+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Congratulations
Can u share ur experience with us
How many people per class and what interview is about
Exam was super easy. If you read the book like two times and did lots of online tests, you will be fine. At least 40 people were there doing the test with me in the same hall. Interview was super easy. The officer just got my passport and my PR card. He matched the stamps with the trips I reported in the physical presence calculation printout. He asked me to sign a form that I had no offenses that prevents me from applying for citizenship. He told me everything is ok and I should receive my oath invite within 3-4 months. I believe it will be faster than this though as long as they make a decision quickly. That was pretty much it. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next step.

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Exam was super easy. If you read the book like two times and did lots of online tests, you will be fine. At least 40 people were there doing the test with me in the same hall. Interview was super easy. The officer just got my passport and my PR card. He matched the stamps with the trips I reported in the physical presence calculation printout. He asked me to sign a form that I had no offenses that prevents me from applying for citizenship. He told me everything is ok and I should receive my oath invite within 3-4 months. I believe it will be faster than this though as long as they make a decision quickly. That was pretty much it. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next step.

Congratulations for u
My test is on 26 th April
I read the book many times but i struggle to remember dates hhhhh

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Congratulations for u
My test is on 26 th April
I read the book many times but i struggle to remember dates hhhhh
Just focus on the important ones. Do lots of tests on (http://www.v-soul.com/). You will know from the questions the important ones. I got no questions about dates in my exam after trying hard to memorize all of them by the way :)

Congratulate me when my status moves to DM. Before that, nothing is achieved as long as the I am still in IP :)

Reactions: Balboul

jhane17

Nov 15, 2013
Estevan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-08-2013
Passport Req..
10-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
Good day, my original documents like (Transcript of records and Diploma) are in the Philippines. Do they really need the original copies?

Leb961

Apr 5, 2018
Since the officers check and match the stamps during the interview what do u do incase u dnt have anystamps ? All my travel were to backhome and they never stamp my passport .Neither upon my arrival in canada .. What will happen indat case ?anyone faced this .Before

subansina

Nov 24, 2014
Hi
My application is in IP status since Jan 28. My PR is expiring in August. Not sure that my citizenship application will be finalize before August. Should I start renewing my PR? Please advise.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
My application is in IP status since Jan 28. My PR is expiring in August. Not sure that my citizenship application will be finalize before August. Should I start renewing my PR? Please advise.
Since your reside in Brampton, your application will be processed at either Mississauga or Scarborough visa office. Both the offices are slow, so it is very unlikely you would get Oath before August. However, if you do not plan to travel outside Canada at least 4-6 months after August, then you do NOT need to renew your PR card. You can take test and Oath with your expired PR card.

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.12.2013....3rd line 17/1/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15/Jan/2014 PPR1 & PPR2 24/Jan/2014. Decision made on 27.Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/Jan/2014....recieved 30/Jan/2014
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
Hi .
I got the test invite for May 09 ,hamilton but we are family of 2 and there is just one email.will there be another email ? One thing more the email doesn't have any name or numbers so how would we know for whom this is intended for?
Thanks.
The email starts like this:
Dear Sir/Madam,

On behalf of the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, we are pleased to invite you to an appointment at our office. This appointment is for anyone who was 18 years or older at the time you signed your application for Canadian citizenship.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegentleman

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi .
I got the test invite for May 09 ,hamilton but we are family of 2 and there is just one email.will there be another email ? One thing more the email doesn't have any name or numbers so how would we know for this is intended for?
Thanks.
Dear Sir/Madam,

On behalf of the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, we are pleased to invite you to an appointment at our office. This appointment is for anyone who was 18 years or older at the time you signed your application for Canadian citizenship.
Updated the tracker. Congrats!!

I think all family applications have one email for test invite. Other folks, please chime in for correctness.

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
Updated the tracker. Congrats!!

I think all family applications have one email for test invite. Other folks, please chime in for correctness.
Thank you for your reply.
What about that the attachments or email doesn't have names or application numbers.

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Hi
Nobody can guess if you will get your citizenship between now and August. Theoretically you should according to the processing time I see right now but still there is no guarantee.

If you can live without a valid PR card for few months (You don't need to travel very often), I would say you can take the risk and wait. If not, I would recommend you start your PR renewal process.

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
When is ecas updated when test invite is recieved?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hi .
I got the test invite for May 09 ,hamilton but we are family of 2 and there is just one email.will there be another email ? One thing more the email doesn't have any name or numbers so how would we know for whom this is intended for?
Thanks.
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would say call the call centre tomorrow to confirm the details again tomorrow.

Reactions: woodworker