+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

pedmetric

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status is still showing this and no test invite. Anyone is the same boat??

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 7, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 14, 2018.
I guess it too slow process.

Reactions: thegentleman

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Hi. We are just waiting for our Oath Ceremony and we had Decision Made status last March 29. My father is seriously ill and will undergo surgery this week. Can I call the CIC to request take the Oath earlier so I can leave the country? Is my reason valid? TIA

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. We are just waiting for our Oath Ceremony and we had Decision Made status last March 29. My father is seriously ill and will undergo surgery this week. Can I call the CIC to request take the Oath earlier so I can leave the country? Is my reason valid? TIA
It will be only valid if you need Canadian passport to travel. But if you can travel without Canadian passport, then it is highly unlikely to be accepted.

I really needed passport for travelling due to work requirement which I showed to officer at the time of interview. He didn't comfirm that he will accept it for sure but it was accepted. I will taking Oath at the end of April.

Reactions: tikya

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 7, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 18, 2018.
I have bn in process since Jan 22 no test invite still

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the support of evidence, my request for urgent processing (urgent Oath) at the time of interview has been accepted. We shall be taking Oath at Scarborough on April 28. Oath Letter recieved on March 29 via email

Last edited:
Reactions: ohhhhusa

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015

You're kidding right - it takes two minutes to check the spreadsheet to see there are people whose application was IP in January are still waiting.

pedmetric

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're kidding right - it takes two minutes to check the spreadsheet to see there are people whose application was IP in January are still waiting.
I am not kidding and stop making such comments on this thread .. people I know who applied after me have already received test invites so I was wondering.

Reactions: ibry

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
I am not kidding and stop making such comments on this thread .. people I know who applied after me have already received test invites so I was wondering.
You asked for advice and my suggestion is to check the spreadsheet referenced in every page throughout this thread. So yes, I will suggest that asking if anybody is in the same boat is kidding - so easily offended.

haari

Dec 22, 2017
Hello, I took my citizenship test on March 26th and haven't received a Decision Made status yet. If I understand correctly, people are usually getting the DM status on the next day or just a couple days later. Is it normal that I haven't got an update after a week? Please let me know. Thanks!

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hello, I took my citizenship test on March 26th and haven't received a Decision Made status yet. If I understand correctly, people are usually getting the DM status on the next day or just a couple days later. Is it normal that I haven't got an update after a week? Please let me know. Thanks!
Some pple get a test invite before their background check they might start ur background check. Even some pple get decision made and still go back process

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Holiday weekend, friend.