don't have a high enough security clearance, they don't even know.

Reactions: Kamal.Aly

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
This could be classified information. I mean the details of the check. If the call centre people don't have a high enough security clearance, they don't even know.
I was talking about the stages. One I know is "criminality check"...don't know the other two. That's why asking.

narr_12

Mar 3, 2018
Hi everyone,
I just got back from my test and got 20/20, officer said well done to me. I got my test invite on 15th march and test date was 18th April. Location is Vancouver :)
Hi ,
Congrats , can you please share the test preparation and interview experience.

css2011

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hi everyone,
I just got back from my test and got 20/20, officer said well done to me. I got my test invite on 15th march and test date was 18th April. Location is Vancouver :)
If one has family, do they all go together to the interview ?

Nawazt

Oct 8, 2017
If one has family, do they all go together to the interview ?
We are two family members. My daughter is 10 so she didnt go with me for the test/interview. I noticed that family members were intereviewed by the officer individually (not at same time).

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
The test invite letter is in. Took only a day to arrive by mail.

davidbarrett1

Jan 3, 2018
Quick question folks: I received my RCMP fingerprint report and couriered this to my local Citizenship Support Unit (Vancouver). Any ideas on how long it takes for them to process this and for applications to proceed? It has been a few weeks now and its past their deadline to submit this information. When I check my application status online though, there has been no change to indicate my fingerprint information has been received.

...ok i lied, that wasn't a quick question.

Reactions: nofrills

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Yes, via InterPol, as well as by other country-specific reciprocal information-sharing arrangements/understandings. My understanding is that there are 2 kinds of background check delays occurring currently: firstly in/by the country/countries specific to the applicant's history; & secondly by the influx of unvetted refugee claimants coming into Canada irregularly from the USA as a result of Trump's anti-immigrant rhetoric/policies, and there are apparently hundreds entering Canada daily, none of whom has had any security background checking, so they're naturally very much more urgent cases national security-wise for us here in Canada than are current Canadian PRs who've already been vetted once (i.e., at their PR-application stage). So it isn't CIC/IRCC's fault that applicants' background checkings are holding-up citizenship applications.
@ChippyBoy.....one query. I have provided PCC from my earlier country. Still they will do the checking from my earlier country?

Last edited:
Reactions: dutts and sns204

cohen

Nov 15, 2016
Quick question folks: I received my RCMP fingerprint report and couriered this to my local Citizenship Support Unit (Vancouver). Any ideas on how long it takes for them to process this and for applications to proceed? It has been a few weeks now and its past their deadline to submit this information. When I check my application status online though, there has been no change to indicate my fingerprint information has been received.

...ok i lied, that wasn't a quick question.
Up to 30-45 days
There will be no update on status online
The only answer you could be given (if you call after that time) is: that your finger print has been received & verified!