+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Guys, Mississauga/Brampton is a pain ... can I request all the Mississauga/Brampton applicants to mention their location when they receive their test invite ..we all can look forward if it starts to move. It is very frustrating to see 25% of the November applicants finish their test while just 2 applicants from 44 Mississauga / Brampton applicants get their test invite which is less than 5%.

I am assuming calling the help desk does not really work - but if we have to is there a number we should reach out ? I read about some requesting notes on their application do they help?
They can work on the application faster, Bt they r jus stupid to put the file on their desk Cos it’s 12 months processing time. Scarborough working faster than Mississauga and Brampton which I believe they have more applications than Mississauga... I don’t mind to write my test at open field or party hall

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone , my test s around the corner I have done some practice tests online but I came across this video and realized that there are some tough questions that I did not even have a clue about . For those who have given their tests can you please advise if they ask any questions like in this video? or the are more easy like apna toronto etc.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my interview i got 2 passport one is expired but i got some traveling in both one of my stamp she didnt see it and she told me if i had iterinary i said no and i remember i got stamp every country i went so she said no isaid maybe in the other passports so its there she didnt see it... its look like she want me to produce anything about that travel so if u dont have stamp maybe iterinary will be ok
HI, I have stamps for the countries that I have been to buy no stamps when I enter Canada , thy should be able to see that ? do i need to take my tickets with me ? (all of them ?)

astopal

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all
how are you guys,,,,
i applied for citizenship but no news yet my details are below:

application received|: 20 November 2017
AOR sent but i haven't received yet on : 8 January 2018
In-process: 14 Feb 2018.
and after that no updates on ecas, i haven't received any document from them through regular mail just email and ecas status can anyone tell me is it normal??? i applied from Cambridge Ontario.

Reactions: thegentleman

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all
how are you guys,,,,
i applied for citizenship but no news yet my details are below:

application received|: 20 November 2017
AOR sent but i haven't received yet on : 8 January 2018
In-process: 14 Feb 2018.
and after that no updates on ecas, i haven't received any document from them through regular mail just email and ecas status can anyone tell me is it normal??? i applied from Cambridge Ontario.
Added you to November sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

astopal

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Added you to November sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.
Thanks but i don"t understand where you added me there is nothin i can see in cambridge row is my time line are normal or its getting too late \

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks but i don"t understand where you added me there is nothin i can see in cambridge row is my time line are normal or its getting too late \
Updates usually reflects in 30 minutes. So, in a short while, open spreadsheet from my Signature and go to November sheet. You'll see your name at the bottom of sheet or do CTRL+F and search with your name. There are around 360 applicants who applied in November and are in sheet. You can draw conclusion that you are in similar position as lot of applicants.

Reactions: nofrills

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I have bn in process since January nothing yet , you will see in the spreadsheet a lot of pple applied b4 u they haven’t received anything

Reactions: edmonds

erexa

Jul 4, 2017
I have bn in process since January nothing yet , you will see in the spreadsheet a lot of pple applied b4 u they haven’t received anything
Same for me (parents).
Nothing since Jan 16th.
And the spreadsheet does not reflect this special case of elderly people who do not need test. Their timelines can be different so I think it would have made sense to have it somewhere a checkbox, Requires test, that way we would have been able to filter and see.

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
hey guys, so I just called the Canadian citizenship line because I haven't received any contact from them for over 2 months. The lady told me that my application was transferred from Sydney office to Mississauga office 2 months ago after they cleared all of the security checks. She said they should of have already reached out with the test invite. Since they still haven't, she is sending them an email to check if they received my application. Sydney office seems to be fast but the hold up seems to be in Mississauga. Was anyone else in the similar situation?

Reactions: CAforCA

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
hey guys, so I just called the Canadian citizenship line because I haven't received any contact from them for over 2 months. The lady told me that my application was transferred from Sydney office to Mississauga office 2 months ago after they cleared all of the security checks. She said they should of have already reached out with the test invite. Since they still haven't, she is sending them an email to check if they received my application. Sydney office seems to be fast but the hold up seems to be in Mississauga. Was anyone else in the similar situation?
Sydney is just a staging area from which applications are then sent out to area offices based on where you live. Mississauga is one of the busiest offices in the country, so it will be a bit of a wait. You can look at the spreadsheet in previous months to get an idea of what to expect.

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
Good news from Winnipeg. Ecas update:: notice sent on April 7 for test on May 3. Kindly update.